What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Thanks buddy! We're on the same page, since THC is rich in 99% of stains it's nice to be able to just mix CBD meds to a desired ratio.

I just got another test result back today, finally tested some Perkins Cut oil for terpenes. I knew it was going to be extremely rich in terps, but I'm a little surprised it tested so high. 5.82% total terpenes and 3.9% of that is myrcene, pretty crazy. The lab said it was the highest terpene percentage of any extract they've tested to date....

View Image

it sounds like an anti-inflammation and anti-pain miracle!

gotta get my hands on a 20:1 type...

Runt

Anyone tried cbd crews 1024? Cracked three seeds yesterday and have optimized my inside grow: Air pots 15 lit, All mix soil with added mychorriza, Bio Bizz organic nutes, new bulb 250W... So far I´ve been using heavy indicas for pain and they´ve worked well enough I guess.

HOwdy Runt,

I had never heard of 1024 before. It looks like it's not from the CBD Crew, 1024 is from Medical Seeds company in spain. And it is a sativa dominant - high thc strain.

On the Medical Seeds website....the genetics say that they are kept secret for security lol!

-pH

ECtraveler

Veteran
On the Medical Seeds website....the genetics say that they are kept secret for security lol!
Which normally means it's somebody else's work they copied.

20:1 "OG-X" mom which is being renamed to Richness in honor of my dad who is the reason for my interest in CBD
picture.php

Last edited:
THERAPY-- high(5-8%) CBD >0.35% THC

THERAPY-- high(5-8%) CBD >0.35% THC

from a post by shantibaba @ cbd crew:

"Hi All

Just back to Europe after a travel for a month in Indonesia and Australia...and put several new strains to get tested at the lab prior to departing.

Well it seems that all the trials and tribulations have finally all paid off and we have managed to make the world`s first low THC >0.35% high CBD 5-8% in a seed form, and it has been verified by the Werc Shop in WA USA.
Since all the plants on the market which are high in CBD and low THC have been either derived from hemp industrial, or in clone form only like ACDC or Charlottes web etc..our work breeding at CBD crew and Mr Nice, THERAPY(the name of the new CBD strain) which has taken several years and a lot of close-but -not -close -enough attempts has finally paid off. Persistence is the key and lab testing has been the aid to make this a scientific process entirely.

Personally, the last batch of 90 seeds from THERAPY`s test flower was a little like waiting to see if all the calculated guess work at MNS, and all the scientific lab testing from CBD crew was going to be worth the time invested...but from a random test of 10 of these 90 seed plants all came back under 0.35% THC and all above 5-8% CBD with high levels of terpenes associated with the profiling. For me this was the final leg of testing, and while i now redo a new set of final seed of THERAPY for confirmation in a small indoor and not a greenhouse, it all looks extremely satisfying. It may be what a lot of people with sick children have been looking for, but as most of you all know cancer treatments need high levels of THC in conjunction with CBD to function well.
As i do say continuously, we are not doctors but our work with individual case after case and the honing of the plant lab data and cannabinoid profiling has given us a quantum leap forward in the medical seed breeding. We are really a long way forward from most others in this line of work and I personally want to thank all those who helped with collection and flowering etc...and especially with the patience needed to achieve such a world first ! I am really proud of the crew and all those associated with us.

Now we go into production of this seed and it will only be available from CBD crew in packets until we are fluid enough to offer it to other seed companies.

Once again I am really proud of our team on both sides of the sea...be well and hope this news spreads like wild fire as i really feel this is a diamond in the rough for many who have been waiting patiently. All the best Shantibaba

ps We are making a short film of these plants as we are harvesting currently in WA, so stay tune for that."

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl

txuck

HOwdy Runt,

I had never heard of 1024 before. It looks like it's not from the CBD Crew, 1024 is from Medical Seeds company in spain. And it is a sativa dominant - high thc strain.

-pH

1024 is hawaiian snow from GH old clone
cbd rich = juanita la lagrimosa aka cannatonic
Both use the same,, juanita

Thats all :)

1024 is hawaiian snow from GH old clone
cbd rich = juanita la lagrimosa aka cannatonic
Both use the same,, juanita

Thats all :)

you just compromised their security :)

it says on their website 1024 is a high thc variety. Not somewhere I'd advise looking for CBD.

caveat emptor.... there are some bad reviews for medical seed company on cannabiscafe. The phrase "birdseed vendors" was applied to medical seeds co.

-pH

Love Shanti's work, but to say that they are the only company with high CBD / low THC seeds developed from non-hemp lines is disingenuous. All one has to do is take a trip to Colorado to understand how inaccurate this is. Good for them making these seeds though!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love Shanti's work, but to say that they are the only company with high CBD / low THC seeds developed from non-hemp lines is disingenuous. All one has to do is take a trip to Colorado to understand how inaccurate this is. Good for them making these seeds though!

Very true.

pinkus

Veteran
I think Shanti is saying that the ratio is preserved in ALL (or close to all) the seeds. Almost all of the other seed work I've seen has either the 1/1 ratio, or a scatter shot 1/3 high CBD low THC, 1/3 high THC low THC and 1/3 1:1.

It's ALL crap for smoking LOL... IME and O (so far).

Runt

HOwdy Runt,

-pH
Looks like you´re right, my other packet is from cbd crew :noway:

At least I know what to blame that miss on :laughing:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
GW Pharmaceuticals has a from seed CBD variety that gives less THC and more CBD then the THERAPY variety, we created and later licensed the variety to them over 15 years ago.... All the plants grown are low THC high CBD and the variety can be grown outdoors in the UK, it is early enough and as so low in THC no special license is required to grow them in the UK.
GW does not make the plant variety available to others, but they do use it for producing CBD for medicines and R&D. They make full plant extracts, so you get all the same things found in the plant.
CBD crew announced they would do this almost a decade ago, if they now have a variety that is low THC and higher CBD in all the plants from this seed variety, as they have only tested 10 plants, it is about time. A lot of years???? Maybe now the Crew can start working on THCV, we created a variety that is mostly THCV more then 15 years ago also, and licensed it to GW. They will use it for epilepsy.
I personally do not like high CBD or THCV varieties, for me all they do is screw up the effects of THC, both in that variety and I find that CBD and THCV also screw up the effects of high THC varieties smoked the same day, not what I want at all. I know that some folks either like THC/CBD for their own reasons, or use them for medical reasons. That is why we created single Cannabinoid varieties in the first place, so the materials could be used for R&D, we knew that the other Cannabinoids have value and uses, slowly but surely those uses are being found. The real problem a decade+ ago was that no one had the other Cannabinoids, they were almost impossible to find as pure compounds, and if available were prohibitively expensive, so we decided to change that, it worked.
Now someone need to do the same with terpenes, I started but my health failed and so I retired pretty much. Single terpene varieties with THC, would allow R&D on which terpenes are useful for what end uses, my idea was to pass out the single terpene high THC varieties at dispensaries and see what the patients preferred for what medical indications, if it is several terpenes then a variety could be made with just those in any ratio that is best. What I love about Cannabis is there is always new ways to find new things to help folks, and to make Cannabis even better for all uses.
-SamS

It's ALL crap for smoking LOL... IME and O (so far).

Indeed it is, it works much better on the internet than IRL.

Now someone need to do the same with terpenes, I started but my health failed and so I retired pretty much.
-SamS

It would be so great if somebody was interested in that.
"We" found a causal relationship between terpene profiles and medical user experiences, which can not be found with cannabinoïds.
Also we found the broader the spectrum the better it works, though terpenes can act against each other also, it's not always synergistic.

So much I'd like to say about this, but it's all off topic.
I wish I could do controlled experiments improving these profiles, instead of the primitive tests I am doing now (which are very promising).

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I would be surprised if terpenes do not potentiate and modify CBD and other Cannabinoids medical effects. I assume they do. As I am not a CBD user it is hard for me to judge, I really get nothing good from CBD, so a high terpene CBD variety would be the same for me as a low terpene CBD variety, maybe it would taste better? All of this will be cleared up in the next decade, and then we will have scientific proof that can be used to help patients. Until then there are a lot of questions that need answers.
A good start would be a list of CBD varieties (with known terpene profiles) that help with specific indications better then other CBD varieties with different terpenes, we can then crunch the results and see if certain terpenes are associated with any medical indications. It is a lot of work...

-SamS