What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
It's not just American Express, but Google too, everyone just needs to bend over and take it.

Today I received a pop-up add from Wayfair for a very lovely CHICKENCOOP (good price too!), not that I had ever done a search for chickens or housing or anything related.....

........ except for responding in this thread to St. Phatty's pets!

Looks like the spies are everywhere, even in this simple thread, searching for the buck - your buck! :tiphat:

edit to add: Here's the post from 5/20 that alerted them:
You know you live in the country if...... it's mating season, fighting roosters, dead opossums on the side of the road, turtle crossings, etc.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
goog has flat out cancelled me. removed my account because I created it and responded to a video of me that was posted over a decade ago. They removed all the positive comments on that video, which I didn't even post. My guess is they have a social credit score on everybody, and they don't think I am a conformist.

Fuck google. hear that schmitt, and fuck you too.

St. Phatty

It's not just American Express, but Google too, everyone just needs to bend over and take it.

Today I received a pop-up add from Wayfair for a very lovely CHICKENCOOP (good price too!), not that I had ever done a search for chickens or housing or anything related.....

........ except for responding in this thread to St. Phatty's pets!

I'm honored ! :)

Yesterday I was trying to clean the garage and 4 birds escaped.

2 of them are older and let me approach & grab them.

1 I trapped, sort of, in a pen area with 6 foot walls. Then hen he was with flew over the wall after an hour.

The rooster spent the whole day inside the coop. Then at sunset flew about 20 feet up in a tree.

I concede, they won the garage.

I alternate between crawling on the floor, picking up crap on the floor and putting it in a box.

The dust is pretty epic. I only stay in there a few minutes at a time.

I use a flashlight so I can do a dust check. Yes there's dust in the air.

maybe I should light a lighter and see what happens :)

trying to save my lungs for the good stuff. Just washed my hands so I can load a bowl of Chem cross (mostly with Apollo 11.)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
goog has flat out cancelled me. removed my account because I created it and responded to a video of me that was posted over a decade ago. They removed all the positive comments on that video, which I didn't even post. My guess is they have a social credit score on everybody, and they don't think I am a conformist.

Fuck google. hear that schmitt, and fuck you too.

What's that you say, Google doesn't think you're a conformist??? :D :whistling:

I'm sure Google still loves ya, test my theory out, post something here using the words 'chickens, rooster and chicken coop', then go to Wayfair and do a search for 'computer desks', wait 10 days and see if you too get the add from Wayfair for the chicken coop! :yes:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... agreed, but wait, you just posted 'chicken', so go to wayfair now and post 'computer'.

Google already knows everything about you anyhow, trust me! :tongue:

St. Phatty

What's that you say, Google doesn't think you're a conformist??? :D :whistling:

I'm sure Google still loves ya, test my theory out, post something here using the words 'chickens, rooster and chicken coop', then go to Wayfair and do a search for 'computer desks', wait 10 days and see if you too get the add from Wayfair for the chicken coop! :yes:

I tried it but they asked for my email address.

I would think Google would shove chicken coop ads, pet medications, etc. in my face.

I cleared more stuff out of the garage. There is a layer of about 1/2 inch of ? everywhere.

I wonder how much of that is dust from bird preening (for 6 months), and how much is powdered poop. Once I extract the steel tools etc. that might actually go into the "fertilizer" category and I will use it in compost tea.

Just up-planted a Romberry regen into a 30 gallon container.

She did not fill her 6 gallon pot with roots. She is having root problems.

I used a mix of mainly earthworm castings, mixed with G&B soil 3 cubic foot stuff, with a little bit of dirt from the hillside.

Maybe the worms will help fix the roots. I know that's one of the things they do, eat the rotting part of the roots.

I don't want that plant to be a lame side-show. I was hoping she'd re-flower, it was so good the first time but there wasn't much of it.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got myself a new pet (from the store) $29 Painted Slider
Click image for larger version  Name:	C5D1C96E-69B3-4E0D-85C9-C15305F0DED5.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	17868154

St. Phatty

is this a Country problem ?
Maybe.
I have a friend that I've known for about 35 years.
I was his office-mate the day he rented a limo to propose to his college sweetheart.
He is an aspiring entrepreneur. I helped him move his car parts when that was his interest.
He also Hoards.
I Hoard even more.
His first wife did not support his business, and was FREAKED about the hoarding.
As for the reasons for the divorce, you could probably imagine that part ...
irreconcile-able differences related to Hoarding.

NOW, in 2021, he wants me to meet his NEW fiancee, subject to one constraint ...
I can't talk about hoarding, or ANYTHING related to it.

And, she's an Active Christian ... which means we probably should avoid any subject related to World Affairs.

So the friend wants to go Canoeing, with his Fiancee, on his next trip my way.

His main concern ... that I not remind his wife about his Hoarding situation & the small business that it's related to.

I think I'm going to have to tell him,
I sense a socially tense situation coming up.

OK, now I'm going back to cleaning up the driveway where all the grow soil bags
(that I was hoarding because it is a very high quality plastic)
got blown into and grown over by the blackberry.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210530_082947=.jpg Views:	8 Size:	112.5 KB ID:	17868601

On the left, a Romberry cross (lots of Apollo 11 great grandparents) with the 2020 pollen mix.

On the right, a Romberry cross Re-gen. Hope she roots. I wonder if I'll end up pulling her out and putting her in a smaller pot, and giving the big pot to another plant.

This is the first year that my earthworm castings worked out. Got a few gallons for each plant. Earthworms were fed Old Cannabis, banana peels etc., and coffee grounds.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran

You hoard stuff because you can find a place to store it, and you know that if you put it out for the trash, you'll need it a week later...
And that means wasted time for a trip to town, and money spent on something you already had...
Scraps of lumber, old pieces of steel, any and all hardware and even old grow soil bags....

People who live in the country who hoard stuff are normal..

It's the ones in the city who hoard stuff who have mental issues!:D

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
........ but what about alla the hoarders who lived in the city and brought alla the stuff with 'em when they moved to the country??? :tongue::eek:: :whistling:

St. Phatty

........ but what about alla the hoarders who lived in the city and brought alla the stuff with 'em when they moved to the country??? :tongue::eek:: :whistling:

They get old and then it's harder to move the stuff.

Then they have an estate sale where they're selling 1000+ Great Value bread bags. Just the bags.

Then someone new buys it and it becomes part of their Hoard.

Then they get old and have an estate sale.

The Great Value bread bags are passed from Generation to Generation.

Or maybe from Generation to Voyager ?

igrowone

Veteran
They get old and then it's harder to move the stuff.

Then they have an estate sale where they're selling 1000+ Great Value bread bags. Just the bags.

Then someone new buys it and it becomes part of their Hoard.

Then they get old and have an estate sale.

The Great Value bread bags are passed from Generation to Generation.

Or maybe from Generation to Voyager ?

for any watchers of the old Storage Wars episodes
they had a locker of just that, storage type boxes filled with walmart/dollar store plastic bags
locker was filled with 'em, a classic episode for sure

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

You hoard stuff because you can find a place to store it, and you know that if you put it out for the trash, you'll need it a week later...
And that means wasted time for a trip to town, and money spent on something you already had...
Scraps of lumber, old pieces of steel, any and all hardware and even old grow soil bags....

People who live in the country who hoard stuff are normal..

It's the ones in the city who hoard stuff who have mental issues!:D

This is the truth. When I have something I want to toss, I look over it and see what could come in handy for a future need. In many cases, I WILL need it soon thereafter if I do toss the item.

A man will fill up his storage space. Get more space, and that too will be filled. My place could use a few dumpsters so I can have usable buildings.

St. Phatty

This morning the Pile of Crap in the driveway got even bigger.

But at least I found my Rootone !

Been doing clones without and I needed some Rootone.

The building air would not stop. So I had to clear all the crap in front of it, to throw the breaker.

Otherwise it would be 100 outside and it would have kept on going.

Back to the Desert Sun Tatooine.

and fire watching.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/redding/96001/hourly-weather-forecast/327134

Redding CA ... 105+ degrees F ... wind @ 14/20 miles per hour.

Sort of like watching nature turn on a furnace. At this point, they just need for the sparks to connect with the fuel.

Which turns out to be a wierd social-statistical thing.

If I was county or city management in this Ca cities, I'd be setting up tent cities and sending workers out into the countryside to give the homeless folks financial incentives to re-locate for 5 months.

It's wierd to watch, because you know people are driving around dragging chains, with old catalytic converters that spit out pieces of hot metal, etc.

So nice to forget about all that by transplanting a Cannabis plant. :)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:tiphat: True confession: I've been here 6 yrs. and still have unpacked boxes filling my sunporch and living room and my grow room looks just like St. Phatty's garage after lil Mr. Sneaky knocked over every pile that had been organized, and that was before he trashed the baby plants! :tongue:

....... funny but he always waits until he knows I'm outa the house to pull that crap!

St. Phatty

:tiphat: True confession: I've been here 6 yrs. and still have unpacked boxes filling my sunporch and living room and my grow room looks just like St. Phatty's garage after lil Mr. Sneaky knocked over every pile that had been organized, and that was before he trashed the baby plants! :tongue:

....... funny but he always waits until he knows I'm outa the house to pull that crap!

is Mr. Sneaky a Cat ?

Maybe it's just because it's the folder on top, but my Cat, Char Char Bird, homes right in on the most important folder in the pile.

Maybe it's just the smell of our sweat when we work on stuff.

I find that animals are Generally interested in human stuff.

That is true for the birds. They love a surplus electronics store environment, which is basically a description of my living Room. it's a Pre-Steampunk look.

Although some of it is Pure Steam Punk.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Mr. Sneaky is a small spoiled frou frou dog (you know how they can be) and the problem is jealousy. He is resentful of anything I pay a lot of attention to, like my keyboard and mouse, plants, other dogs.

He's the alpha male and he knows it! Doesn't mean I don't love him to death, he's my all time favorite bad boy! :yeahthats :fsu: