What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does LEDs really yield the same as their "HPS equivalent"

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
You can find amazing keeper plants from $50 five packs of fem seeds on Attitude. Seed marketing these days makes no sense.

-Funk

indagroove

Veteran
You can find amazing keeper plants from $50 five packs of fem seeds on Attitude. Seed marketing these days makes no sense.

-Funk

You can, yes, but that doesn't mean that you will. I've blown through packs of seeds from Attitude that were nothing but trash. I've also gotten keepers from single seed freebees. It's a crap-shoot.

indagroove

Veteran
They are hated because they are selling seed packs for $750 (10 pack)........

I dunno where you're coming up with these prices, because on their site the most expensive pack I see is $200 for 10 seeds, and they have packs as low as $90 for 10 seeds too.

SuperBadGrower

They are hated because they are selling seed packs for $750 (10 pack)........

Holy hell! lol.
Even the brand name was enough to irk me but I'm of course old & sour :biggrin:
Actually, I like them the way they talked about growing weed and their SOPs there. If the people who really hate them can get over it, there is some some cool info. I read in the comments criticisms that they are advertising the nutrients, which I didn't find to be the case at all. Similar interviews have much more product mentions than this. If you skip the first 10 mins (which those people probably didn't watch past) you wont even know what brand they're talking about.
So, I think those comments may be fueled by the same hate/dislike. I haven't ever seen their grows but I bet it looks absolutely kick ass & would silence most of the criticism quickly ;)

No judgment here; I dont even know their gig, so. Sorry for off topic, lets try keep it pertinent.

I heard through the grapevine that the 'jungle boys' used to be against LEDs? I've occasionally seen their followers on forums shittalk LEDs because "the jungle boys only use HPS and get 3 per light" and those kind of mantras. If thats the case this is an interesting change of mind. Maybe these guys were just disappointed by some 1.4 µmol/j purple fixtures from back in the day like so many others out there. Apparently now the results are good enough for them to switch what they can.

TPFTFW

Veteran
No ones making any of u buy the seeds

Quit complaining

if I saw something worth it I’d pay it all day

How about we get back on the subject

Any one with any info on LEDstar 303H chips?

indagroove

Veteran
https://platinumseedbank.com/product/caps-kush/

$750 a pack.............

And they formed an agreement with LUXX to use their LED's and in return, would advertise the brand non-stop in all their videos and such (which they do).

So they have a one-off pack that is overpriced, but everything else seems to be in the $150 to $200 range.

That sounds like a good agreement they formed with LUXX. Smart.

Haters gonna hate.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the best... and i mean the best weed we have ever grown (growing for 25+ yrs) , was a 1 or 2 buck jock horror seed from nirvana... it was kick ass- didn't take any cuttings and after going thru 2+ add packs and a pack of jack herer, never found that lady again...

the best... and i mean the best weed we have ever grown (growing for 25+ yrs) , was a 1 or 2 buck jock horror seed from nirvana... it was kick ass- didn't take any cuttings and after going thru 2+ add packs and a pack of jack herer, never found that lady again...

maybe 25 years ago you were more sensitive to THC than now. I'm in this case, and i find rarely a kickass strain to grow. Elite strains though for the most part...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
maybe 25 years ago you were more sensitive to THC than now. I'm in this case, and i find rarely a kickass strain to grow. Elite strains though for the most part...

nah ..25yrs ago i was smokin morning/noon and nite... it was just a great pheno, which being stupid, i didnt take any cuttings...

since that time, have bought $1000's of dlrs of seeds... i do keep a mum of a couple of rez's offerings as thats the best weed i have found, but unfort none of it measures up to that jock... every grow i try 1-2-3 new seeds (ace,karma, a few others) looking for that kick-ass pheno...

Koondense

Veteran
Zach, you should know that your JH story is still a motivation for me to search for JH seeds and pop some every other round. Right now I'm having two of S@nnie's Jacks, hoping for something above average. Will have a Jack only run soon enough but realistically not expecting anything this exceptional as the one you're describing.
Anyway, we're quite a bit off topic right now ;)

Cheers

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Zach, you should know that your JH story is still a motivation for me to search for JH seeds and pop some every other round. Right now I'm having two of S@nnie's Jacks, hoping for something above average. Will have a Jack only run soon enough but realistically not expecting anything this exceptional as the one you're describing.
Anyway, we're quite a bit off topic right now ;)
Cheers

see u grew zamaldelica... i grew it a few grows ago- it was 'ok' not overly impressive... and see u are growing killer A5- i just sowed '2' seeds on monday... maybe thats the 'killer' we r look for ... back to the topic at hand...:wave:

Azeotrope

Veteran
Not too long ago you declared with great confidence that its a waste?

I have used CMH and all types of LEDs for years and HPS in the past. Im not the only one. If you care about the answer, ask a question, otherwise keep on theorycrafting based on graphs of spectrums instead of real world experience.
Yes, they are different lights, yes, CMH looks objectively much better than 80 CRI PC leds. How does it affect the bud? Not much or not at all Which light yields more? LED hands down. Which light is easier? CMH hands down. Which lamp is most cost effective? Depends

If you are a CMH user you won't be disappointed with LEDs at all if you use them correctly. good chance you'll end up replacing all your lights.
For me it's the power bill - otherwise, CMH + a few LED supplementation units is a kingly setup!

I said I'd be game to try some..... Yes, countless legitimate studies have proven that green and blue photons have very important roles.

indagroove

Veteran
I said I'd be game to try some..... Yes, countless legitimate studies have proven that green and blue photons have very important roles.

So you haven't actually tried LEDs? These postings of yours are strictly theoretical? Personally having grown under HPS for years, CMH for multiple grows, and LED now for a few cycles, to me it's pretty clear that quality LED is the king over HID light sources. I do admittedly supplement my LED fixtures with some far red and IR during different parts of the flowering cycle, but I'm still at 20% less power than HID and getting better yields of equally quality bud (or better). That's my experience over years of growing, not theoretical.

who is led's AND hydro?

I've got a question about nutrients... Some say that plants eat more nutes under led's, i can't be sure, but one plant (same strain) over 4 under 400 w leds is showing signs of Mg deficiency, though my nutes are complete,

Have you noticed the same?