What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

khmer gold

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have any inbred Indica types around, maybe run a few of them too. So you can have some quicker smoke and make some true F1s

3 girls , I found one plant with big airy buds, the other two had wispy buds. Calyxes on a stick type stuff. All smelled exactly the same.
I still have some of these Khmer Gold flowers stashed away. Smoked some a few weeks ago

HatchBrew

Veteran
If you have any inbred Indica types around, maybe run a few of them too. So you can have some quicker smoke and make some true F1s

3 girls , I found one plant with big airy buds, the other two had wispy buds. Calyxes on a stick type stuff. All smelled exactly the same.
I still have some of these Khmer Gold flowers stashed away. Smoked some a few weeks ago

I could do that to a branch. But overall looking to grow out and breed to themselves to create fresh seeds for a wider test/user base.

rik78

Veteran
Hatch, abouthe where to post them, whatever is easier for you... me thinks!

we will be around anyway...

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I could do that to a branch. But overall looking to grow out and breed to themselves to create fresh seeds for a wider test/user base.
It was just a thought. From my limited sample of KG, I could see that the line has potential to be worked toward a denser bud. Terpene and high profile seems to already be locked in with this line. Kinda like the sativa equivalent to the state of Pine Tar Kush. Aroma profile is locked, but it takes a look through a number of seeds to find the special ones. Dense, frosty kush nugs are hard to find. kinda sativa inspired buds are much easier to come across. All phenos seem to breed true for aroma though. I've only run about a hundred PTKs for what it's worth. All descended from one pack.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Looking forward to see some updates!

I loved this pictures posted at Gypsy's thread on that trip where the Cambodians were gathered! It was the only report I've seen apart from the one from Lean Green and Mota de Dios, plants looked so cool! ;)

345z2.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

HatchBrew

Veteran
Thanks Mustafunk!! That's some deep green! Looking forward to the potential and opportunity to grow these out.

HatchBrew

Veteran
Khmer Gold Update:

Male back in December:
oPUWefx.jpg

Female in December:
alFBbvf.jpg

Female Now:
J9e0Qaz.jpg

6iIogXr.jpg

Yzb6kIO.jpg

Moved the female outside back at the start of the new year. It wasn’t enjoying being inside, but has responded happily to basking in the sun and camping out in the greenhouse or on the patio for the night.

Out of 13 seeds, two popped, One male & one female. This is the female, Chantou (translate-> flower), have the male still, cloned him down and have couple cuts in veg. Will start to flower one in a couple weeks, and the other one next month = extended pollination of the female Khmer.

I have never pollenated a pure sativa before, let alone many other plants. So that is why I am going for an extended pollination window for her.

Any advice and experience on this would be fantastic.

Want to also hit a branch of her with indica pollen, while taking the male khmer pollen to a tom hill x18 female.

ThaiBliss

Veteran

Subbed.

I was gifted a Khmer Gold cut by a generous good hearted soul. I have in mind a cross with a very inbred Nepalese line named Bangi Haze (Nepalese x Congolese). It is very clear, energetic, and a touch trippy. It is so inbred that I failed to make seeds from line breeding it. It appears to be sterile when line breeding, or the males are sterile. I had to cross it with a related strain, Nepalese x Jamaican Blue Mountain. Bangi Haze is the perfect strain to tame the Khmer Gold for more northern latitudes.

When I get the Khmer Gold cutting healthy looking, I'll post a picture here.

I have missed out on so many offerings from the likes of Gypsy Nirvana, Cannabiogen, Ace, and Chimera. I have finally caught on to the genetics of these good seed companies.

ThaiBliss

ikinokori

looks very good. you got lucky with having both male and fenale, you can pollinate those and keep the seeds !

Sachiel

Bangi Haze is the perfect strain to tame the Khmer Gold for more northern latitudes.

ThaiBliss

Hey Thai Bliss,

Could you report how easily the KG produces seed with foreign pollen? Not so long ago a friend of mine tried to pollinate one with auto pollen. It did set seed but only 10% did ripen. The rest got aborted. :chin:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Interesting hearing about the flowering. It sounds like I may have a challenge on my hands helping these ripen outside of Cambodia :)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Sorry guys,

That plant looked incredibly beautiful, but after I smoked a sample, I culled it before doing anything with it. I was probably too quick to judge properly. I've got so many other seeds to test.

I'm having a heck of a time making crosses with my Laos and Gypsy Thai to earlier varieties. Luckily, I found males from both and I have pollen store in the freezer. I'm hoping to pollinate other plants this fall with it. I have a Laos female still alive that survived the winter. It started to flower a little, but now it's starting to look like it's going to reveg. Wow that was a lot of work for nothing! LOL. I guess I need to have pollen from different varieties always available in my freezer. What a hassle. I'm just a pollen chucker. One thing I do know, that Laos female is very stable gender wise.

Best,

T.B.

teide

Veteran
Today I received my 20 pack of khmer gold. Last pack from seedbay. This weekend I will start popping.
I have ga3, h202, fresh earth worm castings, well prepared for these very old and precious seeds. Some will germ, I'm sure, just hoping for no hermies.

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
One seedling got eaten by a snail. Guess the worm castings were a bit too fresh..
Another seedling has not grown since loosing it's shell. Still about one cm tall after a week above ground.
One more has sprouted in a cup of h2o2 water, but not broken soil. Still a few seeds left.

Anyone else having done a recent grow or currently growing khmer gold? Would be nice to hear from you!

Latest posts

Latest posts