What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gonzo #1 - 2 phenos from original seeds - near the Chop

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Original Rez seeds. 8 years old. Had 3 All were female. One an extreme runt.

The other two pictured - a few days before harvest. Organically grown in good soil in Mendo Coastal Climate. Greenhouse.

Smell - Root Beer.
Pheno #2 is sweeter and stickier.
A Winner

Last edited:
Nice, root beer smell huh? I was reading a thread earlier and someone found a root beer smelling pheno in some of Mosca's C99 F1's and it makes me wonder what the cross would yield :D

I recently received a pack of the gonzo#1 as a freebie i knew nothing of the strain until further research. I feel very lucky to have gotten them. I haven't heard much about it recently and would love to bring it back and keep it around. Scored a pack of 5 just hope they are still viable since it has been off the market for quite awhile. Those buds look great stasis! Very cool to see legendary genetics still floating around.

DRorganic

Veteran
I have a pack of Rez gonzo#1. Just need to pop them if they are still good.i think ther 4-5 years old. What's the high like?

stasis

Veteran
It really did not turn out to be among the stars of the greenhouse. A light buzz, but a beautiful plant, nonetheless.

stasis

Veteran
Yeah I think Basic 5 is in there. Not sure if that was NL. I don't think so or I would have remembered that.

Braindead#1

Omae wa mo shindeiru
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn HYF looks yummy, the smoke was good or average?
Interesting strain, any keepers?

Peace. bd#1

DRorganic

Veteran
I just looked at the pack I have in the freezer and Gonzo#1 F1 is written on the pack. On the other pack it's written chem Bx1 F1 .my next run I will pop these just for kicks . Can any one tell me what pheno should I be looking for? Any one who has smoked this strain chime in and
Tell us what was the high like and how is she to grow.
Thanks ,DrO

stasis

Veteran
It did not have a big punch. Tried the clones too. Tasted mildly like Root Beer, I liked that part. 2 phenos, nice looking plant but not keepers.

DRorganic

Veteran
Stasis would you use it in crosses to beef up yields.why I ask is I was looking at old post's
And it some how related to m39 that has massive yield .its up there with HOG,chronic,ak47 exact...?

stasis

Veteran
From what I saw, no.. But, it was a beautiful and unique plant. Both phenos were similar. Not elite quality in the two phenotypes that I found. But, ya never know what's in a Polyhybrid, such as Gonzo #1, I suppose. So, there may be something classic in there worth preserving.