Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2018, 07:38 PM #3361
Sertaiz

Sertaiz will become famous soon enoughSertaiz will become famous soon enoughSertaiz will become famous soon enough
je ne sais pas.. je ne sais quoi .hmm la langue n'est past facile, c' est vrai. j'ai un petit peu
Sertaiz is online now Quote

Old 11-07-2018, 08:06 PM #3362
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Far fa far pipick.
--- Bob Hope trying to speak French.

2018 Season's Post Mortem and Best Practices

~

Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2018, 07:12 AM #3363
Sertaiz

Sertaiz will become famous soon enoughSertaiz will become famous soon enoughSertaiz will become famous soon enough
cobs

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78585&pict ureid=1898275

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78585&pict ureid=1898276

dunno if that will work... but trying to post some cobs here, two phenos of the same batch of old sativa seeds. my first cobs were gone wayyy too fast so i have to wait a month i think this time if i can for most of it.
cobbed on the dashboard with folded plastic bag for sweating and sweated during the days for 3 days and then let to dry with skins still tied tight but out of bag during the day and a jar with regular jar curing buds at night.

I will get a vacuum sealer just to be able to try longer wetter cures but this seems to work for this style cob if i work hard on making a very tight, and airtight cob that is tied very well at the ends.

aging in jars after doesnt need to be vacuum sealed.

Its the long colder fermentation that calls for vacuum sealing im thinking, or dirt. after a good hot sweat, in the roof the dirt seems like a logical step. Im going to try goatskins and manure and the ground in non flood areas. ill go there.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:15 AM #3364
Sertaiz

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:20 AM #3365
Sertaiz

cob, got the image thing now!

for anyone else struggling with pictures, i bet theres a tutorial somewhere but i used the second link "BB" and copied and pasted the link after uploading images to an album. took me too long to get it.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:27 PM #3366
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Nice colors on the second pic looks well cured.
The first pic still looks a little green still but that may be because its still new.
What was your recipe as far as time, temps ect on the second one it seems to have worked very well whatever you did.
Keep an eye out for mold if its not vacuum sealed. You seem to have it under control though nice job.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:56 PM #3367
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
Not at all. It's for the constant heat to aid in fermentation. Also imparts a je-ne-sais-quoi to the bouquet.

Am tryed to made cob in owen on 70 C for some hours.. and they
go really nice out.. good thought on constant heat inside manure
heap.. but i will not like urea in mine buds so they definitly need
to use crude parts of manure whithouth much liquid piss..

we need to try this method in future.. only thing no body keeps
cows this days or they are rare.. before every house keeped few
cows here near in villages.. now there are big farms that gives
antibiotics and i dont belive those shit bears same quality like
free range cows that are not in intensive production like big
farms are....
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2018, 03:22 PM #3368
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
When they say it's buried in the manure pile, you can be sure it's not fresh cow shit. I'm 100% Positive it's a composting pile. And not "liquid" at all. I had horses and the manure pile was composted completely. The "new" pile would heat up and would barely freeze all winter.

2018 Season's Post Mortem and Best Practices

~

Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:16 PM #3369
rolandomota

rolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to all
Yes that's what I suspected the constant heat of composting manure and who wants to go digging through manure piles? I sure dont with Sativa's finishing later in the year when it's cold you need a constant heat source and a place to hide your harvest. Maybe it was to hide their stash and the corn or banana leafs to keep weed clean and this is probably how they found out about this curing technique
rolandomota is online now Quote

Old 11-08-2018, 10:18 PM #3370
Sertaiz

manure piles and any composting pile of any kind that produces heat also do one other key thing here and that is eat or displace any oxygen present and so keeps from molding. also the fermenting fungus/bacteria are in the available "air" in high quantities.

so wrapping in a skin after cob wrapping seems like double security, and can wrap plenty cobs in a skin, with extra folds to secure it, could tie it tight. then in a covered from the rain manure pile. will have to cover it with chicken wire for my dog cause that sounds like a doggy treat,
manure sweated goatskin...