What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are aware, the Chem Sis x NL that I loved so dearly was bred by Zoolander as well, correct? I've been chasing a plant like it again ever since.

dank.Frank

TheBlaze

Well I can definitely understand why you're hunting for something close then. Maybe give LCOG from Emerald Triangle a go then.

Zoolander also said that their California Wildfire was legit, so I assume that is his work as well.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
zoo’s also got a banana og f4 you might wanna check out.

i have a bunch of 5w usb fans providing circulation in my little tents. makes all the diff for those canopy temps.

have you seen those sensortech squares? temp and humidity you can check remotely on your phone and it data logs. i’m gonna have to grab a few for my next garden.

Zapadra

How do you even get Zoo's stuff?? Been on the hit list for too long. I should have met Stoney when I had the chance! Damn! Missed out on some real oldskool info there :(

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Zoo's gear was first acquired as a freebie from a purchase off Seedbay. 5 seeds of Chem D x NL. Years after the fact, we learned it was Chem Sis. Then, it was a bit of a focused effort to acquire and a bit of kindness from others.

When seedbay first re-vamped and started fresh, it was massive. Everyone sent in freebies of their private gear. It's where MOST of my best genes have come from. Those private freebies from '09-'11. Phillthy and I would buy packs of whatever was cheap and collectively try to get as much of certain freebies as we could. Example - I still have about 15 original BKGK beans from Retardo. Never sprouted them because we had an excellent isolated cut. Well, now it's gone and the seeds likely won't sprout. Who remembers annaC Apophis? Yep. Still have about 20 of those. Alpha D x Chem D Bx2. Never grown.

I gave away my Head Seeds and my Rez seed collections. I was told they didn't germinate unfortunately.

I still have 20 seeds of the Chem Sis x NL and a pack of Zoo's GROM x C99. These are the types of seeds I want to eventually be able to sprout successfully, even though old.

It's crazy how you wait and wait for just the right time to start something and then it all gets away from you and life shifts and next thing you know it's so many years later.

Once I was finally able to grow again, I committed to not taking a ton of clones. Not taking a ton of new seed (even though I was recently offered some of those very Banana OG beans) and really just buckling down and making it through what I already have. So much is likely lost and wasted. Not just the genes lost, but the investment into those genes. Talk about foolhardy.

@Heady - I'll be honest, F.A.M., and you know me, I'm not one to link much of anything to a cellular device, ESPECIALLY not anything about growing. Pointless probably, but, better safe than sorry? There is a ton of tech I'd love to tinker with, but it just doesn't seem wise given the legal status.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's easy to get sucked into the hype of different things. I bought seed like crazy because I was a medical grower and I wanted my patients to literally have the best selection possible. Patients could pick anything they wanted and I'd grow it out. It was a blast until it wasn't. Generally though, patients wanted something different than what I thought would be best for them. Thanks, High Times.

Part of growing only for myself again, is to focus on what I personally love. You'll see that trend. Chem family lines. Digital Berry infused lines. Narcotic indica lines.

Social/Rec weed. (Chem/Sour/OG). Anti-anxiety/Anti-stress meds. (Digi). Pain meds. (Bubba / NL lines)

The only new seeds I'm really kicking myself for not breaking down and buying is the '88 g13/hp lines from Bodhi. I'm really not a Bodhi fan in the grand scheme. What he has that is good, is merely the result of massive over production. 2 out of 80 lines he makes each year, might actually be worth the space in my room. Most of it is just generic, weak, terpy, pop culture type stuff to keep the noobs coming back for more. It really reminds me of Subcool's catalogue, in terms of how his lines generally smoke.

Flavor is great, but I'll pick raw potency over anything else, any day. I'm the odd grower out in that regard.

dank.Frank

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Hi Frank speaking of Bodhi ‘88G13/hp crosses. I have a very impressive looking Lazy Lighting male. I am thinking of breeding with it but I have so many lines already. Do you know anything about LL, I think the mother is Loompas Headband?

Americangrower

Veteran
That lost coast og is f2 of Zoo's Chem sis x NL 1x5 x Sour larry seeds. If they choose right it could be fire, then again if they didn't..well

TheBlaze

What do you think of Dynasty Genetics? I've been wanting to try his stuff for ages now, but just never seem to get around to it.

TheBlaze

That lost coast og is f2 of Zoo's Chem sis x NL 1x5 x Sour larry seeds. If they choose right it could be fire, then again if they didn't..well

In just 2 beans, I found an absolute beast of a plant. Heavy yielding, greasy, great tasting kick you in the teeth herb. One of the best I've ever had.

Zapadra

Zoo's gear was first acquired as a freebie from a purchase off Seedbay. 5 seeds of Chem D x NL. Years after the fact, we learned it was Chem Sis. Then, it was a bit of a focused effort to acquire and a bit of kindness from others.

When seedbay first re-vamped and started fresh, it was massive. Everyone sent in freebies of their private gear. It's where MOST of my best genes have come from. Those private freebies from '09-'11. Phillthy and I would buy packs of whatever was cheap and collectively try to get as much of certain freebies as we could. Example - I still have about 15 original BKGK beans from Retardo. Never sprouted them because we had an excellent isolated cut. Well, now it's gone and the seeds likely won't sprout. .

I gave away my Head Seeds and my Rez seed collections. I was told they didn't germinate unfortunately.

I still have 20 seeds of the Chem Sis x NL and a pack of Zoo's GROM x C99. These are the types of seeds I want to eventually be able to sprout successfully, even though old.

dank.Frank

Yeah the Bg was what I bid and won on. Was happy to let the beans go, stoney mentioned they had dud germ rates so no harm no foul.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
What do you think of Dynasty Genetics? I've been wanting to try his stuff for ages now, but just never seem to get around to it.

I’ve got Blue Magoo bx2 flowering atm. Very frosty. Super stinky (lavender kind of smell). Also beautiful fall colors during fade. After seeing this cut I would be interested in more of their work!!

nickman

Veteran
It's easy to get sucked into the hype of different things. I bought seed like crazy because I was a medical grower and I wanted my patients to literally have the best selection possible. Patients could pick anything they wanted and I'd grow it out. It was a blast until it wasn't. Generally though, patients wanted something different than what I thought would be best for them. Thanks, High Times.

Part of growing only for myself again, is to focus on what I personally love. You'll see that trend. Chem family lines. Digital Berry infused lines. Narcotic indica lines.

Social/Rec weed. (Chem/Sour/OG). Anti-anxiety/Anti-stress meds. (Digi). Pain meds. (Bubba / NL lines)

The only new seeds I'm really kicking myself for not breaking down and buying is the '88 g13/hp lines from Bodhi. I'm really not a Bodhi fan in the grand scheme. What he has that is good, is merely the result of massive over production. 2 out of 80 lines he makes each year, might actually be worth the space in my room. Most of it is just generic, weak, terpy, pop culture type stuff to keep the noobs coming back for more. It really reminds me of Subcool's catalogue, in terms of how his lines generally smoke.

Flavor is great, but I'll pick raw potency over anything else, any day. I'm the odd grower out in that regard.

dank.Frank

I’m with you on the potency thing... I’d much rather have a potent plant with bland taste than a plant that smells and tastes like watermelon but has no punch...!!!...

TheBlaze

I’ve got Blue Magoo bx2 flowering atm. Very frosty. Super stinky (lavender kind of smell). Also beautiful fall colors during fade. After seeing this cut I would be interested in more of their work!!

I have yet to hear anything bad about Professor P's work. Do you have a journal I can check out?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never grown any Dynasty Genetics work, so don't really have an opinion on them. Their bread and butter seemed to be a blueberry type infusion of sorts and I'm 1000% convinced I already have access to the best blueberry on the planet thanks to Chili_B.

It really pisses people off when I say that (Golden Tree - er hmmm...hahaha) but that is just like, my opinion, maaaaannnnn. I've never felt it was a function of ego to say you've got a plant that you enjoy.

When you find something that hits you PERFECTLY, there isn't much need to spread out. Chili and I talked for several months about what I liked to smoke before he broke down and shared some of the Digi line with me. I was worried it wouldn't be the right ticket honestly, but it turned out to be life changing medicine for me. He had listened and contemplated and he knew it was what I needed, even if I didn't.

That is never to say that other blueberry lines are trash - it's just simply to say that my hunt for that particular "effect" has a nice pretty little bow on it already.

My first priority when starting up again though was to find a couple plants I could bulk on a few rounds before really getting back into the full swing of things. It's exactly why I started out the gate with an SSH cross with championship heritage. Oddly enough, the more sativa plant smells very much like a sharp limey/blueberry type plant. I guess that is the Blue Dream creeping in. The other one smells just nasty funky. It smelt much softer and doughy in veg. Cookie-esque. As it's begun flowering the smells have gotten more volatile. I'm still expecting it to be a Cookie/Haze type expression and a killer plant.

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
I’ve always wanted to go out Zoo’s gear back in the day. Seemed like everyone was finding stellar keepers.

Damn DF your making me want to dig into the GromDigi Ix and try to find a Digi leaner.
The smoke of the GromDigi is exactly they type of high I looked for for so long.
Still amazed I only paid $38 for that pack of seeds

U

useless.gardens

love me some dynasty :

mt hood
picture.php

caramel cough
picture.php

lovin cup
picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
lol.... I glad to see JJ is making enough seeds now, but for to many years he didn't. That left the door open and you know what happens then.

Americangrower

Veteran
While I get the GU hatred, there's hundreds of people using JJ seeds and clones to produce seeds. I have a much stronger dislike for people s1'ing elites then some1 using a male from seeds in crosses.