What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help with new clones!!! Showing deficiency

I got some clones and days 1 & 2 went well. I let them sit a little longer for the plants to acclimate to their new environment and fed them twice, once lightly with just RO water on the first day and then with a light feeding of grow on the second day. Didn't want to shock them with too much nutrients because they were organic fed clones in rockwool. Yesterday i transplanted them into solo cups and coco and fed them again with the same light dose of grow, 1/4 strength again. Light watering, didnt drench. Today im noticing some calcium deficiency. I'm using RO in coco...DUH. Which line for dya gro is the best to correct calcium deficiency?

Also, should i stop using RO?

They are ready for a water and the leaves are starting to sag so i know theyre thirsty. I gotta figure out quickly what solution im going with and execute it. Thinking maybe of either doing just tap water or doing Foliage pro + Pro-tekt + KLN (to promote better rooting) and Mag-pro. I'm reading that Foliage Pro has the needed calcium but both grow and foliage pro have the same 2.0% of calcium. Confused...

FoothillFarming

Absolute best thing you can do for a fresh seed or cut is sprinkle a little mycorrhizae under the root zone. Second best thing is an EWC top dress.

Good luck.

Edit: sorry, thought this was the organic soil section

pics

Attachments

• IMG_5943.jpg
    IMG_5943.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5942.jpg
    IMG_5942.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5941.jpg
    IMG_5941.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5940.jpg
    IMG_5940.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5939.jpg
    IMG_5939.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 12
D

dutty

Dont know your nutes but coco needs extra mag, ca and k, coco is sucking this things up. Since most Coco nutes are based on tap water (they calculate the ca and mg from tap to their nute ratio) you need some tap or you get mag def first. Youre adding mag+ youre getting ca def.

A good ratio is 3:1 ca:mag. Your nutes give some ca like 1, your mag + is giving 1 or even 2. Over time the mag is repressing the ca from the coco, the plant is eating more ca than is and theres no ca left at the end.

Skip the mag+, use some tap water (maybe check your tap water if theres enough ca mg, bad things like chlorine and stuff).

Dyna gro. Was feeding just 1/4 strenght grow with RO. Yesterday i decided to just do 1/4 strenght foliage pro + protekt with tap water. 5.8-6.0 PH with 460 ppm .5 conversion

corky1968

Veteran
Mist them 6-10 times daily.

They look like they are dehydrating fast.

Until they root don't feed them or they could dry out faster.

I fed them yesterday with foilage pro + protekt. I didn't have calmag on hand. They perked back up in a few hours. I knew they would because they were thirsty but the sagging isnt my issue, its the brown tips and spotting along with the yellowing on some of the plants. 10 of them look fine but 6 of them dont look like they are feeling great.

I did have variation in the root systems from clone to clone. Could it be that the weaker rooted ones are the ones struggling a bit?

I just purchased some calmag and will add that to their food for the water today in an hour or so.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Dyna gro. Was feeding just 1/4 strenght grow with RO. Yesterday i decided to just do 1/4 strenght foliage pro + protekt with tap water. 5.8-6.0 PH with 460 ppm .5 conversion

These, with ca/mg should be all you need to carry through veg using RO.

I'd stick with 400ppm (.5 Hanna) or 0.8ec. Keep pH around 6, although Ca is more available at higher pH a balance for hydro is reached around 5.8, not all elements can be optimally available at once (my understanding) the sweet spot or functional range is between 5.5 - 6.5.....

When your plants start gaining mass you can feed 1.0ec
How much light are you giving them? Low watts you want to keep feed on the lower side around 0.6ec

Hope that helps

Thank you guys. They seemed to be doing pretty well, until today. I had roots coming out of all of the drainage holes of the cups 3 days after transplanting to solo cups. I transplanted on the 7th and had roots on the 10th. The roots are now exploding out of the bottoms. I fed Monday 7/11/16 at 12:30am first time with a little less than half strength 450ppm 6.0ph and some runoff (was 1/4 strength with almost no runoff before), then i fed again yesterday morning Thursday 7/14/16 at 1am with half strength 550ppm 6.0ph and more runoff, like 15% runoff. Humidity is 65-75% still, with temps around 75-77 sometimes drifting to 72-80. Lights about 8 inches from the top (4 bulb 4foot T5). 400CFM exhaust fan+filter combo on a little higher than lowest setting of the fan controller.

Everything seemed to be going pretty well until today i noticed i have a lot of leaves clawing at the tips. Some of them also curling down looking like they are over watered but most of them just have the tips pointing straight down (pics). I'm not sure what the issue is. I had 3 days in between waterings so i don't think it should be over watering? Thoughts? My research tells me its nitrogen toxicity...? Should i flush them and feed again at a lower dosage?

On a side question, should i be transplanting soon? Its been about 1 week since i transplanted and ive got a lot of roots out of the bottom its almost clogging the drainage holes. Should i go ahead and move them to their permanent grow pot? (3 gal fabric pots)

On a side side question, i have one plant whose leaves are turning a slight shade of purple. Any idea about this? Almost all of my plants stems are purple now as well.

(pictures are sorted in order. first set of root pics are sunday pictures when i first noticed the roots. 2nd set of root pics are as of today. and the clawing pics are as of today)

Attachments

• IMG_6013.jpg
    IMG_6013.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6012.jpg
    IMG_6012.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5974.jpg
    IMG_5974.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5972.jpg
    IMG_5972.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5971.jpg
    IMG_5971.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 13
pics continued

Attachments

• IMG_6014.jpg
    IMG_6014.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6021.jpg
    IMG_6021.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6022.jpg
    IMG_6022.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6023.jpg
    IMG_6023.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6024.jpg
    IMG_6024.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 9

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Half strength is 550ppm? So that means they'd have you giving your starts 2.4ec

How are you measuring out?

I have 3' tall plants in full bloom. I'm backing off at 1.2ec (600ppm) because its too strong

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would only listen to chronosync.

And read all the stickied threads. Coco is easy peasy once you get the knack.

Don't get hung up on supplements. If plain Foliage Pro isn't working, find a one or two part that does.

I have a jug of Flora Nova Bloom. 0.8-1.2EC, 5.7-6.2pH. No muss, no fuss. 0.6EC for a clones first feed.

You can't water by schedule after transplanting. They need to dry roughly 1/3-1/2 the weight of full saturation.

Clones with less developed root systems require water less often.

Latest posts

Latest posts