What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5th week in flowering...bud leaves curling

ooya

Is it normal that the leaves near the bud are curling down?

I have them in 100% coco and water them every other day.

Anybody have any ideas?

027.jpg

024.jpg

KaliRush

Unfortunately, I won't be of any help but just wanted to mention that both plants that this has happened to me, have resulted in the same airy type buds as you have developing and they stayed that way.

I'm wondering if this has to do with excessive phosphorus as I remember reading that it can cause such airy bud. Though I'm not sure if the leaf curl and airy buds are symptoms of excessive P or they are completely separate issues.

If you look at this link in my diary, you can see the difference in the more dense plants versus the real airy one that has the leaves curling down like yours

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2487910&postcount=45

It's almost as if the curl is a direct result of the bud not filling in correctly thus resulting in the leaves not being sustained by the bud causing them to droop or curl. But this is purely a hypothesis though

B

bagseed77

i had a strain all the single bud leafs curled down looked weird, kind of looked like some dj strains, anyway looks great man , keep it up

ooya

So you think it could be too high of phosphorus.

I'm giving it a mixture of the Budswell and also the line of Botanicares Pure Blend Pro every other day.

S

sergentjunk

Great post OOYA! I'm in the same stage, and have the same leaf development and thought it was normal...I'll be paying attention to this thread.
Also I am using Botanicare as well

*junk

ooya

Great post OOYA! I'm in the same stage, and have the same leaf development and thought it was normal...I'll be paying attention to this thread.
Also I am using Botanicare as well

*junk

Thanks! Are your buds fluffy because of this?

S

sergentjunk

I don't know if I'd say fluffy. I attached a pic, not a good one of the leaf condition, just a good one of the bud condition. Check it out:

Attachments

• my grow 027v2.jpg
    my grow 027v2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 15

Maxyeild

No offense but those look to be in about there 2nd or maybe 3rd week of flower.......Im gonna go with a bit of over nute that is why your getting eagle claw of leaves.........Just my .02

S

sergentjunk

Looking good! So you are in the 5th week as well. What strain is it?

Yep, started week 5 today. This is my first grow so I'm sponging knowledge from wherever I can. I have no idea the strain, it's bag seed from some very nice product that I was lucky enough to find a few seeds in.

Your plants to look very nice though, and healthy! When I saw those types of bud leaves, I just attributed too copious amounts of resin in/on the leaves considering their location, and the rest of my plants look fairly good now.

Here' my total thread if you're interested

*junk

ooya

No offense but those look to be in about there 2nd or maybe 3rd week of flower.......Im gonna go with a bit of over nute that is why your getting eagle claw of leaves.........Just my .02

Well, they are 90% sativa so they still have like 6 more weeks left. I thought they looked a little small too for their age.

ooya

Yep, started week 5 today. This is my first grow so I'm sponging knowledge from wherever I can. I have no idea the strain, it's bag seed from some very nice product that I was lucky enough to find a few seeds in.

Your plants to look very nice though, and healthy! When I saw those types of bud leaves, I just attributed too copious amounts of resin in/on the leaves considering their location, and the rest of my plants look fairly good now.

Here' my total thread if you're interested

*junk

Thanks sergentjunk, I'll definitely read over this.

the new HG

ill bump this old thread. ive had similar problems myself with the addition of the fan leaf stems turning red..... like to hear how things ended up. and if it was strain related or a feed problem.

5 week in flowering.
coco/ hydrotron mix 70/20 dtw fed once a day drippers 5min
canna coco a + b
pk 1314

flower week 1: a+B e.c 1.2
flower week 2: a+B e.c 1.3
flower week 3: a+B reduced slightly, pk added at 1/4 rec dose.. e.c 1.4
flower week 4: same above .... problem starting to occur end of week 4
flower into week5: tryin to solve problem. boosting a+B reducing pk ec 1.7 trying higher ec as I was told maybe due to under feeding.

coulple of questions..... I thought maybe overwatering causing the problem... but ive heard people watering 3-5 a day dripp feedin coco... leaves always have been healthy and almost praying,.... never drooping.

so im unsure if this would be the case... other possibility pk 13 14,,,, although strange to cause the single leaves to curl with PK,, thought nitrogen was the cause for this.

if anyway has any thoughts would be great if you could share.

Easy7

Veteran
Feeding every other day is way to often. Shouldn't even water every other day. Overwatering will cause the leaves to get heavy/bloated and hang down. You should run into root rot and nutrient burns soon.