What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what's the best weed in cali dispencerys?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just got my cali med card... whooooo. I also have one for florida but it's impossible to find decent bud for me in florida.. so I thought I'd reach out an see what the locals in cali think is hot..

the issue I'm having is there are so many dispencerys in cali it feels like it would take a lifetime to find the level of weed i have become acustom to from growing elite clones myself...

so who's got this level of weed and what's hot at the min?

any ideas...

also.. since I've got a med licence in cali and a licence in florida .. does that mean I can have the best weed in cali posted to me when I'm in florida?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm in florida atm.. just got my florida licence .. I got the cali licence a few days back.. chillin

the weed is bloody awful here in florida

OregonBorn

also.. since I've got a med licence in cali and a licence in florida .. does that mean I can have the best weed in cali posted to me when I'm in florida?

Short answer: no. You cannot send weed in the mail, and there is no interstate transport of weed allowed, even between adjacent legal states like CA and NV or CA and OR. I am not saying that it does not happen, but it is not legal to do so.

As for the best dispensary weed? Seems hit and miss in all the west coast states. I can out-grow just about anything available on the shelves for quality. But my babies get pampered here and are grown in greenhouses. Also what they have on the shelves varies greatly, even at the same places over time. In quantity, price, quality and availability. You can look on w e e d m a p s or l e a f l y online to see what many dispensaries have, the prices and the potency.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
do they even have dispensaries in Fla? no legit dispensaries in US ship out of state or instate from what I've seen so forget about that, I flew out there for 5 years and bought my meds and shipped them east myself or brought them back on the plane in my luggage.

there are great shops in every part of Cali with top shelf awesomeness as well as shops for poor folks that specialize in cheaper gear.

the main thing to know is that the price for top quality drops alot the farther north you go and so does access to the best OG Kush. greater LA dispensaries had a better selection of dank OG but all the good dispensaries will carry some too just not as good as what I saw in the top shops around greater LA.

there's alot less dispensaries up in norcal but the retail price for 1/8ths is usually much lower. when I was buying my weed out there I rarely bought a bag larger than an 1/8th as I was into sampling lots of varieties that I'd read about or investigating all the different types of OG, etc. I was also trying to figure out what treated my conditions the best and what type of herb suited me in the day vs night.

I was doing all this before I won the cup and I never tried to hook up with members when I was out there but I would totally try that out if I was you. I've had 85% good experience when meeting up face to face and I'd try it if you are in the position to visit.

all the good dispensaries I visited in Cali required state ID to get past their security so having a card is not enough and getting state ID if you are an alien might be hard to do.
try getting a high quality fake online and only use it to get into dispensaries.

if you don't have ID you might still find delivery services with high quality gear who will deliver to you.

this is where I got my rec on Venice beach in '08
picture.php

just a block away I visited my 1st dispensary and walked out with this.
picture.php

if you want the current top gear of the moment get ready to pay these kind of prices.
this is from 2012 when cookies were peaking.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep.. florida has a few I've found on weedmaps but it's nothing like what I'm used to.. it's mainly low thc and high cbd.. check it out on weedmaps bro.. they are selling stuff I class as lowgrade gear.. I want a flipping half oz of chronic and the florida dispenceries just have things like cbd vapor carriages and low dose edibals.. where is the rosin. wax. Buddha. cookies. SFV.. it's like they don't want to sell the chronic... they are clinging to this cbd vape pen thing even tho it is legal to have high thc with the right licence.. there are 2 licences over here . low thc and high cbd and then there is a licence for high thc . but nobody seems to be packing chronic... where's the cookies . fuk knows

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used a website called getnugs .. i have a visa .. I also own a plot of land where my dads trailor was back in 1997..i have been registered at a doctor for non canna issues since I was young visiting my dad in palm bay florida.. so I've got a good little handful of I'd.. .I also chose a doctor who does out of state medical canna concultations.. I littraly got a phone call after sending my usa based medical records . visa. passport. usa prescriptions labels with my name legit. my discount meds card from the doctor..my wallgreens account details..etc etc

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a state id for florida ..il use that to get my cali state id when I get my uncle's address..hes not a smoker but he's cool enough to let me get mail there..

I also have a usa business tax id ...that got me a T Mobile contract phone from tge florida mall yesterday ..that was just after I walked to get my old florida med records and got approved for med canna in florida ....the florida mall is right next to my doctors..

so in building my paperwork and it's going pretty well...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I go to the Dispensery to see if they have anything as good as mine..

I go to the Dispensery to see if they have anything as good as mine..

I bought an ounce of King Louie Vlll Indica which was very good. Tested THC 24.3, CBD 0.53.

I also like to get the Private Reserve if clubs have it.

There is also over hyped stuff like Master P, which they used to flavor.

Then again I'm never disappointed with my own grow. :plant grow: If I have a problem I throw it away.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used a website called getnugs .. i have a visa .. I also own a plot of land where my dads trailor was back in 1997..i have been registered at a doctor for non canna issues since I was young visiting my dad in palm bay florida.. so I've got a good little handful of I'd.. .I also chose a doctor who does out of state medical canna concultations.. I littraly got a phone call after sending my usa based medical records . visa. passport. usa prescriptions labels with my name legit. my discount meds card from the doctor..my wallgreens account details..etc etc

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is it not ok to post weed from 1 med state to the next med state..???. I was hoping having both licences for FL and CA might make it ok to get some smoke from cali before I go there with my mum soon...

mums gunnin for Vegas an im thinking about blasting down route 66 grab a bud ,meet a few people.. sounds good to me but I'm dry for jointable weed now while I'm in florida..

I want to get the Nevada med licence too...

how the fuk do cali boys cross the border to go to the Vegas expo..seems quite a contradiction to be able to jump borders with weed for competitions but not for a guy with a nerve issue that stops them sleeping and a lot of distress

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I have a state id for florida ..il use that to get my cali state id when I get my uncle's address..hes not a smoker but he's cool enough to let me get mail there..

I also have a usa business tax id ...that got me a T Mobile contract phone from tge florida mall yesterday ..that was just after I walked to get my old florida med records and got approved for med canna in florida ....the florida mall is right next to my doctors..

so in building my paperwork and it's going pretty well...

that's cool! certainly there's goo weed right down the block from you if you know where to look, go hang out in a headshop in the closest university town to you and make friends with the local freaks.

there are so many people who mail weed from the west coast to the east who advertise on line and I know a few people who use those services in Fla. the mass craigslist ads for marijuana are full of people who want to mail you weed.

I would choose an IC member who grows the dank you are looking for but also needs money bad enough to work a job in the real world and try to set up something to get zips in the mail.

trading a Fla ID for a Cali id might be the way to go and if you can travel to the bay area you will be hella pleased at what you can find at the best shops where the wealthy shop.

Harborside, Berkeley Patients Group, CBCG, there's a bunch of shops there that carry unique shit that you don't see anywhere else.
BPG always has this amazing all star Jack Herer that is just insane.

the Bay area has the best boutique high end quality that I found anywhere in the state.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya know bro.. Florida's weed game is wide open for a real og to take over

the first dispencery opennd on March 7 this year .it's called knox.. there are a couple more open now. but it's in a fetle mode selling just vape pens.. someone with chronic would rule this state

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
is it not ok to post weed from 1 med state to the next med state..???. I was hoping having both licences for FL and CA might make it ok to get some smoke from cali before I go there with my mum soon...

it's not ok to post weed in the US, medical or not. they do it in Canada and elsewhere not here if you have a legit business.

tons of herb are delivered though our parcel services here every day though...

how the fuk do cali boys cross the border to go to the Vegas expo..seems quite a contradiction to be able to jump borders with weed for competitions but not for a guy with a nerve issue that stops them sleeping and a lot of distress

there's nobody checking the border between cali and vegas and it's a quick drive by car. there are other places in the southern US though where there are checkpoints right on the freeways so be careful if you drive Fla to cali or back.

more importantly I would never do what it took me to get my weed in the IC cup just to get some weed to a sick person I only know from online. to me that's the most risky thing I've done with weed.
I can understand that many won't want to take on the risk of posting you some weed.

here in the USA however we have plenty of people who are either greedy enough or desparate for money and you can certainly find those folks without looking too hard, they advertise!:biggrin:

FLA CL has more weed delivery than Mass, don't be a slacker...
https://gainesville.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=marijuana&sort=rel

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Berkeley looks good...

I will ring them tomorrow... it's really easy to just goforit with unlimited mins on my new phone.. i frighin America

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i really want to be legitimate..

I don't get it... if both states have allowances for canna meds and I have licences in both.. what's the issue getting it from one med state to the next.. im fully leagal now in both states.. the only issue seems to be people's stigma and interpretation of the law...

the cali med law does not state that you need to be a resident in cali to be approved.. I littraly had to spell it out for some people

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I can tell you the worst in Santa Rosa CA, Organicann. on the other hand Mercy Wellness is a different story in Cotati CA

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for talking to me chunky pigs .. I really appreciate this conversation.. nobody seems to be interested in this subject.. I've literally had do this all on my own back till I made this thread..

oh btw.. I looked at Craig's list.. it just seems a little dodgy .. what do you think.. I'm not down with shady people just for buying weed.. I was really hoping to be legit when in the USA

thanks again man..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the romulan looks good from mercy.. what do you guys think? .. should I call tomorrow?