What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Laugh all you want. *shrug* There are MANY studies done which tout how safe and benign it is. There are also multiple studies from the 70's showing it's effectiveness for bypassing the blood brain barrier.

Thanks for showing up though. ;)

Ca++

I read that 70s study. They concluded it's why ice cream causes brain freeze.

FLATLINE.jpg

Douglas.Curtis

Been following this thread for a bit. I’ve tried a lot of the ideas here, and tried CS also, all with no success.
Ran across this and said why not???
And I finally have success!!! ( link below)
The mixing was easy to understand and simple. Since I don’t need as much stock solution ( after mixing a/b, I toss the remaining individual solutions as I don’t need) I halved the amounts.
Hope this helps some one else!!!
So what you're saying is this thread gave you everything you needed, except a 1:3 (STS:water) ratio worked where 1:9 didn't. Yes, that too was discussed here. 🤦

Thanks for reaffirming some genetics require a bit stronger mix though. Greatly appreciated. The vid is a visual of this thread in action. Good find. :D

albertgriffiths

Seen this on reddit, on a thread about STS... First time hearing about injecting it in the stem.

Has anyone tried?
What do you think of it?
Internet bro science, or worth trying?

20240114_204422.jpg

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Interesting...

The goal is to have the silver bind with all the copper in the sap traveling through the plant. Injection would put the silver directly in the sap.

Curious why they mention still spraying if injection works?

albertgriffiths

Curious why they mention still spraying if injection works?
Yes, that's what's troubling to me. The whole point should be to avoid spraying...
If they're still spraying in the meantime, it doesn't prove their technique is effective by itself...

Practically, that also means you need a super-small needle and a quite fat and hollow main stem. (not sure how it would work with the little clones I'm using).

They didn't post any info on dilution either.

I'd be curious to try out, but don't know what protocol to follow. Maybe full strength injections on day F+0 and F+15?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
That is exactly the stuff I use. First I bought that same bottle you are looking at. The second time I just bought the refill bottle.

Shit works great for me.

EDIT: I might add that I seem to have better results using an eye dropper for application rather than the spray. I also didn't use any soap.

albertgriffiths

I seem to have better results using an eye dropper for application rather than the spray
I was coming to say the opposite :sneaky:! On the little test I made, I'm having better results with a spray than with an eye dropper! I didn't use any wetting agent either, and the solution beaded and rolled down the plants without wetting them too much, it seemed.

However, I rekon the eye dropper was much more convenient to use. Much less risk of inhaling/spraying it on your hands. That would deserve a second try.

I didn't use the exact same protocol/dilution on the eye dropper VS on the sprayed ones, that's another factor. But I'm not having any balls on the dropper ones and I didn't feel like it was being absorbed enough.

Seen this on reddit, on a thread about STS... First time hearing about injecting it in the stem.

I also tried injecting it into the stem today. And I won't do it again. Didn't work at all: my stems were not hollow enough, I couldn't inject aything in it, and I somehow managed to make a mess and spill some STS on myself... 100% not recommended!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
The only reason I use a dropper instead of spray is because I am using it on fresh cut clones. AFAIK fresh cut clones take in the water from the leaves (since there are no roots, yet) so I didn't want the leaves covered with the STS and possible affecting the water intake.

Might not have hurt them but so far, I am having great results with both the clones and the reversal so that's why I do it that way.

:)

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Everything I'm breeding is an auto so the lights are always 19 hrs for everyone. Clones, moms, 19 hrs.

I have been growing for over 50 years but Autos are new to me. I moved and lost my grow space so Autos are all (mostly) I can do for now.

I have been doing Autos for almost 3 years now and.... eh, they have their good points and bad. I still prefer photosensitive strains. The silver lining to the dark cloud is that I can grow outdoors for the first time and that has been a fun new learning experience.