What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jackass destroyer SCROG 600W COB

unnamedmike

Quite the array.
Killing it, keep up the good work!!!

Thanks Bona Fortuna, nice of you stop by

bloom day 27
They have had K blockage. The homemade seaweed did not sit well with them, I have eliminated them from the diet. I have also started watering until runoff 20%. They love corn SST so much. This has been the last deposit using silicon (aloe vera juice & horsetail OHN)

Destroyer

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The plants do look better after cutting out the seaweed. Less twisted leaves.

How did you process the seaweed? I have always been curious to try and make my own liquid seaweed but was turned away by the idea of trying to get rid of the salt in it.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Looks like things are statring to turn for the better interesting irrigation ya got there..is the a nipple leading into the pump or a small piece of hose?

unnamedmike

The plants do look better after cutting out the seaweed. Less twisted leaves.
How did you process the seaweed? I have always been curious to try and make my own liquid seaweed but was turned away by the idea of trying to get rid of the salt in it.

welcome Infinitelight5D, Do not process the algae ... that was the problem, just fill a 5-gallon bucket halfway up Sargassum, add half a liter of LAB and one kg of sugar + 4 months resting. For the next attempt of diy algae, I will first give them several baths with RO water.

Looks like things are statring to turn for the better interesting irrigation ya got there..is the a nipple leading into the pump or a small piece of hose?

hi tleaf, welcome. i Better post some pictures of the irrigation system, its not automatic irrigation yet, I have temporarily dismantled it, it needs improvements, the pump that I use is bad and old, it does not generate any pressure, and it did not allow me to water in each of the 8 outputs with the same flow

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

Im not happy with the current tent, for nexts Im going to eliminate the organic fertilizer JLF, I think it saturates the coco coir with organic matter and I think it is the cause of some problems. I do not see any benefit over the synthetic fertilizer, and if not using the organic fertilizer, the irrigation system will be kept cleaner.
I will keep using the Bennies, OHN, raw sugar, natural covercrop, etc. It is rare the day that under 30 ° C and I have verified that if the substrate is full of beneficial life everything gonna be ok, otherwise always arrives some opportunistic pathogen, and with these additions I have healthy and white roots over 30 ° c.

picture.php

Another update is that I kill one of the plants, the Hp13s1, with 4 weeks of flowering, still growing mutant flowers, and i feel panic when thinking of nanners.

picture.php

unnamedmike

They stink a lot. it's a slap of strawberry jam / weird incense inside the room. I set my lazy ass in motion. As "I have" a sack of coal, I have directly thrown away the used one instead of reusing it ... but when opening the sack it is of a much lower diameter ... and I have already thrown away the old one ... well done mike ... well done ... :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

35 days

They have not go worse, but the horrible burned points will have to be seen a few more weeks. Currently watering at 700ppm (0.5ec scale), runoff 20%
Of the 3 times that I have put this cut of jack, this is the one that more odor come off.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
They look better.. but i wished to ask how did you burn them with those organics??

Am remember that this kind of burned tips i haved when i growed with synth nutes..
while i sees you growing organics so am fuzzled a bit..

Kind regards

unnamedmike

They look better.. but i wished to ask how did you burn them with those organics??

Am remember that this kind of burned tips i haved when i growed with synth nutes..
while i sees you growing organics so am fuzzled a bit..

Kind regards

Hi Dog Star
tiphat.gif

Everything has been a Series of unfortunate events.

By discretion I do not buy in growshops and I have had to make some diy for the material.

The coco that I used was raw fiber and a little bit of dust, I think I cleaned it well from salts, but I'm not full sure now.

I have also used an algae fertilizer, that if ... without washing of salts (on soil it works great)

I was 3 weeks without ph / ec meters.

Currently I do not use the organic fertilizer (great for soil), it did not seem to get along with the coconut. I use Fatman for Coco at 700ppm, but I still use sugar, mulch, SST, AAT to keep the coco alive and healthy.

I've been looking at your post Dog... great job, serious crosses dude

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
Thanx man,dont wish to criticize you,just i could not belive that with organics
you could do so hard leaf burn or atleast i never see one..

yes,salt is like cryptonite for plants,this could affect them hard..

Am love pure soil mixes,whithouth aerators of any kind.. just black soil and wormcatings,
and some organic and mineral amendments.. it works good..

All the best

unnamedmike

For a while I have not dared to buy seeds, here they are a drug precursor without germinating ... but tired of smoking what little I have again and again, buy seedsman some spacemokey and some northern light. Already growing, is amazing aroma, are next to nl, gelato og, destroyer and jackass, but only smells them, tangerines, cough syrup, spicy ... delicious smell

picture.php

picture.php

Nirvana NL

picture.php

Mutant Space monkey

picture.php

Destroyer reveg, taked from 3 weeks flowering plants, this girl gonna mate with some space monkey males soon.

picture.php

unnamedmike

Thanx man,dont wish to criticize you,just i could not belive that with organics
you could do so hard leaf burn or atleast i never see one..

yes,salt is like cryptonite for plants,this could affect them hard..

Am love pure soil mixes,whithouth aerators of any kind.. just black soil and wormcatings,
and some organic and mineral amendments.. it works good..

All the best

Do not worry, critics are welcome too,:tiphat: they are good to learn.
I also love pure organics soils, they are easy crops and a delight the result. I wanted to test coco this time for production, I am far from having a collection of mothers like I was a few years ago, and I always spend a few weeks without medicine before harvesting. Also change because I live surrounded by jungle in an eternal summer, there are many pest and organic in the interior has given me some problem. Surely return to organic when the cultivation room is finished.

unnamedmike

I know that I have not finished the bloom zone and I have not started the growing zone... but I could not resist and I bought 5gr of silver nitrate and 25g of sodium thiosulfate.

I'm going to try to get pollen from my Destroyer cut, it's my day time medicine and I want to do some s1, maybe some be better than the original cut, at the moment I can not afford 3 destroyer packages to look for a better keeper, the one I have It came out of a pack of 10 regulars.
From what I read destroyer is quite stable, not a f1, is this true, the s1 should not show too many phenotypes or am I wrong?
Years ago I made some crosses for feminized but only one s1, the other crossings with other elite bcut of the moment, I did s1 with a f1 and I found some very different phenotypes to the original cutting, some delicious.

Going back to the grow diary ... I have not smoke some good for months, and my wife's family arrives at the end of the year ... doing the math, on the 25th, 8 weeks ago, in 5 days I will start to flush the one that seems is more advanced to cut at Christmas, uncured, but I smoke 31 december.

The other 3 jackass are going to be ready at 9 or 10 weeks, the destroyers do not think less than 12 ... Tomorrow all they do 42 days, I will lower light from 11 / 13 to 10: 45/13/15 Destroyer responds awesome to being slowly lowered by the photoperiod.

old picture, circa 2006

picture.php

unnamedmike

day 42 part 2/2

destroyer (sorry for off focus & low quality desstroyer pics, they are beind jack buds)

picture.php

picture.php

group
picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
How you like COBs?? Did you made alone this fixture or this are from some company??

Am learning now to use CMH... tough a Gavita 1000 DE is still favorite,plants grow
so fast its incredible to sees..

unnamedmike

How you like COBs?? Did you made alone this fixture or this are from some company??

Am learning now to use CMH... tough a Gavita 1000 DE is still favorite,plants grow
so fast its incredible to sees..

I have read wonders of the CMH, every comment I read is better than the previous one.

My lamp is diy, first time bought 4 Cxb3590 50w and driver meanwell, after some monts bought 4 more Cxb3590 newer and better model than first model, I think about 70w and driver meanwell and about 6 months later I bought 3 cxb3590 more, max 100w I think, more efficience.
In general very happy with this lamp, probe HPS 600 2 years ago and a horrible experience, especially with the heat, with these drivers + led running at 60% or so, hardly varies the temperature in the room outside. If I can, for the next attempt, I will expand the structure and I will add some quantum boards to illuminate the entire scrog net And make possible run the COB at lower current for efficience.

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Day 50

Destroyer

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now all they are at 10/14 (4 days) and im flusing since yesterday. Destroyer really dont like nutrients, now watering at 180ppm, normal feed for destroyer anf flush for jackass. Im gonna chop off one jackass in 6 days, the other 3 in 13.

Latest posts

Latest posts