What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

German Shepard becomes the first animal medical marijuana patient.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, I agree with you Gypsy.
Cannabis has been used for our furry friends, experimentally, for years/decades. What I learned from an article (posted it on here somewhere), just a very small amount otherwise it can lead to toxicity.

Lefthand

Yep, I agree with you Gypsy.
Cannabis has been used for our furry friends, experimentally, for years/decades. What I learned from an article (posted it on here somewhere), just a very small amount otherwise it can lead to toxicity.

Saying small amounts of cannabis is toxic is a pretty vague statement,
What compound/ingredient of cannabis were you referring to as toxic?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why do so many people NOT read what is written?

Lefthand, read what was written!
Nobody said "small amounts of cannabis is toxic" except you.

WTF is wrong with folks language comprehension?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
OK, let's get back to the topic dogs&'erb

Has anyone toked a blunt/spliff with their dog before?

redlaser

Veteran
I've never smoked much with a four legged animal, blown a puff or two at there face when younger. They don't seem to like smoke or maybe the smell. I've had friends that do it more regularly and they do seem to get accustomed to or even like it.

I've got a 14 year old, one eyed, mostly immobile pug that has to wear diapers full time. She gets 1-2 BB sized pieces of coconut oil with rosin at 4/1 coco to canna ratio. 1-2 mg of hydrocodone as well. Mostly for back and arthritis issues, but the canna for possible undiagnosed issues.

Gypsy- are the recents accounts unfounded or overblown concerning the state of Maine and U.S. prosecution/ persecution? Trying not to derail the thread.. yet asking anyway

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran

I've shared a joint (no tobacco) with my dog before. Like the dog in the vid you shared, my boy has hip issues. He liked getting stoned.

My friend has a dog who, when people are taking dabs, will literally follow the rig around the room so she can catch the exhale lol.

troutman

Seed Whore

One of my brothers used to have this large white shepherd dog I fed him a few ends of joints one night.

The next day, my brother got mad at me. After that he couldn't light a joint without the dog scratching at his office door

I created a narc dog.
laughing.gif

Last edited:

HazyBulldog

My bulldog has lots of trouble/anxiety in the car. When she was young it didn't really matter. Now she old, and a long car ride might actually kill her. Last time before meds she had drooled a puddle in the back of the car, and her tongue was bone dry when we got home. She was weak, and needed to be helped to drink water.

Now we use a tincture made by a company that sells to Harborside in Oakland. It works really well, and keeps her anxiety to a minimum. Careful though, dosage varies and liquid poop happens if too much is given. Lots of liquid poop. We got it dialed in now and makes car rides possible again.

Gypsy, you headed back to the states soon? Logic had a news story that looked like trouble? Hope not.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Let's try keep to the topic guys, but I'll just say that for now I am ok.

I had a dog once, a rott who always wanted to get close to me when I was toking, and seemed to sniff the air, and follow the smell to find me. I never blew smoke in his face, but he loved to hang out in a smoked out room.

Brother Nature

I used to have a rotti mix that loved eating the fan leaves at harvest, I'd be trimming then look back and he'd be munching away a big mouthful of leaves, he didn't like eating bud though thankfully.

He did always come around when we were smoking too, enjoyed a good a good ole shotgun once and a while. My sister accidentally fed him a few special cookies and I'd never seen an animal get the fear but he had it.

Cpt00tbk

One advice ! Never feed leaf to your dog if he can reach the grow !

Lol my litttle friend had a great lunch on my last malawi :mad:

When I was living in the foothills of NorCal there was a black dog named Mugsy, he was part Akita and part lab. A big dog who would chase bears with his brother Monster, who died from a gun by a crazy neighbor in the near by canyons, who accused our dog of killing his prized little flufffy white dog. A year later...Mugsy was missing for a few days, he showed up in the middle of a snow storm with a gunshot wound right below his spine. The bullet had exited out the other side. We fed him super super super strong kind butter and put cannabis oil on the wound. He laid next to the wood burning stove for two or three days. On the third day his wound was completely healed! Almost magically. He roamed the ridges protecting the farm for a few more years til a car hit him backing out of the drive.

I brought home a free puppy from the gas station. I’m pretty sure he came from Mugsy’s kin. He is a big brown lab/Akita mix who weighs in at 100lbs. I named him Nova. On a road trip along a rest area a car full of young women were loving on my little pooch who had just woken up from an accidental canna coma. There was this odd woman who rode in the same car as the others was standing afar gazing at Nova. The sun was even shining on her making her red hair glow this beautiful aura around her. I knew was what she was doing. It was pretty wild to witness. She expressed how much my dog loves and adores me. She then asked me what were the special treats he loves so much. I didn’t have the courage to tell her it was ganja. I dicided to tell her the silly story about how he got his head stuck in a milkbone box at a rainbow gathering. She revealed she is an animal communicator, I told her I knew that already. It was pretty neat Nova told her things that no one besides me and close friends experienced with him. After talking to her for a few minutes she pieced the accidental canna coma. He told her about finding my shake bag that was “spilt” on the utility room floor. There was no way she could have ever known about any of this because he was back to his normal puppy self. Nova is now 7 and still enjoys a cloud of smoke from time to time...licking the air or chewing on stems.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
years ago i suggested my friend to give cbd extract as medicine to his epileptic cat. seizures were over after they started to use it.

Latest posts

Latest posts