What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California Court Freeing Cannabis Misdemeanor and Felony Convictions!

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Omar Figueroa, a prominent local attorney specializing in cannabis law, posted this today

"I sat in the San Mateo Superior Court in Redwood City yesterday afternoon and saw numerous defendants ordered released after their felony possession for sale of marijuana cases were dismissed or reduced to misdemeanors, thanks to Proposition 64.

One particularly memorable defendant was an elderly African-American gentleman who appeared in custody; he was charged with felony possession for sale and apparently had been sitting in jail for months unable to bail out. Thanks to Proposition 64, the case was dismissed, since the 11359 charge was now a misdemeanor and he had already served the maximum sentence of six months. Thanks to Creator!
http://www.omarfigueroa.com/

rolandomota

Arizona should do the same I mean possession of .1 gram is a felony max fine 150 k and 4 months to 2 years of jail talk about reefer madness.

igrowone

Veteran
another layer of unjust law unravels
just keep pulling at that loose thread, and it will all come tumbling down

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fucking fantastic! Love to see the look on the swine that wanted pot to be illegal as these cases are dismissed.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Fucking fantastic! Love to see the look on the swine that wanted pot to be illegal as these cases are dismissed.

When you say "the swine that wanted pot to be illegal" I'm sure you mean just what you wrote. So I'll agree, they are swine. Although I don't want to see the look on there face as I doubt it's the look of disappointment. Not after knowing they will soon be so nicely rewarded, so nicely that all the different agencies used to enforce their unjust laws will soon be better funded and stronger than ever before.

That is what you meant isn't it?

You couldn't be referring to those who voted no on 64? No... I'm sure you would have wrote "the swine that wanted pot to remain illegal" if that's what you indeed wanted to say.

In the off chance I'm giving you too much credit by believing you have enough command of the English language to intelligently communicate your thoughts, I feel the need to point out that wanting "pot to be illegal" and voting NO on 64 are not at all the same. In fact the passing of 64 will keep cannabis far more illegal than I believe those against 64 would have ever accepted. speaking for myself, it's far more than I wanted to accept. I have little choice but to accept this travesty and come to the realization that any hope I had for the complete de-scheduling of cannabis is all but lost. A hard thing for me to do considering that nothing short of the complete de-scheduling of cannabis by the federal government will stop what has been set in motion by the passing of 64 IMHO. Seeing cannabis de-scheduled was the main goal I thought. Not to be allowed to....... not to reduce arrests to a fine. Not freeing prisoners in California. Although that would have been a side effect. I wanted to not need permission. Make it so we couldn't even be given a fine. Make it so prisoners across the country could be released.

I wonder if those released are satisfied with the terms accepted by the voters that set them free?

Perhaps they owe you thanks?

I could be wrong but I get the feeling that although I'm pretty sure you willingly broke the law and grew cannabis before this "legalization" you were never prepared to accept responsibility for your actions and the possibility of being incarcerated. If that's true, don't be so sure that everyone who commits a crime feels the same way. Especially if they feel that law is unjust. There are some who know the consequences they'll face and accept the risk like an adult. Those are the real crusaders and shouldn't inspire pity but rather deserve your respect. Instead, we should pity those who look to avoid responsibility and seek salvation in any form and at any cost. Although I'm sure nodoby wants to be in jail not everybody is so afraid of it they would compromise their beliefs to avoid it. I don't pity those in jail while at the same time feeling bad that they are.

Anyhow if you are talking about those of us who were against 64 and you really would love to see the look on my face I welcome you to come by and check it out, Or I'll be more than happy to come to you. I'll PM you directions to the guard shack or pm me your address so I can find you. Unless of course you're as big a pussy as I think you are and just like typing a bunch of bullshit.

I really would like to put this nonsense to rest. If getting what you want with the passing of 64 isn't gonna be enough please tell me what will. After all, I've accepted that I'm left to deal with what you feel is right. If I didn't accept it, you would see me posting about how I'd love to see the look on your face as I choke the life from your body. But you don't, do you? instead of having to see you post, and read visitor messages that only seek to annoy I offer you real satisfaction. If you wanna get down, lets get down. Your passive aggressiveness is not appreciated.

Oh yeah.... were you born in 1974 or start smoking weed in 1974? I only ask because if it's the former then you are the first person I've heard of that has been waiting for legalization since birth! If it's the latter I should warn you that I don't cut my elders any slack and have no problem kicking an old man down a flight a stairs!

Forgive me if I'm mistaken about who you were referring to.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Baked-I just want this guy to stop. He's a fucking cancer! His posts look to divide! His arguments in those prop 64 threads were all ended in such a way that they were gonna make it all but impossible for the two sides to come together after the election. The most chicken shit passive aggressiveness I'd ever witnessed. I called him on it and must have embarrassed him. I even apologized if that was the case. So election goes his way but that wasn't enough. He made a point to leave a visitor message with his signature passive bullshit. Fine! Let it go. Believe me I fucking lost my mind for a minute. There are members that can attest to that. I fucking reached out for help!Haha I finally let it go and started posting making sure to try to get a few laughs with every one, like had before all this election noise but running into him talking his shit.... it was just meant to be I guess? Believe me I didn't come to this thread looking for a fight. I read the title and first few posts and had every intention of expressing my happiness for those released. It may be hard for him to understand how anyone who voted no can be happy for their release.

I see it like a hostage situation. I'm nagotiating for the release of 100 people and he can feel good if 10 are released. It all goes to shit and only 10 people survive. He's celebrating about 10, I'm bummed about the 90. Doesn't mean I can't be happy for the 10. And I don't know how long I'm suppose to let him keep messing with me about the 90.

I'm sorry for clogging this thread with this bullshit. Especially a thread that should have been a feel good thread for both sides. Something I feel both sides could appreciate and felt we very much needed.something we could all be happy about. It's just not the way he works. gotta keep em separated!

I just want all this to stop. I thought it had. It's the only reason I'm explaining myself to you. Hopefully Others have noticed what I'm talking about and agree. There are threads started after the election to discuss what went down and they are really civil. It's nice to see. Coming to this thread and reading his post.... not so nice. I won't be clogging this thread up with this mess any longer.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
When you say "the swine that wanted pot to be illegal" I'm sure you mean just what you wrote. So I'll agree, they are swine. Although I don't want to see the look on there face as I doubt it's the look of disappointment. Not after knowing they will soon be so nicely rewarded, so nicely that all the different agencies used to enforce their unjust laws will soon be better funded and stronger than ever before.

That is what you meant isn't it?

You couldn't be referring to those who voted no on 64? No... I'm sure you would have wrote "the swine that wanted pot to remain illegal" if that's what you indeed wanted to say.

In the off chance I'm giving you too much credit by believing you have enough command of the English language to intelligently communicate your thoughts, I feel the need to point out that wanting "pot to be illegal" and voting NO on 64 are not at all the same. In fact the passing of 64 will keep cannabis far more illegal than I believe those against 64 would have ever accepted. speaking for myself, it's far more than I wanted to accept. I have little choice but to accept this travesty and come to the realization that any hope I had for the complete de-scheduling of cannabis is all but lost. A hard thing for me to do considering that nothing short of the complete de-scheduling of cannabis by the federal government will stop what has been set in motion by the passing of 64 IMHO. Seeing cannabis de-scheduled was the main goal I thought. Not to be allowed to....... not to reduce arrests to a fine. Not freeing prisoners in California. Although that would have been a side effect. I wanted to not need permission. Make it so we couldn't even be given a fine. Make it so prisoners across the country could be released.

I wonder if those released are satisfied with the terms accepted by the voters that set them free?

Perhaps they owe you thanks?

I could be wrong but I get the feeling that although I'm pretty sure you willingly broke the law and grew cannabis before this "legalization" you were never prepared to accept responsibility for your actions and the possibility of being incarcerated. If that's true, don't be so sure that everyone who commits a crime feels the same way. Especially if they feel that law is unjust. There are some who know the consequences they'll face and accept the risk like an adult. Those are the real crusaders and shouldn't inspire pity but rather deserve your respect. Instead, we should pity those who look to avoid responsibility and seek salvation in any form and at any cost. Although I'm sure nodoby wants to be in jail not everybody is so afraid of it they would compromise their beliefs to avoid it. I don't pity those in jail while at the same time feeling bad that they are.

Anyhow if you are talking about those of us who were against 64 and you really would love to see the look on my face I welcome you to come by and check it out, Or I'll be more than happy to come to you. I'll PM you directions to the guard shack or pm me your address so I can find you. Unless of course you're as big a pussy as I think you are and just like typing a bunch of bullshit.

I really would like to put this nonsense to rest. If getting what you want with the passing of 64 isn't gonna be enough please tell me what will. After all, I've accepted that I'm left to deal with what you feel is right. If I didn't accept it, you would see me posting about how I'd love to see the look on your face as I choke the life from your body. But you don't, do you? instead of having to see you post, and read visitor messages that only seek to annoy I offer you real satisfaction. If you wanna get down, lets get down. Your passive aggressiveness is not appreciated.

Oh yeah.... were you born in 1974 or start smoking weed in 1974? I only ask because if it's the former then you are the first person I've heard of that has been waiting for legalization since birth! If it's the latter I should warn you that I don't cut my elders any slack and have no problem kicking an old man down a flight a stairs!

Forgive me if I'm mistaken about who you were referring to.

Can someone help condense all the above verbiage into a single sentence that I can read without setting aside a whole hour ?

packerfan79

Veteran
Arizona should do the same I mean possession of .1 gram is a felony max fine 150 k and 4 months to 2 years of jail talk about reefer madness.

That's weird. I got popped twice in Tucson less than an ounce each time. Cops told me less than two pounds was considered personal use. I only had to do 12 hours of counseling and pay a 120.00 fine. This was in 2000 and 2001. I can't see the laws getting more strict

M

mGeRxOiWcEaRn

I got popped near Phoenix for under an oz and they slapped me for felony possession, felony DWI, felony paraphenelia for a small pipe and the container it was in....I'm from California and Mexican so maybe that had something to do with it. Anyway they dropped the charges for a 500$ fine many years later.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Can someone help condense all the above verbiage into a single sentence that I can read without setting aside a whole hour ?

yesum referred to folks against legalization, resin lung took it as being aimed at him and was allegedly offended...maybe.:tiphat: i hope that was brief enough.:biggrin:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Freein folks and locking up others seems counter productive.
Especially when more are going in than coming out...WTF