What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 dawgs

mexweed

Veteran
two of each, from left to right; stardawgXspace queen, chem DX88g13/hp, white dawg#2Xgoji og

sunk and taproot sprouted in a cup of water with a bit of vitamin c powder, planted in 5oz cups with happy frog and given 25ml of the vitamin c water

picture.php

mexweed

Veteran
among popular quality bagged soils it is sort of overlooked people tend to think of it more as a basic potting soil vs ocean forest, roots, nectar#4

it is cheaper and comprised of more basic ingredients, but because there are less ingredients it is more dense with those ingredients, not as much perlite as other options, it's a much better base if you're going to amend it

personally I like to keep things like soybean, feather, blood, and bone meals away from my grow, what I amend the happy frog with essentially turns it into ocean forest but with more diverse bacteria and fungi

mexweed

Veteran
article about vitamin c and plants from 1935

"It is pointed out that the observed increase of growth is specifically due to ascorbic acid, and not merely to an addition of organic material to the inorganic medium, since a similar addition of glucose effected no increase in the growth of the plants."

https://www.nature.com/articles/136516b0

mexweed

Veteran
just transplanted into starter pots with 1 tsp bio live mixed in, previously I would have watered with a fulvic/humic supplement but I'm not using it this time

I never thought the bio live smelled too much especially just a tsp, I opened the tent earlier when the lights kicked on and it stinks

turns out that fulvic acid kills bacteria at high concentrations and prevents it from growing at lower concentrations

https://scholarworks.iupui.edu/handle/1805/5368

mexweed

Veteran
here they are before transplanting, about 10 days from breaking soil or 14 days from initially being planted in the cups, and 3 days after transplant

picture.php

picture.php

mexweed

Veteran
I use the vitamin c to bring water ph to ~6, they're going to get their first aerated worm castings soon, probably transplant to 1 gallon in about 10 days

mexweed

Veteran
happy frog/fox farms is on back order for at least a couple weeks at the shop I went to, so I grabbed the only other 2 cu ft bag they had, mother earth terracraft out of washington

MoS

Green and healthy seedling, what seed vendor7s are they from, didnt seem to read that in your posts.

mexweed

Veteran
the stardawgXspace queen is from Subcool, a strain he called Strelka, he worked on it with Kyle Kushman who had the stardawg, I think more recent stock has been made by Badger

the chem DX88g13/hp is from Bodhi

the white dawg#2Xgoji OG I'm not sure who did the cross, but white dawg is a JJ-Nyc strain and Goji OG is from Bodhi, I got them from James Bean, so maybe he did the cross

mexweed

Veteran
it's looking like the three in the front row are going to be males they have the little nubs forming, they were definitely larger and more vigorous than the other three, I need to get an updated pic but they are under blurple now and the t5 pics look so good lol, I have some of the new non blurple leds from mars on the way but if I'm only finishing out three plants I'll probably just leave the blurples up

edit; it looks like both of the chem DX88g13/hp are males, there appears to be a single calyx on the back row white dawg#2Xgoji OG and stardawgXspace queen

so two females, good thing I'm ready to go for cuts, aloe gel and domed seed tray

Last edited: