What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The no bullshit 6-7 week flowering time strain list

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
id say majority of skunks and most afghans can easily be taken at week 6 but the potency is better when you leave them longer

sativas id say can be chopped from week 8 but again the same rules apply

any strain that is 70/30 sat/indica or less can be taken from week 6 anything above id say 8 weeks on

its not a difficult plant to work with

bless

YukonKronic

id say majority of skunks and most afghans can easily be taken at week 6 but the potency is better when you leave them longer

sativas id say can be chopped from week 8 but again the same rules apply

any strain that is 70/30 sat/indica or less can be taken from week 6 anything above id say 8 weeks on

its not a difficult plant to work with

bless
Full on Sativa goes at least 10-12 and often 16-20+ weeks. Don’t chop her when she’s half done...please. Even a ten week cut at 8 will likely be a poor excuse for an imitation of what it should have been.
Use the signals the plant sends.
Senescence, Amber trichs, Terps all of them are signals.. as you learn the different expressions of different seed lines you learn to read the language the plants are trying to speak.
It’s not a difficult plant but it’s very adaptable and that means we should be too... roll WITH her.. don’t stick her on your schedule and make her perform then say it wasn’t her best work.

There’s a world of difference between properly matured and cured weed and early cut quick dried home grown.
I know this because I cut and quick dried WAY too much early weed on my way to learning patience.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Attachments

• melfrank4001.jpg
    melfrank4001.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 113

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The story so far

Dinafem Industrial Plant
Green Crack
Critical Bilbo
Skunk #1 Fast
Honey Cream Fast
Green Poison
Super Skunk and relatives can give such phenos
Serious 6
top 44,
k2,
maple leaf indica,
sensi hashplant,
kc36,
bushmans
ACE seeds Kali China
Bubba Kush x Pakistan Chitral Kush
check out seedmans 'fast' series
Critical 2.
Mango saphire
Killer kush Fast version
Cream mandarine Fast version
Bubba's gift
Shiva skunk - sensi
Hash plant
Cinderella 99
California Indica
nirvana WR 7 weeks hydro seed plant,not yield much but pure fuel
a11,
MindBoggle x NYCD
Mai Tai
Guerilla Gold
hash bomb
ak48

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
With 7 weeks, each is 14% of your flowering time. To go an 8th week you want 14% more. If not, it's better use of a flowering space to change the plants.
People that spend 7 weeks in that space also growing them, have a 14 week cycle, so each week owes them 7% of the spaces output. I think from 7 to 8, most of us would gamble on getting another 7% on even a 7 weeker. I have a nice KKFV and the 'what if' feeling associated with a 7 week chop is hard to let go of.

Your mileage may vary

zif

Veteran
In a multi-variety grow / mixed perpetual, heady fast plants might transcend that purely numerical value.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
The only strain that fully matures in 7 weeks, IMO, is a quick pheno of Green Poison. Most GP phenos are done at 8 weeks, which is still pretty fast. Haven't grown anything that's done in 6 weeks.

Simon

MickTheBrag

the dutch cash croppers used to grow TOP 44 ive grown it to and its fast.
dont know what there growing these days.:good:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The only strain that fully matures in 7 weeks, IMO, is a quick pheno of Green Poison. Most GP phenos are done at 8 weeks, which is still pretty fast. Haven't grown anything that's done in 6 weeks.

Simon

I had settled on Green Poison before finding this thread. There is the usual 500-650gpm 49 day 0.9% cbd variety and a fast version rated 500-600gpm in 42 days. Both list 15-20%thc but the faster one a much lower 0.1% cbd.

That's 6 weeks. 6 weeks ago I was putting up pics of the build. It won't put on much more weight but the colour and resin content will improve over the next week. It's the KKFV listed 49 days. I had a scissor moment and culled a bit at 32 days once. Even that was chunky and smoked alright.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I had settled on Green Poison before finding this thread. There is the usual 500-650gpm 49 day 0.9% cbd variety and a fast version rated 500-600gpm in 42 days. Both list 15-20%thc but the faster one a much lower 0.1% cbd.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79539&pictureid=2098002&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
That's 6 weeks. 6 weeks ago I was putting up pics of the build. It won't put on much more weight but the colour and resin content will improve over the next week. It's the KKFV listed 49 days. I had a scissor moment and culled a bit at 32 days once. Even that was chunky and smoked alright.

Hmm...I was not aware of the fast variety. Guess I have to get some. GP has been a staple in my garden for about 5 years and I'm definitely open to checking out the faster strain. Thank you.

Simon

aliceklar

I did a sensi seeds / White Label feminised Purple Bud that took 7& a half weeks - thats the fastest I've grown (and it was a good smoke!)

Do you have to grow from seed each time? If speed is the most important factor for you, then you might get faster turnaround using clones - and then you will know exactly how long they should take and can dial your grow in. Seeds always produce a lot of variability (which personally I love) but are not so good for predictable results. 2 seeds from the same batch can produce plants that have widely different characteristics.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
47 days of flower,harvest for 2 days.
Fastest plant I ever grow 49 days.

picture.php

picture.php