What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Food color your Cannabis (Rainbow Weed)

PDX Dopesmoker

Hey PDX Dopesmoker! I appreciate your support and understanding. Thanks for reaching out!

The inevitable future dovetailing of marijuana and the floristry arts is something that interests me, thanks for posting your cutting edge art. Heres a picture of one of my attempts at ikebana from a few years ago.
DlX8d8F.jpg

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Now that's cool. I've always wanted to make some sort of arrangement like that or put a big fan leaf in a frame, but it would be an illegal display lol. Cannabis laws are beyond stupid.

PDX Dopesmoker

Now that's cool. I've always wanted to make some sort of arrangement like that or put a big fan leaf in a frame, but it would be an illegal display lol. Cannabis laws are beyond stupid.

Make some illegal art, getting arrested and becoming a marijuana martyr will not only make you rich and famous, but you'll all get the opportunity to deliver withering verbal abuse to the people who "earn" their living enforcing the stupidity.

Nico Farmer

just disregard all that nattering nabobs of negativity that showed up. Their irrepressible monkey genetics forces them to try to act big

Not big, just try to give some safe infos. I think all who comment here don t give a fuck to seems big lol, who even care! Keep your insults for you, smoke a spliff man:biggrin:

who knows what dyes convert to when I’m smoking them!

Now, you know ;)

S

Sertaiz

lester how long did you soak the soil with the dyes and did you switch colors every few weeks to get the difference? nice color separation

Miasa Mura

The inevitable future dovetailing of marijuana and the floristry arts is something that interests me, thanks for posting your cutting edge art. Heres a picture of one of my attempts at ikebana from a few years ago.
View Image

Hey PDX Dopesmoker! I haven’t heard of Ikebana, thank you for sharing! Can’t wait to see what cannabis evolves into as legalization frees up people to cultivate all kinds of beautiful strains and share them in those beautiful Ikebanas. I can see those at a cannabis cup, to showcase flowers. Keep up the awesome work!

Miasa Mura

You can always do a book press! I have leaves from the first strain I grew, pressed in a photo album.

It was a bag seed but I’m pretty sure the strain was Duckweb from Olympic Seeds, of Washington. Hoping to due a DNA test on Phylos to confirm my recently idea behind the mystery seed :)

Miasa Mura

View Image

What strain is that in your photo? It looks really resinous:D

Love the Kanji on the side!:)

PDX Dopesmoker

What strain is that in your photo? It looks really resinous:D

Love the Kanji on the side!:)

Thanks, I think I called that one Calcutta Farting Contest, its real dank, I used it's male child on all sorts of stuff with good results. Keep up the good work with the decorative arts yourself, people need interesting things to look at while they're stoned.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
lester how long did you soak the soil with the dyes and did you switch colors every few weeks to get the difference? nice color separation

No dye or anything. My point was grown well cannabis displays beautiful colors without adding bullshit to it. Those buds never saw a chemical of any kind.

Miasa Mura

If you want colorful herb to smoke, you should get some good colorful genetics. Purple strains can often show ranges from black to red to pink. A personal favorite is Jah Goo, it has a nice taste too! The Chitrali Pakistani (the cover of Jorge Cervantes Cannabis Encyclopedia) is another great colorful line you’re likely to find seeds of or crosses of.:biggrin:

Miasa Mura

No dies here,
Naturally colored strains budshots

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Hey Nico Farmer,

Those are some pretty looking strains! What are the names of the strains you’re sharing photos of? I know that Girl Scout cookies and crosses get a lot of really dark, black leaves like the last photo. I really like the dark red leaves, There was a test plant last year that was solid red! Not a spot of green on it. Pakistani Chitrali is my favorite of the colorful strains right now.

Miasa Mura

Hoping to make some Rainbow nugs and set them in epoxy this fall. Making some ganja jewelry like Ras Boss :ying:

Attachments

• 7096ECF5-E614-4265-BF18-B645DF984491.jpg
    7096ECF5-E614-4265-BF18-B645DF984491.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 26

Nico Farmer

Hey Nico Farmer,

Those are some pretty looking strains! What are the names of the strains you’re sharing photos of?

It is just a sample;
strains's names:

White Widow
Dream Berry
Dream Berry
Early Widow
The HOG

I agree, Pakistan genes gives nice shades.
:tiphat:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
glycerine will preserve a bud at full size. I had a nice display some years ago. I also played about with colouring, and found it terrible to smoke when I inevitably tried.

I imagine people are being a little rude, as they just don't understand art. Believing pot is only for getting high. I grow a lot of outdoor simply as I enjoy it. Last year I had two sites I didn't even chop down. The horror lol

BlackBart

Veteran
No need to play with dye's. Genetics ... temperature and PH will give you all the color you will need.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 27
S

Sertaiz

i was just jesting, going for the serious reaction and happy to see organic colors. love all yall. i dont have any really good pics to share but have lota of ideas for resin art

edit i think its ok to grow and waste it, its a waste according to humans but it got to be alive and so its happy about that.
and wasting time feels like a very western idea in general.