What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 pound Pork Roast - 2 hours @ 350 F ?

St. Phatty

Started it about 2 hours ago.

I don't want it to dry out.

Cookbooks say, 30 to 35 pounds for every hour of roast.

That would mean cooking my 6 pound roast for 3+ hours.

Could compromise @ 2 1/2 hours.

Will probably cut the power & let it sit.

If a piece is too rare, I can always fry it in the frying pan.

Green Squall

The USDA has changed it guidelines and it is totally safe to eat pork with an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Pork roasts are super lean, so be careful not to overcook it.

caliprop215

Veteran
Let it cook long and slow it won't dry out. Cover with aluminum foil. 3 or 4 hours.should fall apart easily be tender n juicy

St. Phatty

Gave it about 2 hours, then let it sit in the oven.

Glad I did it that way. The juices started piling up, and I was just using heavy-duty aluminum foil. If I had let it go the whole time the walls of the foil may have given way.

I had forgotten how good Pork Fat is.

Beginners should probably cook for less time, because beginners are often using improvised cooking vessels (like 2 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil.)

Also the meat is better when it's juicy.

Will start cutting the meat off & if it's too rare, give it some time in the frying pan.

Latest posts

Latest posts