What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2019

Green Squall

9 bladed leaf on a Himalayan plant. The vigor in these plants is amazing.

picture.php

Got my seedlings started, garden patch set to receive them and I'm RTG!

Forsaking the greenhouse this year, and while I liked having them protected somewhat, I still had to apply BT and GreenCure to keep the caterpillars and mold away or they would have been wrecked.

Gonna seal the greenhouse off from rodents and grow veg in it.

The plan this year is to stay with NJ and let them be natural.
No pruning, no bending... just nice trees about 6-7ft tall. Comparing notes from the first season to last... I had better yields and they were far more vigorous than when I manifolded them and spent hours fussing over them.
Better yields than manifolding, too.

Ended up with 2lbs last season, most of it from the 3Ch.

Good luck to all! Good weather, good grows and good yields!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Got a deal on Fox Farm Ocean Forest for $16.99 and Happy Frog for $14.99 and they delivered. Using 40 Gallon grow bags.

Green Squall

Plants took a pounding. Again.

New England fucking weather. Brilliant sunshine one day, cold wind and rain the next. Any serious damage on your end? Luckily I staked my plants the other day, so they came out relatively unscathed besides a bent top.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
New England fucking weather. Brilliant sunshine one day, cold wind and rain the next. Any serious damage on your end? Luckily I staked my plants the other day, so they came out relatively unscathed besides a bent top.

No breakage this time but a bunch are slumped right over. A couple in pots need repotting and went over and rolling around. Maybe I can get the main cover on the hoop house tomorrow. that will help.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Damn wish we had some sun. Took the opportunity to water in some fish fertilizer now that it isnt raining. They are growin but this weather definitely has me nervous about pests, molds, and fungus`s. Got some support up so I can try to train and spread them. Fingers crossed good luck everyone.

3 newest scoutbreath (gonna maybe try to make them into a little hedge type shape)
picture.php

The others
picture.php

picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
What a fucked up season so far plants are growing slow while the lawn grows like mad. We get rain and or clouds every day. Maybe 1 sunny day every 10 and its still getting down to low 50 degrees some nights. Trying to dry my last indoor crop it might take 3 weeks at this rate. Hopefully this all means we will have a drought at the end of the season to make up for this shit weather. WTF, sorry just had to rant somewhere :comfort:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Got the Screen and Floors in. Just need a little decent weather to get the plastic cover on. Should go quick quick from here. Hopefully it will keep the cats out this year.

We'll call this a baker's dozen. :biggrin: Some are gifted mothers that are just getting revived enough to get clones and keep the strains. A bunch of these will be give aways to Agent and a couple buddies.

picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That hoop house looks awesome bro! Great job! Is there no glass in the front/back parts yet? Or do I need to clean my glasses.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
That hoop house looks awesome bro! Great job! Is there no glass in the front/back parts yet? Or do I need to clean my glasses.

:biggrin: Yeah I got some screen that was not good and had to wait on the new stuff before putting the plastic on. I'll have it completed this weekend.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Thanks. We got the chain link fence pipes at Lowes and bent them.

No more cats I hope.

Serious thunderstorms in Western Mass going on.

Americangrower

Veteran
Chopped 3 holly trees this morning and hauled them off. Little battery powered DeWalt chain saw did good. Two batteries for the whole job.

They were blocking sunlight where the hoop house is going.

Starting the hoop house this weekend. Looking forward to light dep.

View Image

Came a lil close with that tree eh. I think you needed more pulling power on the end of that rope:biggrin:

Oh nice clean veg room brother, now I know who to hit up for a GG4 clone

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Came a lil close with that tree eh. I think you needed more pulling power on the end of that rope:biggrin:

Oh nice clean veg room brother, now I know who to hit up for a GG4 clone

:biggrin: Yeah, it was a pretty unconventional chop job bc there were three trunks with tangled branches going all directions. No way to target that mess and, of course, it had to bee line for the hot tub.

Thanks man, I got gifted seven ~prime~ strain mothers a couple months ago. All legit - Good source. GG4 was one. The plants were in tough shape (stagnated) and are just now getting healthy enough to clone, but it will be too late for this year to clone and grow them out. Best option looks like clone and start them over for next year.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It's pretty much maxed for this season already, cookie mix and Chefro's stuff.

Still want to keep 'em for next year. Thinking about holding off on the light dep till next spring and maybe doing two grows with it. That would give me this year to figure out any greenhouse problems.