What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cloudy days and UV light

Leaflet

I decided to take one of my seedlings and start an outdoor grow.
I've been taking it outside for a few hours a day to acclimate it to the sunlight, giving it more hours each day.

Today it is completely cloudy/overcast outside. This got me wondering about UV light on days like this...
Will the plant still benefit from the ambient light making it through the clouds, or would it be better on days like this to leave it inside?

therevverend

Veteran
Natural light is always much stronger. If it's cloudy you don't have to worry about it getting burned, you can leave it out all day. It's the best way to acclimate a plant to sunlight. After a couple days outside in direct cloudy light it should be able to take the sunlight.

When you're an indoor grower you get the idea plants are much weaker and more sensitive then they are. Once you spend a couple summers growing outdoors you realize what a tough adaptable plant cannabis is.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
And, just to be clear:
By indoor, I mean under a 4000K LED or 4500K MH light (I have both)
Moving them in and out is more detrimental than leaving them out! As buddy ^^stated above^^ even sun on a cloudy day is better than what any light can do.

Leaflet

Thanks very much to both of you.

By the way, the reason I've been taking it in and out is because of heavy rain storms every day. The plant is a little too small to take the beating right now.
I think by the end of the week it will be big enough, though.