What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w HPS users....

Sauce

250w hps here. 1st grow. It's in a cool tube inside my C25 cab. I use DWC. 3 plants in there atm.

These pics are at 6.5 weeks into flower. I should be chopping this weekend (8wks) and hoping for 2+ oz :D

Next grow is just going to be 2 buckets (2 plants) with each one tied down extensively with fishing line. Cool tube will go vert down the middle and I'll rotate buckets 1/4 each day. Female WW x BB in the mail :D

G

So it seems now that a 250 and sog is the perfect way to grow a personal stash! :chin:

groer

1 week flowering.

6104318.jpg

Underground Man

I have written a description of my 250 watt dished-scrog cabinet in my profile for your reading pleasure. I wish I could share pics but I don't have a camera yet.

Creeptic

latest pic from my grow

latest pic from my grow

day 22 flowering

some questions for all your SCROGers... im going to scrog my next grow, just unsure about the entire process... correct me if im wrong here, or add on as you see fit

you place a screen above the plant and basically just let the grow shoots get through the screen? is that correct? do you have to actually "force" them through the screen? do you have to "force" fan leaves below the screen?

how old should the plants be before you start scrogging? how high up should the screen be? do you train the plants at all before using the screen?

any tips you guys can provide are welcome... after seeing the results in this thread and being half way done with my first grow... i now have a better understanding of growing, so i think im ready to scrog for my next grow... im going to experiment/practice scrog on these swazi skunk freebies i have germing right now and then comes the real deal... sour diesel ibl

sorry for all the questions guys, but id rather be 100% confident before i go ahead and screw up a grow with the $150 sour diesel beans

msdtds

looking good everyone

Creeptic said:
you place a screen above the plant and basically just let the grow shoots get through the screen? is that correct? do you have to actually "force" them through the screen? do you have to "force" fan leaves below the screen?
You put the screen above the plants, and as the plants reach the screen you bend them under. Essentially making the top of the plant grow horizontally. Every time the tips go above the screen, you bend them under it. This allows the bottom shoots to catch up. i trim off all fan leaves that block bud sites that have reached the screen.

Creeptic said:
how old should the plants be before you start scrogging? how high up should the screen be? do you train the plants at all before using the screen?
Height is more important than age. People usually use clones, but i’ve used seeds with no problem, you just have to sex them before training them under the screen. My screen is 10” above the top of my pots, and that seems to work well. 8”-12” is normal. If you want to train them before hand, that’s fine. Depends more on how many plants you are using in a given space. Training will help you fill the screen faster, but that can lead to overgrown screens too. i usually just top mine. i think scrogin is a lot of fun, but it requires a little more attention to your plants (which is actually the reason i like it :)). Personally, aside from the basic principles, I learned most about scroging by just doing it.

EDIT: just ran across this link, http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=24013 which links to a bunch of scrogs. you can see what other people do too. it seems like every scrogger does something a little different, so you should check out what other people are doing too.

Last edited:

Creeptic

thanks, yeah i think scrog will be perfect for me because i check on my plants about 4000 times a day, so training them under the screen will be more productive then me just having conversations and gazing at the plants with a high stare :joint:

thanks for the advice and that link... i really only plan on growing 1 plant next grow with a scrog... 2 plants at most but i think i can fill my space (about 5 square feet) with one plant that is trained well... my next grow is already in progress... i have some 1 week old freebie swazi skunks growing under flouros in another closet... so ill probably just sex those in a few weeks... keep 1 good female mother take a few clones... and then put one or two in under the hps for scrogging and go from there

by the time the freebies go into the flowering room, my sour diesel ibl seeds should be here and i should have a better understanding of scrogging for the high quality beans... id rather screw up a scrog with the free seeds then the ones that cost $150 :canabis:

thanks again for the tips

gOurd^jr.

Two plants here trained with LST for around 20 tops each, these had to share space with a couple of Vietnamese ladies and I also underfed them alot, still got about an OZ each though plus some f2's. Rez seeds Sour Mist.
keepitgreen
gOurd

G

heres my current 250 wt scrog. the screen in 30 in X 24 in.and this is just one main plant and a lil small plant on the side.

Definitive

2L Pop Bottle SOG

2L Pop Bottle SOG

Since I am unable to start a new thread I'm goign to post this in here..

A user on overgrow did a large grow log of a 2L pop bottle SOG, If I recall correctly the average yield from each plant was about 7-10 grams each.

So the scenario would be a 2.5'x2.5'x3' box, a single 250W HPS. This would fit approximately 36 Bottles. Therefore your total yeild would be about 250 Grams, over 1/2 Pound. So say you use a 3 month strain, clone straight to flower. Using two boxes you could produce a full pound in 3 months.

Since overgrow was shut down I never got a chance to read the entire thread.

Has anyone looked into this further or done it themselves?

mrjim5000

Nirvana NLxShiva 250w - Harvest time

Nirvana NLxShiva 250w - Harvest time

Just harvesting my first grow!!! I have harvested the main cola of plant 1, and all of plant 2. I'm leaving the other buds on plant one a while to get a variety of highs from the grow...

Here's what's drying now!!!

Eddo

lookin good creeptic! im hopefully getting my 250 watter in the next few weeks, the grows on this thread have inspired me :D

msdtds

mrjim5000 - 1st harvest whoohoo! :woohoo: hows the smoke?
Creeptic - you sure this is your first grow? they look very healthy, keep it up!

HeresTheDank

Im gathering up info for my first grow and think im going with a 250 watt hps and scrog for sure. im trying to build a stealth dresser for in my closet and want to grow 2 or 3 plants in it, if the dresser is about 2.5 wide and 2.5 deep, with about 4 feet of height inside can this be achieved? i want a good yield, so would going with 2 plants and training + scrogging goin to give good results?

Creeptic

HeresTheDank said:
Im gathering up info for my first grow and think im going with a 250 watt hps and scrog for sure. im trying to build a stealth dresser for in my closet and want to grow 2 or 3 plants in it, if the dresser is about 2.5 wide and 2.5 deep, with about 4 feet of height inside can this be achieved? i want a good yield, so would going with 2 plants and training + scrogging goin to give good results?

i have 3 plants in a space thats a little smaller... and about a foot taller... its a little cramped but the plants seem to be doing ok...

im going to scrog next grow and i really think 2 plants is the max ill be able to fit in effectivly with a scrog... but we will see i guess...

ps.

next grow is going to be one of these (got my seeds from the mail today!!)
... gonna germ them tonight and get them in my veg area asap...

pps. yeah its my first grow, im pretty shocked that they survived a week under my care... ive killed a billion normal household plants in my lifetime... but then again, i never cared about them as much as i do my babies

:joint:

HeresTheDank

do you have any pics of the set up and how the plants n lights fit? whats your max height the plants can stretch in it? without gettin too close to light