What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Movies - Wish I'd Missed it!

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Bradley Stupor & Lazy BlahBlah's "A Star Is Bored".

I watched a free, bootleg version, shut it off after less than an hour & I STILL want my money back. Her "pop music" sequences were excruciating.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Birdemic: Shock and Terror ...terrible.

Recall Jack and Jill being bad. Can usually tolerate Adam Sandler- not this one.

Simplistic, but I liked Hanks in Terminal.

White Beard

Klute
I was working in a theater when it came out, so I must have seen it a half-dozen times...stopped trying to make it make sense.

The Dunwich Horror
HP Lovecraft’s reanimated corpse should have kicked the shit out of everyone involved.

Flesh for Frankenstein / Andy Warhol’s Frankenstein
Tits, ass, and entrails...no plot

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The Grey. Watching paint dry is more eventful.

Bleakly dressed crash survivors walk miles through snow, being chased by a wolf sound effect that's picking them off. Southpark wouldn't have touched the story. One falls of a nondescript cliff edge and lands in a tree. It was an arctic pine. The most interesting thing about the film so far. Eventually just one is left, and he finds some bushes! yes actual bushes. Where he stands looking defeated, as the wolf sound effect is played and the curtain comes down.

That was so Grey, It's tone leaked out the cinema and hung around the place. Like a veil of silence cast over all. People were probably making it home before they spoke again. Just to say "Tea dear" and "goodnight"

kaochiu

Veteran
Have you seen El Topo by Alejandro Jodorowsky?
Definitely another one of those movies that you can't unsee.

I think I've been in a cinema at the same time that film was screened, yet i cannot remember any of it. Maybe i live in denial. I know Jodorowsky's stuff, but i stick to him collaborating in comic with Moebius. Yet I haven't rememberd him since the 90's. I've also seen most films by RW Fassbinder and i also forgot them all. I've also seen plenty of Franco's regime cinema, just... unexplainable. Despite most having the scripts written in a cigarrette paper, i bet most non-spaniards couldn't grasp what was going on at any given moment and the endings leave you with traumas. I'm talking about the comedies. The dramas were suicidal to withstand.
Still, I like cinema, and if there's someone who represents the oppossite of where this art form should shine, that is Tarantino. I know he has many fans, but I find all his movies mediocre, and the dialogues, pure empty verbiage, and his ketchup filled scenarios like dirty collages of regurgitated ideas from somebody else. Wish I'd miss Reservoir Dogs and eventually saw Pulp Fiction which was the same nonsense with some more dough thrown on it.

It’s a toss up between Clash of the Titans and Flash Gordon (80’s version).

I guess the dull edge goes to Flash Gordon. I actually liked Clash of the Titans when I was a kid (before I saw how bad the special effects actually are).
Couldn’t even stomach Flash when I was a kid, though.