What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w HPS users....

Grenouille

here are my plants from a few weeks back.

there are two left now (after sexing), LSTing the small one, and scrogging the slightly larger.

Kush x Afghan, and Sensi's Sk#1

Last edited:
G

150W HPS

150W HPS

May I join this thread with 150 W HPS?
...this was my first grow, ICE from Nirvana..

Last edited:

Underground Man

Lady Tokin, I am intrigued. Please enlighten us about your methods. What exactly do you mean by vert scrog?

I have a scrog screen dished around my 250 in a half-circle (12 inches in radius). I am a first timer and I under-vegged and over-trained so I won't get a great yeild, but I am hoping for 3-4 oz.

SackausAmerika

Heres a pic of my C-13 grow using a 250w HPS. I pulled 5oz from this grow. I had 12 plants grown sog style. For me this has been the most productive. Right now I have 16 White Rhino in Foxfarm Soil @ 20 days 12/12. Im shooting for 6-7oz :p I'll try and add a pic of the new grow.

Creeptic

wow.... im really glad i started this thread

giving me tons of ideas and inspiration for my next grow

although i am kind of glad i decided to keep my first grow relativly simple, just to really learn how the plants grow "naturally"

keep em coming!

G

wow i expect a gram a watt from this current scrog under a 250wt with a 270 hps bulb... she is in a 18 gallon rubbermaid cont. the cab is 30inchesDX30inchesWx36inches tall.
for a total of 200+grams dry to this one plant...

Creeptic

ok after seeing these results from a 250 i am convinced... scrog on the next grow

only problem is i only have seeds... so i guess ill have to plant a couple sex them and then find a good mother and get to cloning

time to research scrogs now! :wave:

B

bcell

Sackaus

Not familiar with C-13. Is it cross? Looking real nice. I also love the Foxfarm soil - Ocean Forest? You cannot go wrong with the stuff.

mr.propper said:
Nice to see that im not alone with 250w hps.
Normaly i keep 1-3 plant and use scrog (i think that 250w is made for scrog)
normaly vegged 2-3 weeks.
dont have too much space for growing only 90x60x180cm closet.
setup is homemade hydro 250w hps with cooltube and couple computer fan.

some pics of my grows.
Very impressive!
How much did you yield from this? I'm planning a grow box along similar lines utilising cargo net to spread the plants.

G

Monster 250 buds; I grow with 'em too; I can only hope for those kind of results! Mine aren't lookin' too bad, though!

Last edited:

mrjim5000

Joining the 250 club!!

Joining the 250 club!!

here is my garden, 2 NL x Shiva ladies. Not trained at all at the moment as its my first grow....

mr.propper

Thanks guys.

Malkop.. yeild wasnt best but still nice (+-200g) main reason that it didnt yeild more than that was it did grow from seed. did vegged with 3 other plants and all them was males. still nice yeilder

bcell.. taste was smooth and high is nicly balanced did give some of my friends panic reactions.. but that happens sometimes any way :yoinks:

m.steelers.. i did use some time home made cooltube (long spaghet jarr just remove the bottom of it) it did wor but glass is wery thick. now using cooltube. dont think that they make cooltubes for 250w just 400-600 and 600-1000w. byed one is lots better than home made.

i did loose some nice pics on that mystic grow on oc where was step by step scrog from seed. just need grow again from seeds and take new pics.

heres on more harvest pic on free grow under 250w did have 2 plant but only one did get on pic.

and 2 B52 plant what was from seed

and last couple nugs of black domina

I will definitely keep my eye on this thread. There is so meny good grows going on..
keep it green
:canabis:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
way to grow 250 watters. I've always thought of upgrading my 250W, but these threads always give me the inspiration to continue with how I do it. Proove them wrong. Keep showing'em what the 250W is capable of.

Grow On Eh!

B

bcell

I use a cheap Home Depot 4" duct inline fan, 80 CFM for $25. It is OK - a little weak but I never had any issues. The Grotek 4" is nice but it is around $145.

Creeptic

just thought id share this with my fellow 250 watters

my first grow of 4 white widows is in progress... im on day 6 of 12/12

and..................

white hairs on 3 of em!! :woohoo: :yoinks: :woohoo:

still waiting on the last one to show... im guessing its a male because its HUGE compared to the other plants... its 27 inches tall right now... and the next closest one height wise is 20 inches... my smallest is 13 inches (but SHE is bushy)... have to use stacks of books under the plants just to keep the canopy even...i will be looking into scrog for my next grow... seems that is the way to go with the 250w

im sorry for my over excitement ... but i honestly was expecting to kill my plants in the first week because ive killed every houseplant ive ever had... not exactly a green thumb

im actually hoping that the last one is male so i can make some room... it is CRAMPED in the closet right now

anyway... i had to tell SOMEONE... then i remembered the first rule of Grow Club is to not talk about Grow Club

:headbange

G

highonthechroni said:
very very nice! :D

what is the most common ventilation used to cool a 250watt HPS?

I run two 250's in a space about 6x12x6. In the main room I have one 250 in the open that I use for veg. I've also built an enclosed 2'x2.5' closet that I use for flowering.

In the main rooom, I run a single 4" duct booster 24 hours a day to pull in fresh air from the outside. Then I have two 4" in-line exhaust fans (one Elicent, one Fantech). Each of them is on a thermostat, thermostat temps are staggered so they kick on in sequence as temps increase. I also have a second 4" duct booster intake paired with one of the 4" inline exhaust fans.

The flower booth runs on two 4" duct boosters, an intake at the bottom and an exhaust at the top.

I also run a portable evaporative cooler controlled by a Plug 'N Gro digital humidity controller. It humidifies and cools.

It all works good; the evap cooler just sucks a lot of water during warm months, but it has a 6 gallon reservior, so it doesn't take too much attention.

Heat control is one of the main reasons I went with the 250s, I tried 400s, but it was just too much heat load for my space.

The key answer to your question is that I'm running a 250 in a tightly enclosed 5' sq. ft area with two duct boosters and it works fine; the key is that it pulls in conditioned air on the intake side.

Last edited: