Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Whats Wrong With my Seedlings?

Thread Title Search
Whats Wrong With my Seedlings? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2020, 10:36 PM #1
Clayton_Bigsby

Clayton_Bigsby will become famous soon enoughClayton_Bigsby will become famous soon enough
Whats Wrong With my Seedlings?

Hi, im having some trouble with my new set up and im not sure what's wrong. My plants are a week old and both strains I am growing are having the same 'wilting' problem. They're not really wilting as much as they are just bending downwards and looking weird. As you can see in the pics...

A little about my setup

My seedling mix is peat moss, coc coir, EWC and perlite. I added a little bit of seaweed kelp as well.

I have a 330 watt Quantum board on them. I hung it real high at first and they stretched a little right when they popped so i lowered it to about 30 inches above the plants.

Im running CO2 in a sealed room at 1100 ppm.

temps get as high as 80F during the day and as low as 66F at night when lights are off. Humidity stays around 50%. Disregard the thermometer readings in the pic, they're completely wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200723_154542.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	542477 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200723_154428.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	542478 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200723_154934.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	542479 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200722_121200.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	542480
Clayton_Bigsby is offline Quote

Old 07-23-2020, 11:09 PM #2
BeAn v.2.0

BeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to beholdBeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to beholdBeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to beholdBeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to beholdBeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to beholdBeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to beholdBeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to beholdBeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to beholdBeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to beholdBeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to beholdBeAn v.2.0 is a splendid one to behold
How often do you water them?
BeAn v.2.0 is online now Quote

Old 07-24-2020, 12:06 AM #3
Clayton_Bigsby

Clayton_Bigsby will become famous soon enoughClayton_Bigsby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAn v.2.0 View Post
How often do you water them?

Every 3 days or so. My mix drys out really quick. I don't think its an over or underwatering problem. I'd like to think I have a little more experience than that but I could be wrong.

Old 07-24-2020, 01:00 AM #4
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
I would go to Spring Water, just to eliminate your water source as a potential problem.

assuming you can get a gallon of spring water for near $1.

a lot of people use Jiffy plugs, Jiffy something, those peat things that expand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu60uj0_-Nw

Trump's Lysol Moment @ 25:00 in video from Thursday April 23.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2020, 01:16 AM #5
Clayton_Bigsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
I would go to Spring Water, just to eliminate your water source as a potential problem.

assuming you can get a gallon of spring water for near $1.

a lot of people use Jiffy plugs, Jiffy something, those peat things that expand.

Thanks, but im already using spring water. Do you think my light is too strong?

Old 07-24-2020, 01:32 AM #6
chusss

chusss has a spectacular aura aboutchusss has a spectacular aura aboutchusss has a spectacular aura aboutchusss has a spectacular aura about
Maybe the soil is 'overfertilizer' for the babies, or maybe its ok but this genetic is sensible to normal levels of food
chusss is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2020, 01:37 AM #7
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
I mean it looks like underwatering to me. If the humidity is really 25% that's low enough the stomata close up and cannot do their thing.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:06 AM #8
rizraz
IC Mag Supporter

rizraz is just really nicerizraz is just really nicerizraz is just really nicerizraz is just really nicerizraz is just really nicerizraz is just really nicerizraz is just really nicerizraz is just really nicerizraz is just really nice
My guess is not enough water/ humidity. Easy solution might be to put the domes back on the trays. If the humidity rises and the plants look better then we have a answer. Second thing I'll say is something I don't fully understand so I'm not saying I'm correct only that I experienced something like this before. So take the suggestion/story below under the advisement that it's just a possible not a promise.

So way way back we had a veg room that we pumped with CO2 from a flowering room that touched the room. The Veg room was so sealed that pumping around about 1200ppm during the flowering room's light cycle would keep the veg room in the high 800s all day. So we start having a wilt much like yours until we lower the PPM to max at 800. We also adding a better exhaust system to the room to keep more "fresh" air coming through the room. So again, I'm not saying I'm right here but maybe lower the CO2, at least until later in the cycle or it's something to consider if that would be an easy change.
Everything I do is within compliant legal limits for the states in which those projects are conducted in. My opinions aren't always popular, sorry if you're on the wrong side of one. I'm neurodivergent so I'll be making no apologies.

"Nature produces individuals and nothing more" -CHARLES EDWIN BESSEY

My current grow dairies

Kali China Breeders Pack plus Bubba Hash and Nepal Jam from Ace Seeds
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=374396

BG Cindy from 00, Romulan genetics Rom, Djshorts Temple Flo, plus some extras and clones
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=374416

Last edited by rizraz; 07-24-2020 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: Add the letter "S"
rizraz is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2020, 03:49 AM #9
Clayton_Bigsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizraz View Post
My guess is not enough water/ humidity. Easy solution might be to put the domes back on the trays. If the humidity rises and the plants look better then we have a answer. Second thing I'll say is something I don't fully understand so I'm not saying I'm correct only that I experienced something like this before. So take the suggestion/story below under the advisement that it's just a possible not a promise.

So way way back we had a veg room that we pumped with CO2 from a flowering room that touched the room. The Veg room was so sealed that pumping around about 1200ppm during the flowering room's light cycle would keep the veg room in the high 800s all day. So we start having a wilt much like yours until we lower the PPM to max at 800. We also adding a better exhaust system to the room to keep more "fresh" air coming through the room. So again, I'm not saying I'm right here but maybe lower the CO2, at least until later in the cycle or it's something to consider if that would be an easy change.

I think you nailed it! I run my CO2 line from my flower room into my Veg room. This is the first run so there's not even plants in my Flower room yet. I just unplugged the CO2 altogether. going to check back tomorrow and if they're still wilted then i will put them back in the humidity dome.

I also don't have an exhaust. I already have the hole cut where an exhaust would go but decided against it since im using CO2 from a tank and I read that an exhaust wouldn't be needed for a situation like that. I may reconsider depending on how things turn out along this grow. This is my first time using CO2.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:46 AM #10
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton_Bigsby View Post
My seedling mix is peat moss, coc coir, EWC and perlite. I added a little bit of seaweed kelp as well.

Im running CO2 in a sealed room at 1100 ppm.
Hi,

1. The mix introduces a lot of variables.

If it was just coco coir and nothing else, I would say just give the plants a low dose of high P/K flowering food (0.4 EC of Plagron Green Sensation, Atami B'Cuzzz 0-20-30 or Canna's PK 13/14), and 0.1 EC of Epsom Salt for magnesium for the leaves. P stimulates root growth, K stimulates stem and branch growth. PH 6.0, the same as the medium's pH.

2. The sealed room

I'm not an expert at sealed rooms or tents, however I would make sure there is enough air, etc. They're not taking up a lot of CO2 at this size.
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote