What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

attempt at perpetual harvest, from a ruined grower

S

Sertaiz

pretty leaf on that last one, nice sawblade like a skunk leaf. did you ever try a tiny bit of hydrogen peroxide?. i dunno if that could be magnesium..... lots of things look similar to that. but it seems to be outgrowing it it could be dropping it because of past stress and past it now... or could be something new. the new leaf color and vigor look good, could probably feed even a tiny bit more. not a lot more but the leaves can go even more blue....

Deg87

I am blaming biosevia of this :hotbounce, I think it is also magnesium deficiency, reading the label magnesium is in sufficient concentration but this is packaged in 2014 and being organic I think it has expired. Yesterday I bought maxibloom and I will pass to the classic formula lucas, less variables less problems. we will see the results, and there are many little girls but I would like more and more.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to fix the flowering room, the basic idea is drip irrigation under 12 1k hps, I can not wait to see flowers .. I hope everything goes well.

p.s.
I just saw the first root of my personal crossing of local cannabis strains CSxEC (I think no one knows these species), I'm a little excited about it, I know that it has as many phenotypes as possible parents, really unpredictable what will do this. They start growing together with mothers for now and then I will make a cut flower to see what it does (hoping she is a lady).:trampoline:

Deg87

today is the third day I'm watering from above with maxibloom (ph 5.5 and 0.9), before (4 days ago) I made a flush with water (ph6 and 0.1) to wash up salt. The stains similar to burns on the leaves seem to have stopped getting worse. I still have a problem keeping the pH stable in the solution, the next day I find that ph has risen from 5.5 up to 6. In the coming days I will try ph down of GHE which promises to have buffer substances that should keep more stable ph so that goes up to ph 6 but in a longer time.
The seedlings seem to feed well, when I do test extracted with syringe I always see EC lower than the one I fed the day before, new leaves are green and in general I do not see deficiencies so I will not increase EC for now.

More seeds of my crossing have sprouted, too curious to see how they will grow up.

Blooming room is almost ready, I have to mount drip system, I'm still waiting for the pump, I hope everything works without problems, I do not know how many days still growing seedlings before flowering, they still seem to me tiny.
P.S.
smell of skunk is already a punch in the face when I get to the greenhouse.

moms

seedlings

cross

King Rat

gonna sub this one - very interesting.

on your very first posts you wrote that you used a cleaning product 'total care' in your soaking solution. what exactly is it?

i have a feeling that these defiencies and the ph rises might be from that stuff.

other than that your setup looks very professional and well planned

Deg87

looks like your nailing it!

sorry what do you mean?

total care is a product to keep the system clean, it blocks roots rot, etc. Here it is very used I do not find that it affects the ph, I use it once a week but the rising of the ph always happens, now I'm feeding from above and the advanced drain is thrown away. every day there are a few ml of solution and the next day is always at pH> 6

King Rat

by you're nailing it he means you are doing it right

when i googled 'total care' it was showing me cleaning solutions for contact lenses LOL
thats why i asked.

King Rat

that cleaner contains hypochlorous acid which sounds like something i wouldn't add to my nutrient solution. but since its developed to be used within the irrigation water it might be not harmful.
besides that your plants are looking way better. nice job

Deg87

thanks guys, hearing encouraging words helps a lot:comfort:, but do not have mercy to criticize if anything seems wrong.
I'm still struggling with ph ... I'm looking for the balance in the mix of distilled water and bottled water, now I'm trying with ph- of ghe, we'll see tomorrow if ph is ok, the goal is to get a nourishment that slowly increases the level of pH from 5.5 to 6.1 to obtain optimal absorption of all the elements, it is really difficult to do this for many plants. When I was a young teenager and grew less than 10 plants at a time these difficulties did not reveal themselves, growing many plants is more difficult than I thought, but it is so, I will insist until I find the perfect recipe (nutes, climate, procedures and good practices to manage everything)
Tomorrow I will write the description of the flowering room so we can discuss it with you guys.
:tiphat:

Deg87

Blooming room set up

Blooming room set up

As stated here is the blooming room.

specifications:
-area: about 20 square meters (about 215 square feet)
-light: 12x 1k hps with boxed reflector
-tank: 400L (105 gallons)
-airing: big and bad air extractor 380v
- growth system: 16 channels 3 meters long each one 12 pots (10 feet)
- irrigation: dripper 2l \ h divided each one into 4 pots then 0.5l \ h each plant (1 \ 2 gallon, 1 \ 8 gallon)
-management: 2 arduinoMega, ultra beta (made by me) software, some functions make an arduino some do the other. Turn on\off light, irrigate, read pH, res level, light strength, various temperatures, humidity and other things, maybe even more if you have suggestions.

All has been built (including walls) by me and my business partner in last months.
stop with chat here are some pictures:
left

center

right

dripper detail

The pump has not yet arrived, fucking ebay!
Other things are still to be done or finished, like perfectly isolate any light from air heaters, air conditioning and fresh air inlet;
Then there will be a test of all the systems hoping there are no gross defects.

Meanwhile, the plants grow, some less but I already knew that some seeds are weak, it is nature. And speaking of nature it will be important to understand when moving plants under 12/12 so that they are not too small or too large, both cases would create problems.:tiphat:

S

Sertaiz

wow, looks like a serious setup. too cool. exciting to watch it produce!

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Curious to see how these are progressing. Wishing you the best. To thick stems and thicker roots!

Latest posts

Latest posts