What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

a ppk for a 6 plant limit

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
with a short veg.

i currently live in a place that has a 6 plant limit per medical card. but the law stipulates that all plants over 12" go towards this limit.

so it really doesn't make much sense to run a long veg and turn the area over 2.5-3 times per year when you can flower at 1 ft and turn the same space over 5-6 times per year.

we have grown large trees in 5 gal containers with up to 8 weeks veg time and the 5's worked fine so i think a 3 gal container will do for a veg to 1 ft.

nothing has ever been grown in one of these before so we shall see!

also, all the plumbing changes you are about to see have already been used and tested in other versions.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
1. and 2. complete plant module. the bottom container is a 40 quart muck tub from a farm supply store and the top is a 3 gal feed pan from the same place. the top of the
medium is 14" from the floor.

3. this shows the only modification you have to do to the bottom container. a single 13/16" hole. no glues, no fittings, no clamps.

4. the tailpiece in place with flow limiting plug in place.

5. same shot with limiting plug removed.

if you look carefully at the base of the tailpiece there are 4 3/16" holes drilled in the top container about an inch out from the tailpiece.

i'll explain all of these plumbing changes later.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
now i'll disassemble the top and tailpiece to show how it's made.

1. threaded plug with 9 1/4" holes drilled in it. this plug comes with the fittings that go into the tailpiece but is not drilled from the factory.

2. 4 set screws holding the tailpiece to the fittings.

3. with set screws removed it comes apart easily.

4. fitting removed showing 3" hole. this and the 4 3/16" holes are all you do to the top container. no glues.

5. removing bottom fitting from tailpiece.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
1. everything at the bottom end of the tailpiece.

2. all parts necessary for a complete plant module.

3. showing the tailpiece reassembled and the roll of screen.

Globule

Perfect Timing

Perfect Timing

Very excited to see this thread Mr. 9nxs :tiphat:

I'm a long time lurker in your excellent PPK thread on the vert forum and am right now decking out a new grow space in my garage and your PPKs will have the dubious honour of breaking its cherry so to speak.

Still putting the space together and have been trying to source suitable Australian equivalents for the components you use. Good news is I've found a local bonsai shop that has Turface! :dance013:

Will be my first non-cabinet grow, first vertical grow and first PPK grow :woohoo:
Will post a thread once it's up and running.

Really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us all sir and I hope you are enjoying your new life in a medical a friendly state.

Cheers!

twist1uc

howdy! 6plantlimit per card.

this is just the plant module, i'll be building a complete system so i'll show all of it in a few days.

Cool. I really appreciate it. :tiphat:

I'm a little lost in the sauce with attempting this build. Your system seems to have evolved a few times, and I'm having a hard time figuring out which pieces to find/buy.

I usually have more common sense and ingenuity than this.

Mrrite008

Cool. I really appreciate it. :tiphat:

I'm a little lost in the sauce with attempting this build. Your system seems to have evolved a few times, and I'm having a hard time figuring out which pieces to find/buy.

I usually have more common sense and ingenuity than this.

All items thus far can be purchased at Tractor Supply and Home Depot:

-40 Qt Muck Tub
- 3 Gal Feed Pan
-Rectorseal Tom Kap 3in ABS DWV Inside Fit Cleanout
- 3" ABS Pipe
- Window Screening

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
All items thus far can be purchased at Tractor Supply and Home Depot:

-40 Qt Muck Tub
- 3 Gal Feed Pan
-Rectorseal Tom Kap 3in ABS DWV Inside Fit Cleanout
- 3" ABS Pipe
- Window Screening[/QUOte

the only things i can add are:

screws are #10 x 1/2" stainless sheet metal screws. drill 7/32" pilot holes in the abs pipe only and the screws act like set screws.

cut 8" sections of pipe, this puts the screen at 6". fine for a 3-4" air gap.

screen is "vent screen" from lowes only so far. fiberglass and a larger mesh than window screen. i think it flows better.