What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

clearcutter

FarmerGreen said:
Anyone tried pollenating a totally different plant with reversed pollen, creating a feminized cross?
Yup, works fine. I've done it a few times. This plant is the result of using colloidal silver to turn a female VBSxAk47 and pollinate a Mighty Mite plant.

Last edited:
J

JamesChong

I'll be using this method to self some Green Giant plants. Should be around January. I'm hoping I have the same great results like everyone else. Thanks for sharing the info and posting everyone.
Take care,
BG

FarmerGreen

Yeah, fantastic info, where did it first come from?

I've got a tiny cut that I want to self, but I have to shut up shop by like the 15th of december, so I'm trying to get it as large and healthy as poss before flipping it but still have time to reach maturity.

Cant wait to try this, it seems like magic or something

suzycremecheese

So even though feminized make pollen they are not male?

No there the female's sex chromosomes are XX regardless of being reversed or not. Therefore they only recombine with other females to make XX offspring. Since there is no Y chromosome there are no males.

However if you were working with a variety that might have some hermie tendencies I imagine it is possible for these to come out in future generations.

FarmerGreen

marijuanamat said:
I've got some CS in the fridge that i made a few months ago but haven't been able to use it as i've got to clear up these spider-mites first .I think(hopeing more like) it'll still work once i get around to spraying my a lemon stinky fem.I've made up 2L so i'm hopeing it's got a long shelf life.

You still there?

Have you had a chance to use the cs after all that time in the fridge yet? Did it work?

They reckon that stuff you put in spa pools last for a year so no reason why this wont

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this thread has just opened up a whole new world to me ive only just started making seeds check out my first breeding project in my gallery http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=52085
cant wait to do some more research on this and start making some beautiful fem only crosses ive got a nice line of strains to work with just need to add a few more (sensi star and pine tar kush) are on top of my list to get also would like a few pure sativa and haze strains to add going to the cup in november so hopefully i pick up a few nice sativa's then anyway awesome thread phenomenal can you pm were you got your silver coins from i cant seem to find were to get em for less than 80$ thanks.....

FarmerGreen

What does your CS water look like?

What does your CS water look like?

Just wondering how discoloured the water is supposed to become, because mine still looks decidedly 'watery'.

I used a 12v adaptor, 2 litres of water and 0.5mm silver wire dipped in about 4 cm. I ended up leaving it generating for almost 24 hours.

There was a little (tiny) slick of silver on the surface of the water, and some darker looking dischrge on the bottom of the bowl and also one the wires had a build up of what I imagine is the colloidal silver covering it.

I've shaken it all up and there is definitely a colour to the water, but not much.

Can you guys actually see the water looking different?

W

Wannabreed

Hello i would say i had rly nice results using silver nitrate medical stick, in my country i can grab one for ~3 euros in any pharma shop

Once bought just take a small part like 1/10 of the stick (brokes and dilute like candy) and dilute it in water (~30 cm3) and then spaying it 3-4 times in the 2 first week of 12/12

note; there are other manners to spray/put the silver nitrate (in colloidal form then, since it's diluted) on the apexes, like Cotton Ear Buds application, didnt tried it btw ^^

dont use too much cs!

edit; once diluted in domestic water it seems stable for 2 days whatever maybe on spray it 1 or 2 times is enought

Last edited:
Still budding???

Still budding???

I have a Purple Urkle that I sprayed for 2 weeks then flowered her. All is going good I THINK.......My girl started with the pistils, about 2 weeks later I noticed some nanners starting. Well she's still budding and throwing nanners. Is this normal?? I'll post a pic in the morning. She's a frosty one so a keeper for sure for the "experiment" Any thoughts though??

Well does anyone have any thoughts on this SHEMALE. As in the above post, everything was done correctly to change this over, all of the other clones from the SAME mom dont throw nanners so I know something worked.....

ANY THOUGHTS ON HESHE STILL BUDDING AND NOT JUST THROWIN NANNERS???? I'm smokin him/her thats for sure.

W

Wannabreed

hi, this depends of your spray and also of the plant, did you sprayed the whole plant or only a sub-branch ? Anyway it's ok since cuts dont have balls... ;)

This was a clone that I took at the same time as my other ladies. I just picked a random one and sprayed her and left the others. Sprayed the whole plant for 2 weeks then flowered her. Guess we can only see what happens. Looks neat though

peps1

hi guys and girls.

I know this has been asked a few times here but without a definitive answer, so:

What PPM level is optimum?

Iv seem for human consumption its a value of 10-30PPM but for plants?

Iv had success and failures with the 9v 600mA x 12 hours

FarmerGreen

I dont think anyones measured ppm.

I used a 12v 1500mA for almost 24 hours, quite a strong brew.

I switched about a week ago and have sprayed off and on for about 2 weeks, so maybe 7 times all up, and am already seeing balls showing. Still hoping to seeing some buds so I can self seed

FarmerGreen

bat1327 said:
I'm going to go back and read this whole thread this is just the shiznit

This is totally the shiznit. Read it all. It's like magic.

It melted silver in water on marijuana leaves for goodness sake

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have read the whole thread but i was wondering this:

i thought about making some fem seeds from a local early and photo sensitive strain ( semi AF)
its not good for keeping as mothers and therefore not good at cloning.

its says several places in the thread to start using the CS 2 weeks before inducing 12/12
but when using plants from seeds theres no way of telling their sex and i would probably be spraying males also.

what happens in this in my case as i plant to veg like 20 plants from seeds a few weeks and then using like 4 plants to make the rest feminised, but i would have to select those 4-5 plants from grow pattern when they are still in veg and theres no way of knowing if they are males or females so theres no way of knowing if the first balls are actually and successful sex reverse or a natural male?

could some one please shed some light on using CS on seedlings that are non clones and unknown sex?

Latest posts

Latest posts