What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.S. Gov't Will Legalize Marijuana on August 1

iBogart

Veteran
Denver post is calling for July 1st reschedule...

This summer may be a big moment in the national conversation about marijuana. With a decision coming by July 1, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency could partially legalize medical marijuana, and the federal government could usher in a new era with a comprehensive and multi-structural approach to pot policy. Just don’t expect to fill a marijuana brownie prescription at your local drug store any time soon......https://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/17/how-the-dea-should-classify-marijuana/

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
I believe it should be removed completely and treated/regulated as alcohol and tobacco. Marijuana does not need to be a controlled substance to be studied or used medically.

this is what needs to happen
treat it like an adult substance, but not a hard drug

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset currentColor; border-image: none;"> Originally Posted by TheMan13
I believe it should be removed completely and treated/regulated as alcohol and tobacco. Marijuana does not need to be a controlled substance to be studied or used medically.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

this is what needs to happen
treat it like an adult substance, but not a hard drug

Actually, I believe it should be treated like any thing else I grow in my garden..
Tomatoes, squash or marigolds or petunias...
It grows in my garden just like they do, and no one gives a shit about me growing, consuming or selling any of those...

F.U.--big gov. and big biz!:moon:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
^^^ truth...
rather see BIG AG.... as in agricultural
instead of BIG PHARMa ... as in pharmaceutical ....

meaning the controlling governmental entity could have devastating effects on the outcome ...
why, cause traditionally... AG is measured in populas impact ...
where as Pharma ... is all about the profit ...

igrowone

Veteran
thinking over the timing of this, from what i see some more states will go legal recreational this election
and DEA is likely well aware of this
from a business point of view, cannabis is DEA's biggest franchise, they make their green on our green
every state with legal recreational will bite into that franchise, the ultimate disaster to a a money siphoning parasite, aka DEA
so what do they do? just sit there and watch it happen?
or a pre-emptive nuke attack? taking back some of the business by hook or by crook

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are waiting official comment from the DEA to confirm the report. If the story’s single anonymous source is correct, the agency has made a decision to put medical marijuana in the same league as legal, prescription-only drugs like Abilify, Adderall, Oxycontin, Xanax and Percoset

Yep, we're waiting to see if true, too! And there's a vast difference between synthetic Rx and cannabis. Polar opposites.

Highly doubtful knowing the political chaos going on at the moment in the US of A. (don't get me started!!!) ;o).

igrowone

Veteran
Highly doubtful knowing the political chaos going on at the moment in the US of A. (don't get me started!!!) ;o).

chaos there is, and that's not a bad thing from a certain point of view
cannabis rescheduling will be obscured somewhat by bigger issues
which could make this more likely, but my optimism may be running ahead of itself

iBogart

Veteran
chaos there is, and that's not a bad thing from a certain point of view
cannabis rescheduling will be obscured somewhat by bigger issues
which could make this more likely, but my optimism may be running ahead of itself

The "chaos" to me is nothing more than a distraction from the real issue this election. Widespread, rampant, Legalization.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Almost sounds too "April Foolish". If this is true, why isn't it making headlines everywhere???

And if Sanjay Gupta, M.D. says it....might be credible. But politics and grubby Big Pharma will be an obstacle, as it always has been....

Wait and watch.

It's too sketchy to be truly credible but I hope it's true anyway.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
No, the DEA will not Legalize Marijuana on August 1

Excerpt-

A weekly newspaper from Santa Monica, Calif., reported on Saturday that the “US Gov’t Will Legalize Marijuana on August 1,” claiming that “weed will soon be legal in all 50 states, with a prescription.”

According to the Santa Monica Observer, the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) intends to reschedule cannabis from it’s current status as a Schedule I drug to that of a Schedule II.

However, the only source of this information is an anonymous lawyer with knowledge of the matter:

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will reclassify marijuana as a “Schedule Two” drug on August 1, 2016, essentially legalizing medicinal cannabis in all 50 states with a doctor’s prescription, said a DEA lawyer with knowledge of the matter.

Shouldn’t we be excited? Not quite, as this “news” is unlikely to be true.

I can't post a link, but the website is thedailychronic.net.

rolandomota

No it won't happen they want to see fda clinical studies showing that the benefits outweigh the known "risks" of marijuana consumption for each ailment it can help. So maybe when that study on smoked mota for treatment resistant ptsd is finished and it's proven that weed is indeed helpful then we might see the schedule change but only for the specific ailments that pass their studies. but outright full legalization won't happen ever they always want to set plant , purchase and possession limits. Its disappointing I know but weed Will be consumed all the same no matter how much they try to stop it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nah, DEA will do a double speak and continue their lost cause.

Clamping down on opioid abuse is reason enough FDA/DEA won't budge from their position.

It wouldn't and doesn't matter to me. If it was completely legal, I would and do still grow my own. The most they would get from me and even this would be highly unlikely is money for seeds.
Commercial grown products will suffer greatly in potentcy and quality under government control. At least I know what's in my product

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Commercial grown products will suffer greatly in potentcy and quality under government control
Can only speak for Colorado....right you are....they crank out as fast as they can....quality is OK, nothing to write home about. Prefer to GYO.

Latest posts

Latest posts