What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your guys' compost tea recipe?

cttgecultivate

I have recently gotten into compost teas and making your own nutrients and I was wondering what you guys like to put in your teas? I just made my first one and it only consisted of the og biowar root and foliar pack, molasses, and Biosis by Athena. What do you guys recommend?

oinkimacow

I use molasses, coconut powder, cytoplus, aloe powder, urb natural, sillica, corn/alfalfa/mungbean/barley seed sprouts, wormcastings or high quality compost. Let it brew/airate in a 5 gallon bucket for 2-3 days. Lots of foaming after 12 hours, sir once a day if possible. It's a great recipie for an all around compost tea.

Fitzera

Ewc, alfalfa, kelp, mineralized phosphate, molasses, bluesky organic booster (molasses with some added stuff, just finishing up a bottle I have), bluesky vit-alive dry compost tea blend (again finishing up what I have kicking around) cant find the Ingredients online or I would put them here. Maybe whenever I get home and look at the packages I'll update this.
Depending on when the tea is being brewed, I may add some voodoo juice and piranha, and alaskan fish fertilizer prior to feeding. I rarely cut it with water, usually brew enough for all the plants.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Keep it simple for a strict compost tea or ACT.

Per gallon
15mL of molasses or carbohydrate source
30mL of compost or microbe source

You can add some other things but keep fertilizers or raw amendments (generally) separate or add to the ACT prior to applying.

lovehaze

Do you guys strain the tea? Use tea bags? reuse anything? all of it get poured into the planters ingredients and all?

MedFaced

It can go either way and there’s pros and cons for both. If my pots are low, no need for the bags as I can just water everything in. If my planter is filled to the top, then I would strain.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in my 5 gallon brewer I use a 16 oz solo cup of locally sourced ewc, 2 scoops of blue planet easy weed (they're really tiny scoops), 3 ml of mammoth P, 2 heaping tablespoons of organic blackstrap molasses, and 2 tablespoons of Dramm fish hydrolysate with kelp.

Brew that for 36-40 hours and take a peak under the microscope to see all sorts of little critters buzzing around, eating things and getting fat.

mexweed

Veteran
mashed up a 1/3 of a small banana for my most recent brew because I suspect I'm riding the line of being light on K, never done it before but have always thought about it, if it works I'll probably start it earlier in flower and put it in place of my plain water feed before flush

banana brew--->flush with honey--->flush with plain water

gardener60

I use 2 cups of my own homemade compost, 1 cup of my own earth worm castings, 1/3 cup of chicken manure pellets, and a 1/3 cup of molasses in a 5 gallon bucket and a air stone for 48 hours.

mexweed

Veteran
bug shit and bananas

picture.php

BillFarthing

Veteran
5 gallon bucket:

50 grams insect frass
5 grams metalosate chelated calcium
1/2 tsp. Leonardite
1/4 tsp epsom salt
1/4 tsp potassium sulfate

It has the nutrient profile of a hydroponic fertilizer.

Latest posts

Latest posts