What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Iced Grapefruit @ 52 days

RonSmooth

Veteran
One of 2 Iced Grapefruits (female seed co) @ 7.5 weeks 12/12.

picture.php

RonSmooth

Veteran
Thanks.

I like the one in the picture more than the other based on looks and potential yield. The other pheno looks much different. The buds have rounded, blunt tops and it has more leaves, the buds are not as long but it has more visible trichomes and nice purple coloring.

The smells are hard to describe. #1 has a hint of fruit and #2 is a little more chemmy.

In veg, the one in the pic had thinner, lighter green leaves while the other was bushy and had wide, dark green leaves.

Here is a pic of the other pheno:

picture.php

RonSmooth

Veteran
The second one with the round tops looks like its going to be superior in terms of potency, smell & hopefully taste.

It smells like a sweet & spicy grapefruit/orange. Has big fat calyxes with dense trichomes. The first one smells nice and reminds me of C99. It looks like it will yield more and have bigger colas but I'm really starting to like #2.

I had cuts of both but I tossed them to make room for some sour kush I got.

Planning on letting both go at least 10 weeks though #2 looks like it might finish sooner.

Here are a couple more pics of #2.

picture.php

dealing with radiant heat/low humidity/late flowering stage leaf margin rolling. Not pretty but it doesnt seem to affect the plant.

picture.php

m0ff99

Hats off dude, how much wattage you got those under? And do we possibly get a pic with something we can measure it against for a sense of size? In any case it looks like some 'killer' meds.

RonSmooth

Veteran
Hats off dude, how much wattage you got those under? And do we possibly get a pic with something we can measure it against for a sense of size? In any case it looks like some 'killer' meds.

They are under a 600w HPS. Also have a Dinachem and an Applejack that I got as a freebie in the room in a 3'x3' tray.

I train them to grow short with multiple tops The largest buds on #1 are about the size of an 8oz red bull can, maybe a bit fatter.

Ill take pics of the entire plants at harvest which should be in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the compliments.

RonSmooth

Veteran
Harvest Pics

Harvest Pics

I took one down at 9 weeks and the other at about 9.5. I was set on letting them go for at least 10 but I needed to make room and they looked like they had stopped ripening for the most part.

The first plant in the thread is one of the best I have ever grown. It yielded about 5 oz dry of quality buds. Dense buds, easy to trim w/high calyx to leaf ratio, potent grapefruit/banana smell, covered in trichs and a nice heady high. Potent but not devastating. Thats one hit from a small water pipe.

Looking forward to testing after a month or so. Definitely keeping a zip or two for the private reserve.

Second pheno was much different in terms of appearance. More leafy, slightly lower yield at around 4 oz with more immature buds for the has pile. The overall color is darker then #1 with hints of purples. Good trich coverage and potent but less heady.

I dry trim and trimmed and jarred pheno #2 a day early and have been trying to get the humidity in the jars to stabilize. It was reading in the 70-80% range when I first jarred it. Too high for my tastes, and it affected the smell. Had to monitor the jars and "burp" a lot to gat them to dry out more. Because of this, the smells havent really developed fully yet.

I wish I saved the cut of #1. I wasnt expecting it to be as good as it turned out. IMO it came out more like I expected C99 to come out. It is like C99 on steroids. The appearance and structure were very similar but the IG pheno had bigger, denser buds and a smell that while similar, was much more pronounced with the IG.

Here are some harvest pics of #1. She was grown in a 2 gallon square pot with coco and fed Maxibloom until a few weeks from harvest when the EC was cut until she got water for a week or so.

picture.php
picture.php