Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Powdery mildew? Or hard water spots?

Thread Title Search
Powdery mildew? Or hard water spots? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2020, 09:23 PM #1
deltronZER0
Certified Hophead

deltronZER0 has a spectacular aura aboutdeltronZER0 has a spectacular aura aboutdeltronZER0 has a spectacular aura aboutdeltronZER0 has a spectacular aura about
Powdery mildew? Or hard water spots?

Hi all,

Feeling like I’m going crazy, so I wanted a sanity check. I’ve been dealing with some white spots on my plants. First instinct was that it is PM, but now I’m doubting it? I’ve been using doctor zymes eliminator as well as spot spraying H2O2. When I hit it with H2O2, it doesn’t seem to fizz like I’d expect it to, but it does seem to keep coming back. Plants are outside, I’m in the Bay Area, and while days have been a lil cloudy, I just can’t believe this would be a problem right now

Is this powdery mildew?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CABF2CFB-41B7-4651-83A6-621A72FFC375.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	543962
deltronZER0 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:15 PM #2
Fixer

Fixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud of
It doesn't look like water spots to me perhaps the H2O2 is causing it. If you have an RO filter I'd try to see if you can rinse the spots off. Distilled water would work too.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:46 PM #3
Creeperpark

Creeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like spider mite damage, but I can't be sure. Take a magnifier and look closely and rule out bugs, just to be on the safe side. .
Creeperpark is offline Quote

Old 08-06-2020, 12:13 AM #4
tobedetermined

tobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixer View Post
II'd try to see if you can rinse the spots off. Distilled water would work too.
Try this. I did have a teeny bit of PM two weeks ago, which I attacked with water/detergent/baking soda mix. It solved the PM but a few days later I saw more - except it wasn't - it was only baking soda residue which did wash off.

Old 08-07-2020, 02:24 AM #5
Fixer

Fixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud of
Nice! Tragedy averted.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:34 PM #6
deltronZER0
Certified Hophead

deltronZER0 has a spectacular aura aboutdeltronZER0 has a spectacular aura aboutdeltronZER0 has a spectacular aura aboutdeltronZER0 has a spectacular aura about
Hey all,

I thought I’d beat this, but still seeing some white spots that got me trippin. What do you guys think? Is this all PM?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6B318B02-257F-4E98-9F68-9D95E834A658.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	544693 Click image for larger version

Name:	E46CCC67-18DC-4DD9-836C-A3D5A0FE8C16.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	544694 Click image for larger version

Name:	1B714B3C-30D8-4921-A36F-C93C2C6A53E5.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	544695

Old 08-13-2020, 09:45 PM #7
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Hydrogen peroxide on leaves will burn them. Water the soil or grow medium and not the plants.

Terpene Amplification
troutman is offline Quote

Old 08-13-2020, 10:38 PM #8
I wood

I wood has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Hydrogen peroxide on leaves will burn them. Water the soil or grow medium and not the plants.
3% right out of bottle will shrivel pistils, yes, maybe even burn leaves.
A solution of up to 1 % will not have any adverse effects in my experience.
H2O2 is useful to buy a couple of days to find a better solution or spot treat in between other treatments. Also useful to get you through the last week of flowering.

Still adrift in Hilbert space.
I wood is offline Quote

Old 08-13-2020, 10:57 PM #9
deltronZER0
Certified Hophead

I’ve been using super diluted H2O2, and haven’t seen too much burning on my leaves. Do the most recent pictures look like PM?

Old 08-13-2020, 11:00 PM #10
I wood

I wood has disabled reputation
yes

Still adrift in Hilbert space.
I wood is offline Quote