What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaii Green harvest 2016

Green

Veteran
Anybody know if they are still flying those damnable helicopters this year. Can't find any info if Feds or state are still flying. And if they are lets keep this thread updated on those wurlly birds. Any info helps.
Thanks dudes, happy growing

SurfdOut

Veteran
Guaranteed. They usually start right around May. DEA still flys at night here often on BI.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Someone told me they would fly at the end of May. Last year seemed like they only did one big mission on the Big Island in mid-september where they pulled lots of plants but no arrests.
Hoping they dont start enforcing harder to force people to shop at the dispensaries.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Such a shame that so much money and effort is expended cracking down on weed gardeners in the Hawaiian Islands, especially since the rich volcanic soil there is probably the very best on Planet Earth, for growing primo smoking bud.

I still hold treasured memories of the mouth watering fragrance that would waft out of a newly opened bag of Kona Gold or Maui Wowee, back in the day when those fabled brand names were the holy grail of marijuana strains.

Aloha Island growing brethren. I raise my vaporizer to you, and pray to the Ocean Gods for time to soften the hard stand taken by Johnny Law, out there in the pearl-string lands of the Kanaka, where the Pacific waves break in shimmering tubes back-lit by the sun's pastel paint-brush.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
...Hoping they dont start enforcing harder to force people to shop at the dispensaries.

With the new legal tax generating medical grows that were just licensed don't you think they will crack down harder this year?

there's a couple congressmen behind those 7 dispensaries I'll bet and they won't want any competition from fern forest.

I think somebody should shut those copters down because of the pollution and wasted fuel.
Get the environmentalists worked up about them.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
With the new legal tax generating medical grows that were just licensed don't you think they will crack down harder this year?

there's a couple congressmen behind those 7 dispensaries I'll bet and they won't want any competition from fern forest.

I think somebody should shut those copters down because of the pollution and wasted fuel.
Get the environmentalists worked up about them.

I dont think it will happen right away. The opening date for legal medical sales is July 15 but none of them will be ready in time unless they do something illegal.

A congressman already tried to pass a bill that would end home grows but it didnt get very far. His reasoning was that it would make it harder to monitor peoples "adequate supply."

They've already passed bills that will end the right to caregive next year (only personal grows will be allowed) as well as prohibiting traveling inter-island with medicine (total BS).

Only a matter of time before it becomes obvious that a forced indoor medical dispensary grow cant compete with the free sunshine black market growers.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Would it be worth it to make small patches in bamboo like 1 or 2 plants and far apart with no more than 6 in an area?

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Bamboo grows extremely thick, and totally blocks out the sun completely. That said, one would imagine that many a very ingenious stealth technique is used, when the Eye in the Sky never sleeps.

If high quality weed cultivation were legalized for commercial production in the Hawaiian Islands, and then allowed to flourish on a scale similar to that of the industrial crops devoted to pineapple farming, annual bumper profits in the billions of dollars would accrue to the state via taxation, while transforming the lives of the people employed by the new weed enterprises that will spring up everywhere.

Hopefully the legislators that formulate laws for Hawaii are watching and learning from the phenomenal success of cannabis enterprises in Colorado and Washington State, where weed has been legalized and allowed in from the cold.

JOJO420

Veteran
If you grow smart green harvest will not even factor in the equation, it's other things I worry about.
Got multiple 10 footers in full bud and I could care less about copters, it's all this freakin rain..

For real the GH is nothing like before. We have had amonster plants in full sun, full view since last year and nothing, not a peep from GH.
I do know of people getting busted still, however the method has changed.

Hawaii department of health is flying doing compliance checks by air now.
They fly over once, take a high resolution picture and do a plant check back on ground.
This is where it gets tricky.
IF you are over your registered plant limit they then can get a warrant served by police .

Many different scenarios have played out this year already. Some good, some not so good.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Sounds like the door to full legal weed for all has in fact opened in Hawaii, and it will only be a matter of time before weed prohibition is but a distant memory held by the old timers.

I sure am glad I lived long enough to witness these epic changes in the status of our favorite plant, on the WORLD stage.

Aloha

Green

Veteran
Aloha thanks you guys, my keyboard has been broken......

Hey jojo420 wondering if you could clarify a few things,
How has green harvest changed over the years?
How has there method changed?
Thanks dude and any tips to grow smart

Casper808

Mahalos surfd...they are doing comliance checks over here,took my buddy's plants for no tags......4 choppers..a grey large one with camera,a black and yellow a red coast guard one and another small black one.....circled over many times and I'm waiting to see what happens.....and da beat goes on..