What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know your'e old when....

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
....and when hair stopped growing in the usual spots, but suddenly appears in the most "unusual" spots. Love those tweezers with the scissor-styled handles, lol.

N

noyd666

you go down to bunnings big store early and its full of old bastards with greying beards lol,

DickAnubis

Jim Backus was (entry has been corrected) Jim Backus was but he NEVER was Mr. Ed.
Please see post below..
I always wondered about Maryanne, big grin, always game for an adverture.
There was a hippie episode or I guess it was a beatnik episode. Seemed they must have found something "Organic" on that island. I mean only a group of stoners couldn't or wouldn't fix a ten inch hole in the side of their boat.

In typical stoner fashion they construct cars and a coconut radio but nobody could come up with nails, tree sap glue, anything to fix that hole!!
Yeah, they were stoned, no other explanation.

Jah, My mother is coming up on her 56th -29th birthday.

You know you're old when........you understood what your mother just said despite there not being a single proper noun or action verb in her statement.

Mom - "You know him, you remember. With the thing that time."
DA- "Oh yeah. And he had a chicken with him."
Mom - "Right. That's him!"

Peace in
DA

Last edited:

DickAnubis

Opps. I stand Corrected.
Hmm, could I have been smoking weed at such a tender age?
Nah, just a mistake. Thanks Wiz.

DA

A side note which may have confused me. Backus was on the Alan Young radio show, Alan Young who would play Wilbur on Mr. Ed. Anyway Magoo of course is his legacy.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
Ouch that hurts,
not yet into the 5o's but the countdown is on.
My Wishes for the big 50 .....'warm and exotic'.
You can read into that whatever you wish;)

What are you doing in this thread:)...30's are still young.
Best time of my life!
Still young enough to have lots of energy for fun but mature enough to know when it's time for bed.

You know you are old when......

Getting a good nights sleep seems more important than slogging your way through a work day with a big time hangover.

DickAnubis

Harumph, hangovers bad.
Smiley happy face good.
Today when I woke up I felt like a beautiful teenage girl.
This happens more than one would think possible.
Lucky that a middle aged (provided I live well into my hundreds) duffer like me can be so lucky.

You know you're old when.....you brag about drinking three beers without falling asleep.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Once in France a long time ago I turned on the tv and a re-run of Mister Ed was on and dubbed in French. I got a big laugh, especially at the end of the theme song when Ed sings “Je Suis Monsieur Ed”

That may not seem too funny to those across the pond but it sure cracked me up.

Speaking of birthdays…

[youtubeif]FjHTGgDWe0s[/youtubeif]
You know you’re old when…you’re posting Mister Ed videos in a thread titled “You know your’e old when…”

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
BH -dont know which side of the pond you refer to but that is pretty funny on sunny side----

'je suis monsieur ed' :)
that is way before my time, but a multilingual talking horse. impressive:tiphat:
funny video, 'he doesnt keep pictures of his kids in his wallet, he keeps pictures of his grass'

hey esterE- do you not remember your 50th b-day because you are so old or was it just a blurry week long party with a 5 year hangover?

Last edited:

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor

The Trabant was an East German car-like vehicle. In reality, it was more like a lunch box with the starter motor of a lawn mower as an engine. Its gigantic 0.5L two-stroke, quite comparable to a Dodge Challenger's 6.2L V8, could accelerate from 0 to 100km/h on the same day and was the only vehicle known to man, that had the squashed insects on the rear window rather than the wind screen.
While most of the Known World never knew about the Trabant, it was very popular in East Germany. In fact it was so popular, that the waiting period for delivery was slashed to only three weeks. However it still took a year for the car to reach its destination.
According to reports, the little blue puffs of smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe of the Trabant were mistaken for smoke signals by some. This caused an international incident at one stage when an American tourist of Sioux descent was highly offended by the apparent insults coming from a Trabant which was stopping at a set of traffic lights. The situation could eventually be defused after an interpreter, who was called to the scene, could clarify that the car was actually talking in a rare Apache dialect and was being friendly with the Tourist.

Trabant-

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Trabant

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
you know you are old when you post photos of 'funny old cars' in this thread instead of 'random' thread.

for those volkswagen fans....it stays.
we will call it 'poorvolkswagen'.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
A classic.

A classic.

1954-airstream-flying-cloud-1.jpg

DickAnubis

That's a beauty PH.
I had an old friend who was let out of E. Germany, when I say old I mean that chronologically he was old. I had only known him a couple of years.
Anyway, The E. German gov't before the wall fell would let old people leave if they wished, so they didn't have to pay them any pension.
My friend told me he waited six months for a Trabi and it cost him a year's salary.
He broke down and cried when I told him Ipaid $600 for my '67 Impala (long time used of course but still a gem).
He said,"Even the young people in America drive in a King's car."

You know you're old when......you look in the mirror one morning and one of your grandparents is staring back at you.

DA

Last edited:
N

noyd666

lol my grand kids were here yesterday, like looking at yourself a very long time ago , I wish them well.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
you're old when you can remember mini skirts & granny dresses on young hippy girls..

...and moo-moo's on the old heifers

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
You don't understand the selfie phenomenon of pouty face.

LOL....low tech phone (by choice here...simple prepaid burner-phone that is less than 2" wide and 4" long). No smartphone, no cameraphone, no alpha pad to text diatribes to friends or foe, and no selfies to post. Ahh, life is grand when things are simple--how else does one reclaim that "feelin' groovy" attitude again.

BTW...what is the pouty face thing? LOL.