What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Klompen's evolving chaos - 2020 style

Klompen

The plants as of the 19th! They're truly in the first stages of figuring out how to begin flowering. The way they are growing is kind of stunning. The side-lighting is definitely helping them bush out and form a nice canopy.

I have also been experimenting with air layer on one of my feminized Killer Oranges.

We shall see how this actually works out, but I am really excited to finally be giving it a try.

Klompen

Well..... I do actually own a pair of wooden shoes! Infer what you will :D

The last few days have been absurd growth and growing odor. They are definitely heading into flower and are increasingly consuming all available room!

Check out the difference between the 20th and the 21st

Here are a couple shots of their foliage under the canopy that has formed. I have no idea if any of this should be trimmed off or not, but we're looking at a very dense growth overall....

Definitely going to be a lot of nodes on these!

I am also working on a new COB light that will have 300 actual watts and puts out at least around 30,000 lumens. I have a bit more to do figuring out how to cool these better, but otherwise they are done. I will be using it to fix the poor light distribution

Klompen

This new light project is turning out to be a massive endeavor, but hopefully the end result will be worth the while! I should have about 45,000 lumens and a much better spectrum in there as soon as I get all this done. You guys are going to laugh when you see the thing but its going to be worth it!

Without further ado; New shots from late on the 23rd. I raised the lights up a bit and arranged them for much better light distribution.

More updates soon!

Klompen

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I am so tired right now that I can't possibly give good details, but I want to drop another couple pictures so you can see just how they've really filled out the chamber.. more details to come!

Also, if you haven't noticed.... I moved my 150W COB light over to the right and added in my new 300W COB light for a total of 450W overhead and much better mix of spectrums

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Klompen,

Looks like you have been busy. I am a big diy guy. To damn cheap to just throw money at every problem. Nice to watch you build your way up.I am going to harvest a few of the same autos you got, pretty soon.Man they really produce. .

How is the guerilla venture going? I live in a godforsaken desert, so we have no cover and no water. I tried to grow out in the desert when I was a teenager, never finished a grow. One man can only haul so much water.

Keep up the good work my friend.

Klompen

Thanks for stopping by! My DIY attitude is partly a product of my nature and partly from my hard times being homeless. We had to really get creative to make enough money to get by without doing anything illegal. We scrapped metals, we recycled drink containers, and we basically functioned as our own auto mechanic, electrician, plumber, etc. At one point we were in a trailer and the drains stopped working and we just didn't have drains for 6 months because hiring a plumber with plants in the house was too nerve wracking. Stayed broken until I was able to fix it myself. Life has been that way for a long time now, so sometimes I might come across as overly-cheap, but I've just been through some really hard knocks situations that make me pretty insecure about spending.

Speaking of.... I had to get AC working for the building the plants are in and I basically had to take the AC unit apart and clean all the PCBs and connections. I also had to drill out the security screws on the GFCI plug and resolder one of the leads because it wasn't making steady contact. Then, not less than 24 hours later I am looking at the AC unit and I notice the plug to the extension cord was HOT. It was very close to completely shorting out inside the wire sheathing, but thankfully I was able to rewire it and get it going again. Just in time too, because I don't think the plants need to be cooking as they head into flowering in earnest.

You're not kidding about these things producing. I am actually glad I didn't germ all of them because we're already way overgrowing our space. I have 9 square feet and its still not enough for these 5 autos plus my photo plants mostly still in party cups.

The guerilla plants really need to go out urgently. I have 32 seedlings in peat pots ready to go and about 20 more that need to go into peat pots once those are out of the way. We're going for a massive attack approach this year with tons of bagseed plants out. I hate running out of meds, and having a lot of backup will be good. Of those 52 plants, half will be males and maybe a quarter will get ripped or eaten. So if things go well I could end up with 15-20 decent females this year, but they are bag seed so we'll see how they turn out. I also have clones planned but not ready yet. I am working on air-layering the better grower of the two Killer Orange seeds I popped. I started with it because its feminized. Of my non-feminized and non-autos, the only one that seems to have any sign of gender yet is OJDSKB(or whatever that one is called). I am still really holding my breath about the Summer Breeze trifoil. That thing is getting really big, but no flowers in sight. In my experience that is a good sign because girls tend to show slower....

Anyway lets hope this keeps going so well. Smell is getting more serious by the day. We got some cut-to-fit carbon filter material for furnaces and put it over my AC's filter. Definitely helps, but certainly not enough by itself. I have a huge DIY carbon filter that is filled with just regular charcoal. Just one more of so many things that have to be solves by yours truly!

Klompen

These things are really taking over the cabinet....

....I really didn't expect these things to grow like this....

I have 486 Watts total in there now, but I plan to add at least one Walmart LED grow light tomorrow along the back so it stops being so shaded.

Klompen

I added a 12 watt LED plant light strip along the back of the chamber. Its a very goofy mix of blue and red LED, but it should do what I am needing it for(aka run cool enough to provide side lighting without burning the plants). The main complaint I have is that it looks like the cops are in my chamber lol

Here are pics from the 30th of June, and the 1st of July.

Klompen

I picked up a set of 3 floodlights linked together that are for growing. They're 33W and are reasonably bright. The face of them gets hotter than I would like from a side light, but I put some grid wire over them as protectors. So with those I have the following now:

One 300W custom COB light
One 150W custom COB light
One 12W Walmart undercabinet grow light.
One 3-light 33W set.
Six 6W Zilotek plant bulbs(these things don't even get warm and the plants LOVE them)

All together that adds up to 531W I think. Over my 9 square foot grow space, that makes for about 59W per square foot. Its 450W overhead and 81W of side lighting. I will get pics a bit later when I can.

Latest posts

Latest posts