What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The New Chocolate Thai

C

corygreen

I'm writting this to ask how can all these breeders Chocolate Thai be fake or are they all different phenos, I say that because a lot of people say it was early water as an excuse cause there chocolate is not the one that actually has the correct taste... Leads me to believe this more a pheno thing like DJ's blueberry because the real mecoy has been offically lost so everything that gives off similar smells is considered chocolate yes it has it in there but through inbreeding and crossing the magic plant has been lost yet to be recreated by those who dare.. Or is their a magical time period where a plant cant adapt a smell and a taste and if it is what make it so locked in it can be replicated through reproduction

EExtinct

I believe as with any strain you would have to find the right pheno, I'm sure you can even find chocolate smelling and tasting plants from strains that aren't related to chocolate Thai too

Reactions: X15
C

corygreen

Yes I am sure I can but were to start I was thinking coco puff x chocolope but for some reason I'm suspect they both could possibly be something else cause the old-school coco use to smell exactly like hersey chocolate taste and smell and was all brown there was a lighter and a dark version both brown where that chocolate

C

corygreen

I remember a time in NY at a patty shop myself and a couple of buddies got some of the pretties brown chocolate smelling and tasting trees i ever tasted and I been searching for that version it had dreamy long lasting effects chocolate taste smell color and effects, most this stuff today is pretty, but lacking in the areas I stated one way or the other

C

corygreen

I think hazeman cocopuff fits the bill ass the New chocolate thai it's 75 percent chocolate

C

corygreen

I like chocolate so I though this would be a nice place to speak of the chocolate thai strain but I guess everyone had enough of all the imitations myself also I even had stuff said to be 100 percent chocolate that didn't live up to that old school chocolate thai that smell of loud Hersey kisses and taste the same no I'm no master breeder but I do have good taste in buds a passion to grow the healthiest most elite buds I can lets be real it all starts with a seed, until you plant the seed were just guessing... :woohoo:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Chocolate thai is often a confused term. There is 2 known types of chocolate thai, there is the 70's 100% sativa from thailand that DJ short and the old timers talk about, then there is Dutchflowers "chocolate thai" which if you read the description of the seeds they used to sell they were made mystery genetics. I think almost everything sold as choc thai is probably from dutch flowers version.

Dutch Flowers - Chocolate Thai

We obtained Chocolate Thai from growers in Hawaii (who also sourced our Lemon Thai, already offered here). The Chocolate Thai had a classically thunderous, soaring high that immediately won everyone's preference. Unfortunately, the superb quality came with a 14 week flowering period price tag. The buds were incredibly aromatic and resin coated, but very spindly, with strings venturing on their own out of the thin main floral cluster, giving it an overall skimpy braided look. Curious structure, definitely landrace looking, but hardly productive even outdoors. Our Chocolate Thai source had warned that to obtain a reasonable yield outdoors, his method was to crowd many plants in a limited space outdoors, in a style reminiscent of hemp grown for fiber.

Ready4

Veteran
The old Chocolate Thai was outdoor grown and probably sweat cured or cured in mass amounts. To try to duplicate that taste
with an indoor grow is probably not possible.
Try growing any of the contenders outdoors in an environment that will allow it to fully finish and then check it.
A friend grows Chocolope outdoors every year, it has an incredible rich taste and incredible potency.

Scrappy-doo

Chocolope is great but most phenos have a melon profile, though a few have found chocolate apparently. Chocolate Rain by eskobar is supposed to have locked in the chocolate pheno.

Mick

Veteran
C I think almost everything sold as choc thai is probably from dutch flowers version.

I once had a B52 pheno that reeked of dark chocolate. Strong, awesome smoke that yielded great but wasn't particularly sativa. I used to open the jar just to smell the chocolate.

idiit

Veteran
Chocolate Rain by eskobar is supposed to have locked in the chocolate pheno.
the choco chiba from Brazilian seed company has a strong cocoa smell/taste especially after a good cure. it's reputed to be a cousin of choco Colombian.

I had a chocolate hash plant from vulcania seeds that had strong choco terps. I comined the two ( choc hash plant/choco chiba) and called it choco choco. i'm doing a repro run now.

I also have one chocolate rain fem from eskobar; it's a sativa dom looking plant with extremely short inl ( bush). the leaves are very small but look sativaish. it smells like chocolate in veg.

chocolate thai ( diluted) meets choco chiba. :)

i'll just keep working the chocolate hash plant ( prone to hermies), chocolate rain fem and choco chiba lines until I get something that's got strong chocolate terps.

BadRabbit

Chocolope is great but most phenos have a melon profile, though a few have found chocolate apparently. Chocolate Rain by eskobar is supposed to have locked in the chocolate pheno.

I ran a pack of the choc rain - found a couple of nice plants, but nothing really smelled like chocolate ...

C

corygreen

im thinking of a chocolope kush chocolate trip cross to me it would be perfect cross for some sweet dank chocolate thai far as taste i think the c99 in plan old chocolope really takes over but in the chocolope kush it more of a chocoberry type taste atleast that what mines taste like some people say it would of been more of a coco taste if I took it two more weeks but it had a great taste and smell just not to loud but the high was a feel good up type of tone, im just pondering right now I'm the type of guy who like to plan a breeding in my mind till it gets so vivid I can actually see it smell and taste it in my mind then and only then after proper planning do I proceed.... I truly think a good chocolate smelling and tasting sativa with a short flowering time it what the world needs now with a strong indica bottom which the chocolate trip packs on quite well I use to love DJ short strains and only sought out his famos blueberry because of the old school chocolate thai it contained :headbange:headbange

macamus33

You may want to try "Head Trip" by Bohdi Seeds. I believe it is "chocolate trip x goohead. I found a nice chocolate smell and flavored pheno on my last run. Although it was not kept as was only an average producer/not very big buds.

C

corygreen

hey guys got a heads up on the snow high choclate thai bx cross think I might be awesome especially crossed to bodhi chocolate trip F2 male this is just an Idea no plans yet to make it happen still no popped my coco puffs yet : )

C

corygreen

Chocolate thai needs to be resurected But become a heavy yeilder with a shorter flowering time thinking about steps I need to take to make this happen but I believe we almost there have some purple thai OG Kush beans of a heavy yeild OG female the purple thai self pollenated Itself and hit the OG mom aswell so I will be looking for a speacial stable purple OG thai female to hit with chocolate trip F2 pollen once succeful I will share the wealth.... :rtfo:

C

corygreen

The purple thai is from a mosca/DJ short otm hit with vanilluna pollen the plant is Dark purple I will post pics soon my buddy has the plant I inspired to breeding and the grow he did all the work :)

C

corygreen

old purple thai throwback

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

C

corygreen

I have thought about doing a chocolope chocolate trip cross to search from there because DNA chocolate thia seems to be real chocolate but crossed so if it's really has real chocolate thia in it I'm quite sure the chocolate trip might bring it back to the surface I was thinking of DJ's vanilluna as well but his strains lack potency although a good female plant could be used from vanilluna could add some character later down the road then back crossed to the same f1 male just thinking out loud lol