What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

khmer gold

SolarLogos

One seedling got eaten by a snail. Guess the worm castings were a bit too fresh..
Another seedling has not grown since loosing it's shell. Still about one cm tall after a week above ground.
One more has sprouted in a cup of h2o2 water, but not broken soil. Still a few seeds left.

Anyone else having done a recent grow or currently growing khmer gold? Would be nice to hear from you!
I've got KG going now. My seeds were pretty old and after crack and soak in coconut water, h202, planted in fresh ewc. It took 31 days for the 1st one to come up. 8 more came up the following day. The seeds are pretty old, they need a lot of time so don't toss them after a couple weeks. I had 34 plants come up, but only 12 had enough vigor to keep going. 4 were males and hermied. I have 8 stable girls in flower, about week 17 or 18, I'll have to check. I kept clones and will try reversing one to keep seed at least in fems until I can find a stable male.

picture.php

Red blood
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll try to get some updated pictures tomorrow night, those flowers were a few weeks ago.

teide

Veteran
Wonderful, Solarlogos! Truly amazing photos, how come I haven't seen these before! The plants look great, you even got the bleeding pheno. I am in awe..
I won't give up on the seeds, thanks for this encouragement! Please keep updating your sweet grow!

SolarLogos

How many are bleeding phenos?
Any starfruit or incense terps?
I believe I have 3 that bleed. Most are very eucalyptus, some very minty and mint/eucalyptus and yes, a couple of very fruity phenos. I'll have to go out and buy a starfruit for comparison.

I made dry sift hash from one of the clones I seeded out and the incense comes through in the smoke. The only real problem I see with KG is the leaf to calyx ratio. Most have lots of leaves, a trimmers nightmare, which is not too bad on some, but I have a couple phenos that are pearls on a string and so many leaves. The high is very good. What I had was an early pic so it was a bit racy, which has the potential to be pleasant or unpleasant, depending on where your at mentally during the moment.

I made crosses also with OHz, Lieu Hanh, Vietnamese black and a few others I cannot remember off the top of my head.
I'll get more pics up tonight when the lights go on.
Peace bro

SolarLogos

These are actually starting week 20. I can see a few lower flowers are ready for a nice racy high and I'll be picking a few here and there starting in a couple days. Tops won't be ready yet.
A few plants
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

They don't feed much, potting soil with organic amendments and with enough root space, they will go straight up

sbeanonnamellow

I've got KG going now. My seeds were pretty old and after crack and soak in coconut water, h202, planted in fresh ewc. It took 31 days for the 1st one to come up. 8 more came up the following day. The seeds are pretty old, they need a lot of time so don't toss them after a couple weeks. I had 34 plants come up, but only 12 had enough vigor to keep going. 4 were males and hermied. I have 8 stable girls in flower, about week 17 or 18, I'll have to check. I kept clones and will try reversing one to keep seed at least in fems until I can find a stable male.

Much respect for this update! A month to germinate gives a new perspective to tossing the seeds or not. I dig your method with the coconut water + hydrogen peroxide into worm castings. Is the coconut water and hydrogen peroxide mixed together or do you soak in stages separately?

Really appreciate you sharing how long it took for the seeds to crack thats really cool.

SolarLogos

Much respect for this update! A month to germinate gives a new perspective to tossing the seeds or not. I dig your method with the coconut water + hydrogen peroxide into worm castings. Is the coconut water and hydrogen peroxide mixed together or do you soak in stages separately?

Really appreciate you sharing how long it took for the seeds to crack thats really cool.
Thanks bro. I used about 10-15 drops of 3% H202 mixed in with a shot glass of coconut water. There are other methods, some people add kelp extract, worm casting tea, diastatic malt for enzymes, fulvic acid and other stuff. I've tried a variety of the above but like the simple method, it works for me. Everyone has a method, so try a few soaks and see what works for you. Best of luck.

Peace, God bless

Sachiel

During last years reproduction run, I noticed that one branch had developed a small streak of white/yellowish variegation along the leaf vein. I rooted said cutting and was surprised to have it throw more variegation after topping it just above that node. Here are some of the older leaves I preserved. This cutting turned out to be female and produced lots of seeds in the variegated parts (using (Khmer Gold x Kurgan Oblast) F3 pollen).

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
Wether or not the variegation comes true from seed is to be seen next summer, but from my experience with Hops and some veggies I am confident it will. Especially since some of the calyx containing the seed were nicely mottled too.

Stay Home, stay healthy,

Sachiel

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Well it appears I might actually have a tiny Khmer Gold plant. But there's a catch.

The seed baggies in the collection keep piling up so I've recently gotten into a habit of sowing the oldest, driest absolutely no hope seeds the first. Not expecting anything I planted all my remaining Khmer Gold seeds that I was kindly gifted by Hatchbrew some years ago. I remember sowing maybe a couple of dozen seeds at the time, trying all kinds of cracking methods, but as I recall, nothing came up.

So imagine my surprise when two very battered looking seedlings did come up! The other, without a growing tip, I'm sure is a Khmer Gold. And the other little mutant next to it is finally showing signs of growing a normal (and narrow looking) pair of leaves! I'm just not a 100% sure it is a Cambodian. Not expecting any sprouts I had also planted the rest of my RSC Viet/Laos on the other side of the pot and was sloppy with the tags. It could be either strain but I'm pretty damn happy with that scenario.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran

There they are. Am I hallucinating? :watchplant:

Both are probably Khmer Gold but the runt might not make it. The one with healthy leaves is growing right next to where I planted the Viet-Lao so you never know. They have a different coloration so that got me thinking. The runt has some red coloration (The red blood Cambodian) that is lacking in the healthier plant.

Viet-Lao was only offered for a short while by the RSC so people might not remember that one. It was collected in Laos somewhere in the Annamite mountains.

Namkha writes: Genetics: Pure Southeast Asian Ganja Plant Latitude: 20°N Regional Maturation: December to early February Height: 3m - 5m Aroma: elderflower, musky, light alcohol-like scents (?) Characteristics: extreme 'sativa', loose leafy buds, very heady high Grow Type: Outdoors.

"The heavy stoneyViet-Lao (from the east of Lao, near Vietnam)"

"TheViet-Lao has a heavy high too... stupefying and tripped out... theViet-Lao as I remember it had dark almost black (very deep purple) colour bud..."

I'm happy with either strain. I'll probably make s1s if I only get a femme plant. We'll see.