What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Veg area

Veg area

The veg closet had to be placed some where, and who needs a washer anyway?

So the landery washer have to go ... some where else!

Only issue with this, is the misses wanna have the whole scullery redone. Removed the old wallpaper, as it had some 25 year old smoke damage.
The prev. owner had tried painting it over multiple times, so didn't wanna risk it, that it some how would bleed thru the plaster.

The box above the floor drain is a 400 Volt outlet, but I don't know what breaker it's running on. (yet)
I might just install a new breaker, pull a dedicated cable. As I am pretty sure, the Garage is running on the same breaker as the 400V outlet.

Where the washer is connected, my RO filter will be hooked up. And a floor drain, inside the closet will also be handy!

The copper pipe is a Propane/biogas line, I can't really do anything about it.
The 220V outlet I might use for fan's or something, but I want to keep everything related to the grow. On it's own powernet, not connected to anything else in the house, but the main breaker.

For the final closet design, I have moved around on a few things. A little more logical placements, and the headspace in the scullery is a little higher then the rest of the house.
Giving me the option of fitting two rubbermaids, under the clone area for two separate reservoirs and the RO filter.

Now it's only to get the drawing to fit in real life, that can some times be a challange.
I plan to buy the rubbermaids for res and clones, before I start the build and simply build "around" them.
I don't wanna end up building something that won't fit, might have happend before. Not sure, stoner memory you know ...
:laughing:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
:yay:

Good on ya! What's planned for the veg area? What are some differences for your veg mix vs. flower?

Veg area take a look at the post above ^^

My veg feed mix is now a 14-3-23 + micro NPK I mix from raw salts, did a post about it a few pages back.

The flower mix is just gonna be GHE Micro and Bloom, 2 part micro and 3 part bloom + epsom.

Right now it's a mix of the two, and I'll switch to pure flower mix after two weeks.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flowerday 1

Flowerday 1

So they are awake after their first 12 hour sleep!

Changed the light setting from 2x 400 W to 2x 660 Watt (Lumatek 600 SL)

pH have dropped 0.1, so I have added some more RO water.
As the plants are using more water, then nutrients and the pH is dropping.

Today is day 100, since I started all this. :peacock:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Ohh yeah I got a care package from Gypsy, with a bunch goodies of older date.

Time will tell how many of them will sprout, but combined with the care package from Wallyduck, my 10 old Pino O x GFB seeds and the island seeds I found sailing last summer.

I am sure I'll be able to get some to sprout, and find some great gems.

Sweet Tooth #3 I know and have grown before, found a great mom that had a good yeald, awesome structure for SOG.
Hitting hard with a nice flavor, and a great and long body stoned effect. Not a day toker, as I recall it.

But the rest of them all sounds really nice

The Prophet (pre 98 Bubba Kush x Tang Tang male) Could be very interresting, could carry both indica and heavy sat dom phenos.

Chemderella - Haven't looked it up, the pack don't say anything.
Im guessing it's a ChemD and Cinderella 88 cross, I have always liked C-99 and read lots of great stuff about ChemD. So this could be great

Grapefruit Fly - have no idea what the fly part it, got to look that up.
But the grapefruit part could go well with the Pine o X Grapefruit Bowl, if I can get any thouse two packs to sprout.

East Coast Sour Diesel Haze - Smoked it a few times in holland, but never grown it. They will be interresting as well!

Broad Leaf Black - from reading the pack, it sound like a mix of all kind of goodies.
Again I haven't looked it up, im sure there are grow reports out there on most of this.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Topped the res off with about 15 L fresh RO/Tap water, to raise the pH again and this morning it was reading 5.9 pH and 0.8 Ec.

Made a 60 L mix, of RO/tab water pH adjusted it and added Mirco/bloom in 2-3 parts and two tsp epsom, at 5.8 and 1.1 Ec

Topped the Res up, ending out with a solution at 5.9 pH and 1.0 Ec
Two part flower mix and 1 part of the old veg mix.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The pH had gone a little up, from 5.9 to 5.97 and the Ec ha dropped from 1.0 to 0.9

So now at the beginning of flowerday 3, I have bumped up the Ec and lowered the pH a little by doing so.

I just added more Micro and Bloom in 2:3 parts.

pH 5.8
Ec 1.2

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Had about a 0.05 drop in the pH over night (day for the plants)

5.75 pH
1.2 Ec

picture.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Ohh yeah I got a care package from Gypsy, with a bunch goodies of older date.

Time will tell how many of them will sprout, but combined with the care package from Wallyduck, my 10 old Pino O x GFB seeds and the island seeds I found sailing last summer.

I am sure I'll be able to get some to sprout, and find some great gems.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1848326]View Image[/url]

Sweet Tooth #3 I know and have grown before, found a great mom that had a good yeald, awesome structure for SOG.
Hitting hard with a nice flavor, and a great and long body stoned effect. Not a day toker, as I recall it.

But the rest of them all sounds really nice

The Prophet (pre 98 Bubba Kush x Tang Tang male) Could be very interresting, could carry both indica and heavy sat dom phenos.

Chemderella - Haven't looked it up, the pack don't say anything.
Im guessing it's a ChemD and Cinderella 88 cross, I have always liked C-99 and read lots of great stuff about ChemD. So this could be great

Grapefruit Fly - have no idea what the fly part it, got to look that up.
But the grapefruit part could go well with the Pine o X Grapefruit Bowl, if I can get any thouse two packs to sprout.

East Coast Sour Diesel Haze - Smoked it a few times in holland, but never grown it. They will be interresting as well!

Broad Leaf Black - from reading the pack, it sound like a mix of all kind of goodies.
Again I haven't looked it up, im sure there are grow reports out there on most of this.

That's some care package! The Prophet caught my eye immediately. The Tang Tang male provides such a great structure to everything it touches. Gypsy nailed it! :dance013:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
That's some care package! The Prophet caught my eye immediately. The Tang Tang male provides such a great structure to everything it touches. Gypsy nailed it! :dance013:

Yeah im looking forward to see if I can get them to sprout, I haven't been able to find much info about the pre 11 Prophet. Only info I found, was the pre 11 Prophet yealds less.

I guess I'll learn more first hand, once I get them growing!

C

Chipleader

I love it :laughing:
and i dont need washing machine too :biggrin:
But im very interesteed how this led setup willl work
Could you tell us how much electricity do you used for do a round of this setup and of course how much nugget u get :woohoo:
i grab a chair and some pop corn too :lurk:
keep up the good work
i stay tuned :tiphat:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I love it :laughing:
and i dont need washing machine too :biggrin:
But im very interesteed how this led setup willl work
Could you tell us how much electricity do you used for do a round of this setup and of course how much nugget u get :woohoo:
i grab a chair and some pop corn too :lurk:
keep up the good work
i stay tuned :tiphat:

Im also very interested in how the LED setup will work, so I have ordered all kinds of LED strips. Different color temps, chip's and voltage.

No matter what results I get, I will post it here good or bad!
I will also do some side by side tests, and looking into ways to messure the light. Unfortunet a Par meter is out of my price range, but I'll try and do some Lux and Kelvin readings with my phone.
They might only be ball park figures, but again im testing 1½ $ hard strips. And in the end, the plants won't lie.

I will test the LED for flower, but the main intention with the LED closet. Is to keep more mom's, start seeds and make clones on less space. But for now I will keep flowering under HID, either 2x 600 W HPS or 3x 315 CMH.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thanx greenpip32, welcome aboard!

Short update

At lights on pH had dropped a lot 5.4 pH, after I calibrated my meter. So reminder, remember to calibrate often, once a week is not a bad idea.

Ec had dropped to 1.1

Added some Tap water, and have raised the pH to 5.97
It's gonna take a few hours to buffer, so I'll check that in the morning before lights out.

Still at 1.1 Ec after I topped the res of with tap water, the plants are drinking some but I think it's the nute mix thats causing the pH to drop. Something is still not in ballance, but the plants looks okay.
I'll see in a day or two, if the low pH have done any damage.

Room temp is pretty stabil, around 21-25 C degrees. Day and night, at least the room temp says about 21-22 C when the lights turn on.
Before lights out, the temp at the canopy is 25 C.

Water and rootzone temps are at 20 C degrees

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Shot follow up.

After I got up, Ladys been partying all night

pH 5.9
Ec 1.1

So not much have changed, a slight 0.07 drop in pH but that was kinda expected.

I think All's good in the hood!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
pH dropped from 5.9 to 5.72 pH, during lights on. Ec is jumping between 1.0 and 1.1, but reads out as 1.1. So they are uptaking plenty of nutes, but something is still not right.

I think a 0.18 drop is quite a bit, but let's see how it looks tonight.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Playing around ^^

Well had a run in with my cousin, who I grew out the seeds and picked the mom to the "mystery" OG Kush clones I was passed on, by another cousin.

The OG Kush is as I suspected, wasn't a OG kush but a Royal Queen Seeds Skunk #1.
I don't know RQS, but what I could see. It's from Fem seeds, I'll flower them out.
If for some reason, it's really really great. Id might keep it, for another run but with all the goodies I have been sent.
I see no reason to keep on to some Fem. Skunk #1, when I got the original Cheese pheno.
My cousin picked the highest yeald pheno, where I aim more for awesome flavor, great high and yeald is less important (not unimportant).
I try different things, as one pheno might yeald much more trained different.
And indoor a seedling is often not mature enough, to show the plants full potential.
I have often found that one of the underdogs, who was kept for it's flavor. Start yealding much more at the 2nd or 3rd run, once the mom is fully mature.
I don't have anything to back it up with, but that's my experiance and it might just be the fact.
That after 2nd or 3rd run, you simply just know the plant better. And can give it better care, correct feeding all the way.
But either way, I find that many growers. Sprout seeds, and just keep one or two moms after first grow and tosses the rest.
And might toss a rough diamon, they didn't get to shine in the first run cos she was immature.

Takes a lot more time, but I think it's worth doing!
And I can't wait to get started :)

Haven't check to the grow yesterday, as I wasn't home and didn't get home until after lights out.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I concur

I concur

There are so many variables at play that one run is not enough to judge. I try to do 30 of whatever I am interested in and pick the best 6-10 focusing on plant structure, frost and smell. Run those and narrow it down. Then run those and evaluate again. The media and method probably play a big role in which wins. We live in a good time where we can click a few buttons and access a bunch of great genetics and have the chance to find a mom that produces the best product we have seen. Cheers to a frosty future.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
@Itsmychoice I agree on the genetics, are easy to come by now, then before the net. On the other side, I think some of the seed prices are a little high.
I might have mentioned it before, but from the looks of what I see for sale many places. It's mainly fem's, or crosses of old breeders work.

Anyway back to the garden, time for a little update.

Yesterday the pH had dropped to 5.47, so I topped the res up with tap water (about 30 L). Raising the pH and lowering the Ec, to 6.24 pH and 1.0 Ec.

To night 24 hours later

6.23 pH
1.0Ec

They are filling out the space nicely, tho I now worry a little about the RQS Skunk #1. As read it's grows 1-1½ meter tall easy indoors, where was thinking it looks heavy Indica dom.
Figured about an extra 2/3 taller from flip, but we'll see how it turns out. I can raise the light pretty high up, so i'll try not to worry about it, untill I run into trouble.

Budding it slowly starting, they are starting to make fatter calyxes, throw out hairs and starting to smell a little.
It might be far from my best growing, but so far im pretty satisfied with the current results. Given the bumpy start, it now looks like things are more on track.
Another 5 days and I'll change the res, and start feeding them 2 part micro and 3 part bloom + epsom.

The clones are doing ..... Im not sure, they are looking green and fresh. Almost a little too green, it looks like they are showing new growth.
No roots out the bottom of the cubes, so they might be under too much light.
Placed a single sheet of newspaper over the rubbermaid, to provide some shade. To try and get them to root, not grow with risk of burning out of energy.
On the other side, they don't look like they have started to cannibalize the "lunch pack" leafs.
They have been given 2 light sprays with BioBizz Fish mix, 2 ml to 1 L RO water.

Puff Time!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Forgot to add; I changed the feeding.

15 min watering every 2nd hour during lights on.
15 min watering every 4th hour durng lights out.

The root's are growing out the bottom of the pots, hoping the canopy soon will be thick enough. To block enough light out, and keeping the drain channels so moist, that the root's can crawl down the table.