What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack the ripper

PDX Dopesmoker

If the first group of pistils in the top flower get pollenated then usually most of the pistils in the flowers lower down the stem haven't formed yet. I have one plant I'm currently waiting on that I smothered in pollen on it's top at the first opportunity a few weeks ago and the flowers on the lower nodes are now growing out unpollenated. If the stud is left in with the female to blow pollen all over every pistil that develops for the first few weeks of flower then you'll probably end up with small looking, but very dense buds that are about half or more seeds by weight. The seeds are dense and make the flowers look smaller, but the final weight should be all there, probably like 20 or so seeds per gram of flower.

stashpot

You should use selective pollination and just dust a branch or 2 otherwise you'll be picking seeds out of your smoking buds

3 weeks of 12/12 :

The GG hybrid is seeded, i can see some seeds, just grey/pale green. She's budding. The JTR female has brown pistils but is quite slow for the buds. The 2 other JTR males have stretched and are starting releasing pollen.

About the first JTR male, the fastest, i cut down a few stems and made them dry. I collected some pollen, but not that much. I have to mix it with flour to manipulate it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

eyesdownchronic

Glad I stumbled into this thread.

I was lucky enough to stock up on some JTR gear when it was readily available.

just finished a run of the Jack Skellington. plants grew small with low yields. 1 plant leaned to the lemon in smell, the other was more of a funk fruit. buds were golden colored and heavily coated in frost. definetly shined in effects with a numbing euphoric floating kind of high. quality of the buds was good, but wouldnt say this is "the best weed ever". I would like to sift through more JTR gear to try and find something better.

so...
just germinated the JTR, hopefully can find something a little more impressive.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Brown hairs at 21 days. That's a little early for my liking and I feel almost certain it's too much food. Not too much N though, they really want some N.

Maybe you have a lot of K present. It can interfere with N.

eyesdownchronic

Brown hairs at 21 days. That's a little early for my liking and I feel almost certain it's too much food. Not too much N though, they really want some N.

Maybe you have a lot of K present. It can interfere with N.

probably just from having been pollinated. once you pollinate hairs they curl and turn color

I killed the males after collecting pollen, and moved the 2 pregnant girls under fluoros to free the room where i put the Skellington's.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jack Skellington

picture.php

This one is a girl sure.

picture.php

Glad I stumbled into this thread.

I was lucky enough to stock up on some JTR gear when it was readily available.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83422&pictureid=2092589&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
just finished a run of the Jack Skellington. plants grew small with low yields. 1 plant leaned to the lemon in smell, the other was more of a funk fruit. buds were golden colored and heavily coated in frost. definetly shined in effects with a numbing euphoric floating kind of high. quality of the buds was good, but wouldnt say this is "the best weed ever". I would like to sift through more JTR gear to try and find something better.

so...
just germinated the JTR, hopefully can find something a little more impressive.

Hey Eyesdown, what male/female did you get? From JTR and JSK and got only 1 female over 4 plants. That's very small i think.

eyesdownchronic

Hey Eyesdown, what male/female did you get? From JTR and JSK and got only 1 female over 4 plants. That's very small i think.

Hey John Loque,
from the jack skellington i got 2f and 3m. so not too bad.
JTR actually just came up with perfect 5/5 germ, so still waiting to sex.
and wow, that seems pretty unlikely / unfortunate to get so many males across two packs.
it is possible though

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
The impressive lemon smell and taste from the JTR comes from Jacks Cleaner, would recommend trying that if anyone likes the JTR.
Around 2010 Sub mentioned the Jacks cleaner as being the strongest breeding plant he was working with.
JC is more of a lemon cleaner type lemon, crossed it with gg4 and is a staple in my garden

Hey John Loque,
from the jack skellington i got 2f and 3m. so not too bad.

JTR actually just came up with perfect 5/5 germ, so still waiting to sex.

and wow, that seems pretty unlikely / unfortunate to get so many males across two packs.

My JTR seeds were very very small. The GG4 hybrid seeds were very big. I got one JTR female and one GG4 female. Now that they are polenized, the gg4 has got big seeds ripenning, while the JTR has very small calyx and hair, but she's seeded.

I sprayed silver thiosulfate on a (the) JSK female i have on monday. 2 days later, she has survived, and one or two leaves are curling...Next spray on friday. First time i do that, i can't wait!!

eyesdownchronic

The impressive lemon smell and taste from the JTR comes from Jacks Cleaner, would recommend trying that if anyone likes the JTR.
Around 2010 Sub mentioned the Jacks cleaner as being the strongest breeding plant he was working with.
JC is more of a lemon cleaner type lemon, crossed it with gg4 and is a staple in my garden
you have the original JC? im quite sure it was a clone only held tightly by SUb. sure it wasnt the JC bc or the jacks cleaner 2.

Last edited:
JTR : Seeds are ripenning...

JSK : So i sprayed 3 times 2 branches of a plant supposed female. I say supposed because i did not see any hair on it, but on 4 seeds i had already 3 males, the last was looking opposite to the others, no male preflowers, so i bet it was a female.
And after 11 days of treatment with STS i had a sharp glance today, and ...
... i see male flowers forming on the tips, but everywhere, not only where i sprayed...
So what? Is it a male (i would have 4 males on 4 seeds)? Or is it a female totally reversed?

redlaser

Veteran
you have the original JC? im quite sure it was a clone only held tightly by SUb. sure it wasnt the JC bc or the jacks cleaner 2.

Good catch on that detail, mine is the jacks cleaner 2. Would have liked to try the clone only to compare it to. The JC2 is always dominant with whatever it was crossed to that I had. ( birdies cheese, gg4, c99)

I’ve grown kaboom and Qleaner though, both JC crosses, and it didn’t do that, both were not as good as their parents and kind of a letdown.

eyesdownchronic

JTR : Seeds are ripenning...

JSK : So i sprayed 3 times 2 branches of a plant supposed female. I say supposed because i did not see any hair on it, but on 4 seeds i had already 3 males, the last was looking opposite to the others, no male preflowers, so i bet it was a female.
And after 11 days of treatment with STS i had a sharp glance today, and ...
... i see male flowers forming on the tips, but everywhere, not only where i sprayed...
So what? Is it a male (i would have 4 males on 4 seeds)? Or is it a female totally reversed?
damn, may be. I usually found that males show sex first, so if something is late to show I usually assume its a female, but sometimes itll just end up being a late male. i figure itll be more apparent in a few days.

eyesdownchronic

Good catch on that detail, mine is the jacks cleaner 2. Would have liked to try the clone only to compare it to. The JC2 is always dominant with whatever it was crossed to that I had. ( birdies cheese, gg4, c99)

I’ve grown kaboom and Qleaner though, both JC crosses, and it didn’t do that, both were not as good as their parents and kind of a letdown.

hey, good to know. did you ever have any herm problems with the JC2? Ive heard that it is a notorious tranny.

redlaser

Veteran
hey, good to know. did you ever have any herm problems with the JC2? Ive heard that it is a notorious tranny.

Never had that issue with the JC2, out of six females. Actually never saw that on any TGA seed out 8-9 types bought in about 2009. Wonder if they still use the same parents for JC2 sold currently.
I’ve seen conflicting stories on the male used for JC2, one is the space dude cut of space queen, but I’ve also read the male was JTR.

The space queen male sounds more familiar to me, plus Sub used that on everything, but I’d rather it was JTR because I’ve grown space queen and prefer JTR.

eyesdownchronic

Never had that issue with the JC2, out of six females. Actually never saw that on any TGA seed out 8-9 types bought in about 2009. Wonder if they still use the same parents for JC2 sold currently.
I’ve seen conflicting stories on the male used for JC2, one is the space dude cut of space queen, but I’ve also read the male was JTR.

The space queen male sounds more familiar to me, plus Sub used that on everything, but I’d rather it was JTR because I’ve grown space queen and prefer JTR.
nice to hear you never had any herm issues.

i believe space queen was the male of the JTR, (Jack's Cleaner x Space Queen), and the JC2 is (Jack's Cleaner x JTR) ie **edit Jack's Cleaner bc1, thankx homeless.

Last edited: