What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Passive intake size for 700cfm fan

Hey is there a definitive answer to what size passive intakes should be used for any given cfm? As I've always used 2x exhaust diameter, but one would think the more air being pulled out the bigger intake holes needed to supply with fresh?

I'm getting a new 8" 700cfm fan and filter to help cool 1x 600hps and 1x 315cmh light vertical in a 4x4 tent, which after this grow will be upgraded to a 5x5 and wondering about people's thoughts

Obviously the filter will slow the fan down, but I doubt I'm gonna have to run it on full anyway as I currently have 6" centrifugal on low (unknown cfm but waaayy less) and temps running a little on high side

Tent in lung room (bedroom) with 240cfm fan no filter currently exhausting lung room on temp controller...

Temp in room is a lot lower than temp in tent so it stands to reason fan in tent can't remove the heat effectively. Fan has to be hard wired to be put on medium or high which will increase noise, hence would rather underdrive a larger fan...

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts