What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sad News

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Very sad news.
Neuroscience Ireland
@NeuroscienceIRL

We are deeply saddened to hear of the death of Dr William Devane in Galway. Will made an extraordinary contribution to #cannabis research - he discovered the CB1 receptor as a PhD student and #anandamide as a post-doc. Theres a lovely video of him here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-9FP-xes1E

He was a friend I met some 25 years ago, and someone that helped Cannabis be recognized as a medicine, it was the CB1 receptor and Anadamide, which he named, that helped change the Cannabis world.
-SamS

superx

Veteran
RIP. I had no idea of his work. What a great legacy to leave behind. He was very close to me in location but had I had no idea of his contribution to medicinal cannabis history. I will look into his work. So sad that in Galway and surrounding areas Guards still kicking in peoples doors, medicinal cannabis is not available and know of people with parkinsons and severe injuries being hauled up to court and treated like shit by judges year in year out. People being given criminal records for point of a gram. Easy targets for law enforcement, and this man in the locality doing such pioneering work. RIP, what a lived life, to benefit so many.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Read his notes from researchgate.net and was enlightened.

Such a great body of work.

Sorry for the passing of your friend, an empty seat at the pub
does little to lessen the loss.

DTOM420

RIP

Thank you Sam_Skunkman, for bringing this to my attention. What a great man who did some amazing work. Sorry for you loss. ^^Prayers^^