What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best knock your ass out strain for sleep?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Buddy of mine was just telling me the buds of Amhurst Sour Dog x (Blueberry Headband x 3Kings) from TNT Labs knocks him out. Told me it was "bedtime weed". FlowerBomb Kush from GHS used to do it for me. Pheno i had was a super slow growing plant, but worth it imo. Another one that did the trick for me was L.A. Confidential from DNA. Used to fall asleep with the pipe in my hand.

You said you've been making dry sift, and pressing it to eat. Have you thought about making rosin, and using the rosin to make canna caps. I have trouble sleeping at night as well. But not when I eat a canna cap. When I swallow an about 40mg cap, I sleep thru the night every single time. If i eat one too late at night, I get the groggy feeling in the morning. But if I eat one before 9 p.m., I'm good to go the next day with no "hangover".

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
If you make edibles, make sure to add soy lecithin, since it makes it 50% stronger. I made cookies with cannbutter, made from sugar leaf trim, that would have been thrown away. A full cookie and I was zig zag walking, had to go to bed, and was mild tripping. I found 1/4th a good high, and 1/2 if I want to sleep for a long time.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Buddy of mine was just telling me the buds of Amhurst Sour Dog x (Blueberry Headband x 3Kings) from TNT Labs knocks him out. Told me it was "bedtime weed". FlowerBomb Kush from GHS used to do it for me. Pheno i had was a super slow growing plant, but worth it imo. Another one that did the trick for me was L.A. Confidential from DNA. Used to fall asleep with the pipe in my hand.

You said you've been making dry sift, and pressing it to eat. Have you thought about making rosin, and using the rosin to make canna caps. I have trouble sleeping at night as well. But not when I eat a canna cap. When I swallow an about 40mg cap, I sleep thru the night every single time. If i eat one too late at night, I get the groggy feeling in the morning. But if I eat one before 9 p.m., I'm good to go the next day with no "hangover".

Is Amherst Sour Dog a clone only strain?? I am currently growing seeds of Headband, Truthband, Kosher Kush, Skywalker Kush, Purple Afghan Kush, and Desfrans. I got a Blueberry Headband as a freebie, but have not run it yet.

kaneboy

Ive been sleeping great with chem dd and stardawg lately
Made butter with the trim and if i come home sore from work i just make up a packet macaroni pasta with a couple tablespoons of butter and i sleep soundly

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Not a "knock out" but the best stoney sleep meds i've had is CBD Critical Cure from Barney's. It seems to have alot of myrcene in it which is the stuff that will make you sleepy.
..once i fall asleep after smoking some of this (and possibly some THC-only weed) CBD critical Cure seems to keep me deep in sleep, much better than pharma-drugs.

The seeds are fairly cheap too.

CBD Cure has also fair good amount of THC thou it is a CBD-rich strain, so it will get you stoned if you smoke enough of it, Seen few tests showing it having 7-10% THC many times and my keeper is one of those but it's also very rich in CBD
.. but you can also mix some THC-only weed to go with it to make it hit harder. The effect is really nice with the CBD in the smoke, it's somewhat similar to smoking import hash, very "kind" and comfortable effect.

But for sleepy weed in general, you want the myrcene-rich indica stuff that is harveseted late enough = 50% amber trics. Check out some of the weed lab results you can find on the web, many of those list terpene %s also, so you'll get know which strains are myrcene-rich

Critical Mass and -hybrids seem to have good amount of myrcene in them. Critical Kush (CMass x OG Kush) seems to be really potent with 25% THC on many plants, but i have never smoked it personally.

Hope you'll find something that works.
Myrcene is a terpene. Is it an indicator, or it actually contributes to a sleepy effect?

gh0stm0de

I disagree with many responses.

Green crack? Thats sativa. Gtfo for suggesting that for sleep lol

Gdp and bubba are far too weak to be sedative enough for me to consider them sleep aids. decent for relaxing, but not "downer" enough imo.

Idk why people swear purple kush is nights out, because for me it has a cerebral aspect when i ran it 10 weeks on dwc. Could trim til 430am thoughts in the cloud like a space cadet and not realize the time... sr71 clone

Now, what WORKS...for me...

Dr atomic NL5 bubble hash. Holy fucking shit bro. Ppl told me homie why run that youll never get it off in norcal, i ran it anyways. Took that same guy a jar and told him it was presidential og. He loved it. Then i told him nah dog its the nl you hated on lol. He ended up becoming my partner for a while.

Dr atomic nl5 bubble hash i nicknamed "ambien og"
Cause you better not smoke that unless you're
Done with responsibility for the day and physically can get to your bed within 30 minutes cause kts night night time.

Oregon snow is so sedative when you let it go amber that i cant stay awake if i get in kn the blunt

Samuel Caldwell

I have trouble sleeping. I have been making dry sift and pressing it. Then I eat a three gram chunk at night. It works but my hybrid an Sat Dom strains make me take such I high dose I get half psychedelic thoughts before I fall asleep and a groggy feeling with a hang over headache in the morning. I can only do that when I work late.

I have a lot of seeds from bog and other indica's. I was wanting others opinions on what works for them.

Ideas?

Got any sour bubble? That'd be a good place to start looking if you've already got the seeds. Flower them until they're done.

gh0stm0de

I agree, buddys keeper of sour bubble bx3 i found to be really stoney. Not the sour boggle though, i ran that and was more hybrid

RetroGrow

Veteran
Vaping knocks me out. I have awaken with bag still in my hand and my finger over the tube...never even felt myself going out.
Longest sleep I ever had was from space cakes in Amsterdam. Ate one on Friday night, and woke up on Sunday. Ruined my weekend vacation. Space cakes for the win....only eat about a quarter of one...

I'm not embarrassed to admit theres not much i wouldnt do to try these caps you speak of.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I had some chocolope the other day that made me almost pass out. Very stony sleepy high.

Latest posts

Latest posts