What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange 45 is coming for your bump stocks

White Beard

JUST IN: The Trump administration is officially banning bump stocks. @LauraAJarrett reports that under a new federal rule, those who possess bump stocks will get 90 days to turn them in from the date that the final rule is published in the federal register.

10:45 AM - Dec 18, 2018

Sorry about lack of link, I don’t know my way around Twitter that well...still, it seems to be real

St. Phatty

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics/bump-stocks-ban/index.html

90 days from Friday.

Turn them in or mere possession makes the owner a felon ?

Slide Fire systems sold their stock to RW Arms.

I was on the mailing list of each, so got the emails.

Looks like RW Arms has taken bump stocks off their website.

I would bet that a medium skilled woodworker could make the equivalent using 1/4 inch Baltic birch & photos of the actual hardware.

It's not complicated.

Oh well, looks like all those Slide Fire & RW Arms customers now own a piece of history, the owning of which might make them Super-Naughty.

Badfishy1

Take them. They are useless as fuck anyhow and won’t have to hear anymore bullshit from the left about gun control. The left can stroke their Twitter dicks and iHigh-5 each other for months to come. Congrats you got the most useless piece of shit ‘tactical’ weapon off the market. Slow clap

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As a democrat who has drastically different ideas of gun control then both the anti gun AND pro gun democrats, I agree with stinkfish...go ahead dummies, pat yourself on the back for a non victory.

Badfishy1

As a democrat who has drastically different ideas of gun control then both the anti gun AND pro gun democrats, I agree with stinkfish...go ahead dummies, pat yourself on the back for a non victory.

Lol subfool. The only thing worse than your political commentary are your football predictions! But it takes all types in this 3 ring circus.

X

xavier7995

well the dim-ocrats are attempting to take more than just the bumpstocks...

They’re Gonna Blitz: Anti-Gun Democrats Plan Hyper-Aggressive Gun Control Agenda; UPDATE: NRA Was Outspent?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...s-going-to-push-hard-for-gun-control-n2535701

So what exactly is it the democrats are going to do? Gun control isnt really a big issue for us outside of nyc and California. The article said dems winning 15 seats from A rated nra people is a threat, but the only legislation referenced in that piece was from a Republican to raise the age to 18 to buy a long gun.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol subfool. The only thing worse than your political commentary are your football predictions! But it takes all types in this 3 ring circus.

I will concede, wholeheartedly, that my football predictions have been bad, real bad, starting after the '16 season.

HOWEVER, I will need a new nickname other than subfool. It's taken. I spent years getting PM's meant for him, and don't want to start again.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So what exactly is it the democrats are going to do? Gun control isnt really a big issue for us outside of nyc and California. The article said dems winning 15 seats from A rated nra people is a threat, but the only legislation referenced in that piece was from a Republican to raise the age to 18 to buy a long gun.

Tbh...it doesn't seem to be that big a deal in California either. Lots of the anti gun sentiment is overblown...as evidenced by the fact there is so little honest, effective control. I think the zealots who were/are calling for a ban of assault stylised rifles have been tamped down by common sense. Personally, I think it's just a flash point rallying cry for both sides.
I believe the right should get ahead of the issue and lead on legislation that will actually help. Laws that actually make sense.. Unfortunately, white baby jesus wrote in the constitution that no good can come of common sense, and whatever version of fake deity the left worships says people kill people because armalites look like ak's. So we stuck. Good thing we trying to eliminate the middle. Would hate for American politicians to Make America Work Again.

Green Squall

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics/bump-stocks-ban/index.html

I would bet that a medium skilled woodworker could make the equivalent using 1/4 inch Baltic birch & photos of the actual hardware.

It's not complicated.

Oh well, looks like all those Slide Fire & RW Arms customers now own a piece of history, the owning of which might make them Super-Naughty.

True. And its not hard to manipulate a high rate of fire with something as simple as a shoestring or an elastic. Lots of examples of this online if you look it up.

St. Phatty

They could always pass the "Bartenders must store a functional loaded but not chambered semi-auto under the bar, next to the Jagermeister" act.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Does that include folding stocks?

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 36