What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hydro crunch 315cmh bulbs -any opinions??

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the '2' 315's i bought came with hydro crunch 3100 bulbs... any one have any experience (good/bad) with em?? - i'm sure they don;t measure up to the phillips agro bulbs, but with 2x315's in a 4x3.5ft tent should be suff light... but thinking of next grow .. do i shit-can these and but the agro's???

Cool name I guess. And I see they claim 33,000 lumens which is comparable to most other options.

Just like Phillips, only crunchier. :)

RedReign

I have 3 Vivosun 315 watt CMH lights with Philips bulbs and 4 with Vivosun bulbs. I've only had the fixtures with Vivosun bulbs for a couple of weeks, but growth is identical so far.

I'm sure the Hydrocrunch bulbs are similar to Vivosun bulbs.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I have 3 Vivosun 315 watt CMH lights with Philips bulbs and 4 with Vivosun bulbs. I've only had the fixtures with Vivosun bulbs for a couple of weeks, but growth is identical so far.
I'm sure the Hydrocrunch bulbs are similar to Vivosun bulbs.

i'm at 54days of 12/12- 1st grow with these 315's- all i can compare to is my buddy's 1000w mh.. and so far the 1000w wins out.. i have '2' 315's in a 4x3.5' tent, good vent/temps, foxfarm soil+nutes, and the buds look way smaller then my buddy's at 54days- still have 3 weeks, so maybe they will pack on the weight..;. but if i had to grade them now, it would be a C... better then my last LED grown with 3 300w vipars, but lacking against 1000wmh...

i'm at 54days of 12/12- 1st grow with these 315's- all i can compare to is my buddy's 1000w mh.. and so far the 1000w wins out.. i have '2' 315's in a 4x3.5' tent, good vent/temps, foxfarm soil+nutes, and the buds look way smaller then my buddy's at 54days- still have 3 weeks, so maybe they will pack on the weight..;. but if i had to grade them now, it would be a C... better then my last LED grown with 3 300w vipars, but lacking against 1000wmh...
What area does your mate have the 1000w MH? I suspect it would be way too much light for your tent.

Are your biggest buds directly under each light or at the edges? If they were bigger at the edges then you have too much light.

Cheers

RedReign

I only veg with the 315's. I used 600 watt HPS lights for veg for years, the 315's veg equally well.

I've never flowered with 315's.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
What area does your mate have the 1000w MH? I suspect it would be way too much light for your tent.
Are your biggest buds directly under each light or at the edges? If they were bigger at the edges then you have too much light.
Cheers

my buddy now has '4' 1000mh's in a large room, so its not apples to apples, its just that towards the end of 12/12, he has to stake the plants as the buds get so big, they start to flop... the plants i have growing r clones from his plants...

u mention bigger buds at the edges, n it does appear those buds r indeed larger, so i have lifted the lites for the last 3 plus/minus weeks i have to go... thanks..:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts