What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stalk rot?

Tangwena

Veteran
"""""""""""""""""Just as strong as GT but way more lunatic energy it makes me the man I want to be ha ha.''''''''''''''''''''
Hahaha, too funny.
A riding mate has some Ethiopian seeds that he'll do a swap for. Don't know anything about it but sounds promising.
Yeah baby I like dope that turns you into someone else you know not you.
Lots of pot gets me stoned ok but not a lot energises me so I feel like superman and then anything seems possible because everything is unreal in an unreal world.
Thats the kind of pot I like one that lets you function but as some one else in an unreal reality and all the Ace strains I have grown and liked (some I haven't liked) do this.
I am talking about chewing small amounts of cob here not smoking so it lasts 5 to 8 hrs depending on the dose and strain.
Plenty of time to get lost in space ha ha.
The GT is one of my favs chewed real Alice in Wonderland trip.
The Malawi x Ethiopian is more lost in space tripping ha ha no Alice.

Tangwena

Veteran
treating infection

treating infection

You can treat the infected area with rubbing alcohol to kill the infection, then smear antibiotic goop on it to keep it clean. I get a lot of stem rot in my area outdoors, when I catch it early and treat it I don't lose the plant.
Thanks for the additional info my friend I didn't have any rubbing alcohol so I sprayed with isopropyl alcohol.
The effect was almost instant it seemed 24 hrs later a knuckle was forming at the site of the old infection.
Now a few days later its thriving.

First pic is before spraying second is after and third is the plant full steam ahead.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Looks like you hit it with steroids, girl is pumped up now[/quote No just love and desperation plus I warmed the tent up to 28c from 21c.
I'm hoping for a nice fat cola and some fat lowers so starting to increase the feed Ec of 0.8 to 0.1.
Gotta feed those buds now its finished stretching.
Its on 10.5hrs of light to keep it small.

Tangwena

Veteran
Purple Honduras x Panama

Purple Honduras x Panama

A few days later and the rot has been replaced by a fat knuckle and the plant is thriving.

picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Very experienced folks on this forum man its why I joined and continue always people to help you and learn from respect my friends much respect.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Looked like penecillium. If you have more airflow and less moisture in the soil and air it should not come back. You can spray the stalks (lower portion only) with epsom salts 6.25 grammes per litre of water, usually do this for commercial cucumbers and tomatoes to help with botrytis, gummy stem blight. It toughens up the stalk and it will look like chalky on the surface of them but it's never caused a problem for me.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Purple Honduras x Panama fem

Purple Honduras x Panama fem

This girl is growing about 50mm a day and she's on only 10.5hrs light.
She would go ballistic on 12hrs light.
She has just started to flower phew!
I will post her here through to harvest why not? ha ha.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php