You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > Happy Birthday Joni

Thread Title Search
Happy Birthday Joni Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2018, 10:19 PM #1
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond repute
Happy Birthday Joni

Joni Mitchell turned 75 today.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:59 PM #2
RB56

RB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of light
Think I need to pretend I didn't see that. Her first album was 50 years ago. I remember it :(
RB56 is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2018, 11:21 PM #3
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud of
congratulations Joni!!!

will She go to a party in a Big Yellow Taxi? Or has her brain eventually dulled from The Hissing of Summer Lawns?

Thanks for the Feelings Joni!

"Human consciousness, at the same time as being a form of Awareness, Sensitivity and Understanding, is also a form of Ignorance.
The ordinary everyday consciousness that we have ... leaves out ... more than it takes in. And because of this it leaves out things that are terribly important. It leaves out things that if we did know them would allay our anxieties, fears and horrors. We would have a deep, interior Peace.

Now ... the question that is absolutely basic for all Human Beings is: What have we left out?

(Allan Watts)
Teddybrae is offline Quote

Old 11-09-2018, 12:21 AM #4
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond repute
The Jungle Line

Old 11-09-2018, 01:32 AM #5
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to all
When I first started guitar my brother showed me some open tunings. Joni mostly played in open D. She was actually not a bad little guitarist.. I loved all that broody folk singer songwriter stuff. And picking up a guitar and singing Carrie, or California, or Little Green was a near guarantee lock on sex with the ladies. Court and Spark was her best I thought. LA Express were a bunch of seasoned studio cats. The stuff with Pat Metheny was cool.

I read quite a while back she had some horrible phsycho/physical disorder and was in bad shape. Hopefully she is fine and enjoying life. Didn't Graham Nash write "Our House" about Joni from when everyone was hanging in Laurel Canyon.
ronbo51 is offline Quote