What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When is best to start PK boosters?

DanTheReggaeFan

Is this advice the same if I'm in coco and my base nutes are just an A/B that i use throughout, there is no separate grow/bloom?

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
this question is answered by every feeding schedule, you got along the nutrient line you picked...

for example ghe floranova

iu

Joint Lock

I see a troll
That fell from its mother's hole
In fact her rump
Impregnated by trump
Gave birth to the little loon
Known as prune.
Which is just a nick
For his little dick

Fuck bro way to come in and make assumptions on a mf lmao

its not trolling imo . Its saying in a nice way books are outdated come to the forums and get many answers then go from there also books dont provide yeilds with pix i.e .Thus on multiple methods of answering a question

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
without knowing your nutrient base line noone can tell,

some use veg a+b grow a+b or veg + bloom in different ratios

maybe you need also mg and ca supplement or si and other tracelements

DanTheReggaeFan

without knowing your nutrient base line noone can tell,

some use veg a+b grow a+b or veg + bloom in different ratios

maybe you need also mg and ca supplement or si and other tracelements

I use Shogun Nutrients. I don't think it's very well known in the US if at all. I've been following this chart but the bottle of PK 9/18 says either the start of week 4 or when veg growth have stopped which were two different times so I just wanted to know which was best. I'm using the A/B, Calmag, Silicon, PK 9/18 and was using the Sumo Boost but that's run out now and I'm probably not going to buy another one.

I've been using the A/B at half strength (10ml) because my coco has Ecothrive (basically bug shit) in it and anything more they start to claw. I've now dropped it to quarter strength (5ml) because the PK says to cut base nutes in half. My plants seem healthy I just wanted to know when was the best time to start the PK.

Attachments

• blog_cocofeedchart-updated_6.jpg
    blog_cocofeedchart-updated_6.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 46

DanTheReggaeFan

These are my plants so far, 4 weeks into flower I know they're very overcrowded. I flipped too late.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Black D.O.G 1.jpg
    Black D.O.G 1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Black D.O.G 2.jpg
    Black D.O.G 2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 39
  • G.D.P 1.jpg
    G.D.P 1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 34
  • G.D.P 2.jpg
    G.D.P 2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Sapphire O.G. 1.jpg
    Sapphire O.G. 1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Sapphire O.G. 2.jpg
    Sapphire O.G. 2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 40

mexweed

Veteran
week 3 12/12 is when I come in with the aerated insect frass and fresh bananas through week 6

Last edited:

St. Phatty

I think it's better to at least one major P source in the soil, like bone meal.

of course, plants don't just eat -1- thing. sucking oxygen down to the roots - is that connected with the plant using P to make buds ? who knows.

i like to water extra, if i have the motivation, because it forces an air change in the root zone. BRAND NEW dose of Oxygen for the roots. you can even hear the air being sucked down into the root mass.

i like to bring the plants a bucket of seabird guano or bat guano, high P, for extra nutes, in the early afternoon, if i have the motivation.

i also mix in K, Potassium, wood ash, and also chicken manure, so that the plant gets its TLC from more than one source of P & K. if i have the motivation :friends:

Rodehazrd

:DLately I have started dropping all nitrates at the flip and giving a full dose of fish hydrolysate which is an ammonia N released over 10 weeks. Then I just add mkp and micro nutes weeks 3 till 7 at .5ec. Same mkp dose I use in veg.
I load a lot of calphos In the mix and am thinking bone char too next round for more P. Anyone use that stuff? In my experience getting a plant pumped up before flower has more beneficial effects than anything done later.

Joint Lock

'ultimate disrespect' :laughing:

Should aa known this the same clown who ran to the internet to dob to Berner about cherry pie LMFAO
View Image

So let's do the edge-a-macating here.
A)Berner don't own cherry pie.
B) Berner didn't breed anything period.
C) Cookies is unknown bagseed of unknown parental origins
D)Nobody in the rest of the world gives a fuck
E)Your a bitch and a clown and and a troll.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=369783&page=9

Damn brown nose much lol . I been on these forums from about 2000 thanks and one more thing your 900 post in little over a year speaks volumes kiddo . Maybe u should start here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=246884 see what we have done in the community . really im all those things ,hmm lets see how long u survive here LMFAO . Prime example why all the regulars have left for IG and other places.

Some of us have changed handles ect .

QUESTION IS WTF HAVE U DONE! @ ....... (DOTS)

Last edited:
G

Damn brown nose much lol . I been on these forums from about 2000 thanks and one more thing your 900 post in little over a year speaks volumes kiddo . Maybe u should start here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=246884 see what we have done in the community . really im all those things ,hmm lets see how long u survive here LMFAO . Prime example why all the regulars have left for IG and other places.

Some of us have changed handles ect .

QUESTION IS WTF HAVE U DONE! @ ....... (DOTS)

Blocked.

Last edited:

geoffo

I just look at the plants, look at whats in the bottles and use them to adjust and tweak the ratios
potassium magnesium calcium nitrates are much more reactive and available than their oxides. But you cant just feed them to your plant, itll burn.
If i can anticipate the plants needs because i know the strain and how it responds well il just use the base NPK and up the dose or lower it.
Defiencies il treat with npkcm nitrates as they work fast, less than 200PPM foliar

The PK boosts are a gimmick with some hidden hormones added to give them a kick. They dont tell you what they are because theyre very cheap to buy in bulk and the profit margin is bigger than buying cocaine in columbia and selling it as crack back home.. honestly the markups are in 1000s of %

Im replacing my brand nute line with my own and results are amazing, my nute costs are down 90% my yields still going up. But i dont have a guide as such im going by eye in what n how much i give them.

kickarse

I use Bud ferty for the whole grow(bud-rite)

seems to work out good ? Bass sulphate of Potash, 2/9/20 is a good one to use for P & K

George

PK boosters are the biggest bottled scam ever. Seriously, it just P and K in a bottle.
It the same stuff that's in your Bloom bottles.

Nutrient ratios and crop steering.

A PK booster is a ratio modification. Of course there is P and K and every other nutrient in the bottles already but it’s not specialized for flowering. The base is made for both veg and flower so you use the additives to make it a flowering formula. It’s the same thing ford and the auto industry does when using “modular” motors. You have a set base you use for everything and build off that with “additives”.

What do you think the difference between a grow formula and a flower formula is? Less N, more P and more K....what do nutrient companies tell you to do when using boosters? Drop the base 25-50% and add the PK aka dropping the grow formula Which lowers N and changes the ratio between N and P/K and pushing the plant with the flower ratio.

Or you could just buy a ready made formula that ditches the 1 base mix and instead opts for a veg and flower formula so you can put the boosters away.