What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good Chem Hunting | 30x Deadhead OG F2 | ----Private Breeding Project----

King Rat

Welcome to my homemade cross project.

We will select the best female out of 30 regular seeds of Deadhead OG F2
Lets see whats in CC's genetic and whats coming out of these F2's
I'am expecting a range of different phenotypes and hopefully find something that resembles the original chem.
Thats the point where i need some help of you guys cuz i neither had my hand on the original chem clone nor did i smoke it.

I'm sure i'll find a keeper in those beans. (and no hermies lol)

Just a little background story:
I've stopped growing for about 4 years roughly by now.
Lost every motherplant i had and have to completely start from zero.
It hurts because i had the original Amnesia Core Cut and the original cut of Sweet Pink Grapefruit
The good thing is - now there is room for something new

In the middle of 2013 i've crossed a male Deadhead OG to my favorite females and i got a handful of seeds out of them.
The made crosses are:
Deadhead OG F2
Deadhead OG x Amnesia Core Cut
Deadhead OG x Space Queen (possibly original BCGA)
Deadhead OG x Tora Bora

LETS GET IT STARTED!

The female part of Deadhead OG used in the F2 cross is this beauty:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

3 days ago i've started to germinate 30x Deadhead F2
and just cuz my wifey wanted: 5x Deadhead x Space Queen (I'll refer them as Dead Space later)
but i'll focus on the F2's

100% germination rate! which is great for seeds that are rougly 5 years old
(the whole time they were stored in the fridge in a lightsealed jar filled with dry rice)

picture.php

Germination Technique used:
12h soaking in a cup of RO water with 1 drop B-52 (Advanced Nutrients)
After soaking i put them in paper towels on plates covered by a plate and wax paper
I've used the same water for wetting the paper towels in which they were soaked.
After additional 12h i filled a cup with RO water and 4 drops of hydrogen peroxide in it and sprinkled a little bit on the top of the paper towels. It has 3 benefits, you rewet the towels and at the same time you deliver oxygen and a sterile condition just before sprouting.

Now they're all potted in 3x3inch pots.
Ready to go!

picture.php

I am so excited to see whats in there.
Maybe some of you too! Have fun reading my report.
Everyone is welcome!

King Rat

Update Day 10/11 in veg since popping through the soil

Heyyyyyyy @ MJPassion and Bmac1 welcome nice to see you guys tuned in

The seeds took about 2 days since opening that thread until the first one came through the soil.
Most of them had their seed shells on their heads and needed to be carefully removed by hand.

From 30 Deadhead F2 seeds planted 6 weren't strong enough to even make it through the soil.
I'm sure I placed them a little too deep and too packed into the soil.
7 seedlings were showing very very weak growth and/or mutated development, these have been taken out too 5 days later.

At that Point I popped 24 more seeds of Deadhead F2 and just picked the 12 fastest sprouting of them and planted them for the lost of the 13 i sorted out.
This time not as deep and packed into the soil and voila they're already there (Day 5 since popping trough the soil)

leaving me with 17 Deadheads F2 from the first seeds i germinated

from these 17 plants 3 more showing "crazy" growth and are somewhat mutated, i guess i'll sort them out too in a few days if they're not showing healthy leaves.

Here just a few pictures for you.

At the right side in the brown/reddish pots you can see 5x Dead Space - 10/11 days old
In the middle are the 17 Deadheads F2 - 10/11 days old and next to them are the 12 Deadhead F2 about 4-5 days old.
The 4 pots on the very left is Deadhead x Amnesia Core Cut about 6-7 days old (i popped them just for interest and to have F1 to compare the growing speed/development of them all)

It's so satisfying growing again after the few years I paused. Wish me luck we find some fire in those!

Grow on!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

King Rat

Hey all of ya! Welcome!

Its been 2 weeks since my last update.
The F2's are reeking like crazy since then and they're only a few weeks old.

I've repotted them all on veg day 21/22

picture.php

picture.php

King Rat

Just a few days later on veg day 24/25 growth rapidly getting more and more vigorous.

Nutrients given till now:
Nothing else but the usual classic Lucas Formula 1:2 with a bit of CalMag
Of course not at full strength (EC 0.9 - 1.1) then water - water (with EC 0.3)
I don't like to water with plain RO water because it seems it slows down overall growth and water uptake.

I've used B'Cuzz Root Stimulator till day 14 and then
gave them 1 dose of Root Excelurator.
Since then every other watering with B'Cuzz Hydro Booster.

Oh and i nearly forgot. I spray mist once a week with AN's B-52 (3 drops in 0.3L RO water)
Not a big fan of AN but i still have that bottle since years using it only for spraying mothers and vegetating plants.

I'm about to top them tomorrow and put them into flower in a few days.
cuttings will be taken either in the first flowering week or even before i flip them, depends on how fast the lower branches develop to take cuttings.

I am so excited to see how they turn out!

Grow on!

This pic is from today (veg day 24/25):
picture.php

King Rat

Looking good! Pretty uniform it seems

yeah exactly what i was thinking - keeping in mind these are F2's they're pretty uniform

there are some differences in internode length, overall size and leaf structure. but overall pretty uniform.

I'll upload a few more pics later before light goes on and try to make that pic directly from the top of the plants so differences are maybe visible.

King Rat

Alright!
Its been a while since my last update.

I took clones from all of the plants on flowering day 8.
At the same time i culled out about 16 males and 2 more a few days later.
leaving me with 16 females
2x Amnesia Core Cut x Deadhead (50%)
4x Space Queen x Deadhead (80% fem)
and 10 Deadhead F2 (33% fem)

It seems like the F2 seeds are prone to herm when stressed. I topped them just a few days before putting them into 12/12

All early males had full development of big balls and clusters of pollen sacks.
Around 5 of the 10 females showed hermaphrodite balls (just a singe ball on a stick per node) in preflowering and turned into full females later.

I'll have a keen eye on them and hopefully they aren't shooting balls again.

pictures taken a few days ago on flowering day 18

picture.php

picture.php