Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > The Munchie Mansion > What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Thread Title Search
What Are You Eating Right Now!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2018, 05:28 PM #5941
kaochiu

kaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
Nice ashtray there. Looks like it was made out of an old ship part or something?
Well spotted. I dunno really, it was bought in an antique shop like 30 years ago, then sister gave me as a reluctant present. It's brass and it's got the hatch too.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:07 AM #5942
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Definitely looks nautical, kaochiu, though I could be wrong.
-----
Had pork loin for both lunch and dinner. Fun fact, its just as lean, or more so than chicken breast, and tastes better!
Green Squall is offline Quote

Old 11-11-2018, 02:27 AM #5943
MintyMick

Location: On an organic spaceship hurtling through the ether. Or at the foot of Pike’s Peak.
MintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura about
Grilled chicken risotto, made with fat Arborio rice. And a giant cup of green tea with a dollop of canna coconut butter that makes it taste like an almond joy/ mounds candy bar.
MintyMick is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:44 PM #5944
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Bison steak. Almost no fat in it, so I pounded the hell out of it and will cook it in butter. Also a side of white acorn squash.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:04 PM #5945
superx

superx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond repute
Never tried it GS, i like a bit of fat in my steak "nice marble affect" helps with the tenderness, is bison usually on the lean side and is it expensive compared to cow? i have seen it here in Aldi or LIdl comes frozen in a small box, so not all that appealing. Have never seen it fresh, just looking at a image of the Bison he is quite a ferocious looking beast.
superx is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:27 PM #5946
Green Squall

Quote:
Originally Posted by superx View Post
Never tried it GS, i like a bit of fat in my steak "nice marble affect" helps with the tenderness, is bison usually on the lean side and is it expensive compared to cow? i have seen it here in Aldi or LIdl comes frozen in a small box, so not all that appealing. Have never seen it fresh, just looking at a image of the Bison he is quite a ferocious looking beast.
Yes, more expensive than beef, which is why I got the lean cut since its the cheapest. Tastes slightly sweet and has a minerally overtone due to the high iron content. You should give it a try, its pretty good. Bison is also always grass fed too.

I read a book on the Lewis and Clarke Expedition and their favorite part or the Bison was the Hump and tongue since it contained the most fat. Most of the men were eating up to 5,000 calories of meat a day, probably because most game was so lean!

Old 11-13-2018, 02:02 AM #5947
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
Yes, more expensive than beef, which is why I got the lean cut since its the cheapest. Tastes slightly sweet and has a minerally overtone due to the high iron content. You should give it a try, its pretty good. Bison is also always grass fed too.

I read a book on the Lewis and Clarke Expedition and their favorite part or the Bison was the Hump and tongue since it contained the most fat. Most of the men were eating up to 5,000 calories of meat a day, probably because most game was so lean!
bought myself a 24 oz bison ribeye for my birthday a few years back, grilled it on patio. my steaks get a good tan & that is all, lol. best chunk of meat i ever dined on, i think. availability is hit or miss here...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:01 AM #5948
Green Squall

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
bought myself a 24 oz bison ribeye for my birthday a few years back, grilled it on patio. my steaks get a good tan & that is all, lol. best chunk of meat i ever dined on, i think. availability is hit or miss here...
And more than half the fat of beef. The ground bison is good too and won't break the bank.

Bison Ribeye = 22g of fat
Beef Ribeye = 50g fat

Old 11-13-2018, 05:58 AM #5949
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pulling a Ricky and eating 2 cans of ravioli.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2018, 02:10 PM #5950
kaochiu

kaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud ofkaochiu has much to be proud of
I'm the sort of lucky ones with a metabolism like a nuclear oven, i can eat twice my weight in deep fried battered t-bone steaks over a bed of chocolate donuts and still don't add a gram of fat in my body. Maybe i've got dishwashing liquid instead of gastric juices.
Now, i'm eating a guayaba, but your talking of bison steaks, that i've never tried, has released a primitive appeal for it, ie. dribbling. Went to check the price and it's 67€ for a kg of bison lower loin, sent by post.
Maybe for xmas...