What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Switching Between RO and Tap Water

cannabuzz

Hi guys,

Can I switch back and forth between reverse osmosis and tap water with my plants? For example: Use RO water when feeding nutrients and use regular tap water when watering only.

Yeah you can as long as your pH is right but if you ask me RO is better for flushing because there's nothing in it...at least for the end

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are we to assume your grow method is some version of hydro, possibly F & D?

A diluted mix of nutrients (~ 10%) will pull more from the plant than plain RO water

LostTribe

Premium user
I only recently started using tap water in hydro sure you have to use a lot more ph down but I have not seen any difference in the results now at 6 weeks bloom.

Ratzilla

Veteran
I opine if growing organically that tap water greatly retards bacterial and fungal growth. It has chloramine and fluorides that harm the soil life.
Ratz :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I only recently started using tap water in hydro sure you have to use a lot more ph down but I have not seen any difference in the results now at 6 weeks bloom.
You'll be surprised what side by side testing reveals.

Cannabis actually uses potassium better than phosphor, it responds much the same way tobacco does. A sweeter smoke being one property. I'm a strong advocate for not putting anything in the res that won't be used for awesome cannabis. Chances are it's going to end up in the end flowers, where I seriously don't want it.

That goes for the *extras* in tap water as well. ;)

LOVE r/o filters!

Douglas

Latest posts

Latest posts