What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Accuracy of thc test strips?

watchinitgrow

I have been clean for 19 days now and I found out I have a urine test tomorrow for pre-employment screening.

I used the test strip and it shows two lines, but the second line is VERY faint. The test kit instructions say this doesn't matter but in my search for answers I see that other test kits have a note about faint lines meaning it very close to the thc limit. http://www.stardetox.com/product_thc-marijuana-cannabis-dip-strip-drug-urine-test-p13587.html

My questions is, how accurate are the thc test strips?
Has anyone passed a test strip but failed the lab test?

Thanks!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
most of those tests have a time limit that disqualifies a positive test result. lots of companies ignore this fact, & pass the results along as a positive result on the test. if you are not standing there watching, you will never know! stood & watched the young lady that tested me last time. she tossed it at exactly 5 minutes as the test called for. the line was getting fainter by the moment...:)

watchinitgrow

After reading some reviews on the Walgreens test kit I saw a lot of people who had passed the test strip but failed the lab test. This is likely due to the fact that most test strips detect 50 ng/ml but the lab tests are much more sensitive. If you can get the 15 ng/ml test trips it would probably give you a better idea.

I went in today all prepared to sub with Quickfix and it turns out they don't need a drug test after all!

Feeling good now :)

RexDark

Thinking about using a similar test, I havnt toked for about a month and have a test in3 weeks but have been toking it up for 2 years without stop. Will I pass the test?